On occasion, somebody says the "but I heard..." nonsense. I tell them that, that is an old, worn-out perception
    I use my Z10 on the TTC subway a lot. It's fairly common to see other BlackBerry 10 devices on it, though. Saw at least three other Z10s and 2 other Q10s yesterday for example.

Still, I find I get a lot of people looking over surprised when they see me watching a video or playing a 1st person shooter, or running an app that they didn't know it had. There's definitely a perception out there about what BlackBerry devices can and can't do ... and it's not always accurate.

Even yesterday, I surprised a coworker when he showed me an Android app he liked ... and then I ran it on my Z10.
    03-06-14 06:22 AM
    Or download a ring tone. Such a process.

Or set up an email account.....

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-06-14 06:28 AM
    Well as sad as it is to see that so many people have been experiencing the same comments, and the same ignorance as I have, I have to say that I love this community. From leaked OS, to help with any issue that we have, our Blackberry community is second to none. I don't think I will ever stop defending my blackberries honor, or showing up the typical icrap user, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone!
    03-06-14 06:29 AM
    Personally I think these 'friends' who obviously can't accept you for who you are or you taste for technology should be swiftly removed from your life. I have no space for judgemental idiots like that in my life.
    What you are doing is no less judgemental than the others perhaps even more extreme. If you base your friendship criteria at that. You will be left friendless. Just because someone is judgemental on one thing does not apply to the rest of the individuals outlook of everything in life. You pick and choose your battle in life. I would not use a mobile device as a measurement of someone's integrity.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-06-14 08:01 AM
    There are such days: this week I tried to buy a pouch for my Q10 in Oslo (Norway) - I went into 5 or 6 phone shops and in each of those shops the personnel was starring at me when I asked for Q10 accessories - some were laughing and some were surprised that a grown person still buys Blackberry and not iPhone as all other "normal" people.

I believe it is not about the device or the OS or the apps - it is the brand.

I wish Mr. Chen and his team all the best (and a lot of good ideas) to re-establish Blackberry as a brand that stands for innovation and great mobility experience.
    03-06-14 09:02 AM
    I think the real issue starts when you have to defend your personal preference, I personally owe no one any explanations, I like it better than your thing.....end of story!
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-06-14 10:19 AM
    I work just on the northern border of Toronto in Vaughn. The majority of phones here are iPhones but there is a solid group of employees that have Blackberrys. I suspect there are now more BB10 devices (mainly Q10's) than there are legacy BB devices.

..Tom
    03-06-14 12:38 PM
    There is no need to defend.

I just tell people that I'm sure they don't have any idea what this device is or does. Until they are informed, there is no need to have a conversation. It works beautifully for me, so deal with it.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    03-06-14 01:16 PM
    These days people care more about the name then quality. Which, is the main problem BlackBerry is facing. I get weird looks often as well

Owning a BlackBerry 10 in a way means that you won't follow others like a sheep, and value your own opinion more then others.
    03-06-14 01:28 PM
    I carry both an iPhone 5S and a Q10. I get the same reaction with the Q10 all the time but don't really get offended by it any more. If I've seen 10 other Q10s in all my travels in the past few months, I'd be exaggerating. BBRY has done a woeful job of marketing BB10 (Q10/Z10/Z30) and it shows. You can't blame consumers for reacting the way they do when the device manufacturer can't market or communicate.
    03-06-14 02:43 PM
    This is why I carry a Shotgun around with me...I put that down on the table next to my Z10 and NOBODY questions me.

People don't argue with a man that has a Shotgun and a BlackBerry.

I'm just kidding...I don't have a shotgun - they're too expensive here.

Anyway...My response is usually just "Yip." in that tone that ends a conversation immediately. My responses to "I thought they're dead." or "Didn't they get sold?" etc, are also just "Nope." in the same tone unless they ask what really happening.
    03-06-14 03:51 PM
    I've been an android user for many years and recently bought a z10 now that they are cheap to keep me going while I waited for my contract renewal ( I broke my previous phone).
    I used it for about 2 months before getting my new android phone, then promptly sold the android after realising just how good the bb10 os is. I now have a z10, q10 and 64gb playbook.
    If we can get people to try BlackBerry they would sell themselves ( as in my case)
    I fear this may be a task that is unachievable.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 04:28 PM
    Attachment 252951

Posted via CB10
    Says it all. Do Your OWN thing in the midst of it all. That is a reward in itself.
    03-06-14 05:21 PM
    Attachment 252951

Posted via CB10
    Anyone know where one could purchase this suit?
    03-06-14 06:07 PM
    I can't speak to physical magazine plans, but BB-related ads or sponsored stories are now present in many IT-oriented news emails.
    As someone who gets several IT-oriented news emails a day, I probably see 2-3 or more BB-related sponsored ads or articles per week in the likes of ZDNet emails, CIO emails, etc. I'm pleased and take this as a great sign.

These are drastically up and dramatically better focused, confident, and relevant since John Chen came in. They have varied themes, but many seem to be about BlackBerry's strengths in MDM in a BYOD world. There have also been some explicit offers for Free BES10 trade-ups for your existing BES licenses. I see very little about BB devices, which seems fine to me at present since that's not the game to be won right now. I expect that those will come in time.

I think the "New BB" under Mr. Chen is pretty effective in putting its money and its messaging in places where Enterprise decision makers and influencers will see them and click on them. These are the exact people who need to re-engage with BB and buy and deploy BES software. I'm pleased with BB's leverage-seeking approach! As is typical in IT, the articles look informational about topics of concern to IT managers, and benefits of a specific approach, which makes them more appealing to click on than a blatant product pitch. I hope it works!
    03-06-14 07:40 PM
    I am a geek, and admit it. I am much happier with a device that I can modify for my needs, but without the anoying back, back, back to get to the home screen. The flow is just that...flowing. My wife just got an iphone 5c, as she cannot abide the android phone she had. I could not believe the hastle of loading two ring tones. And they think BB10 is counter-intuative.
    03-07-14 01:50 AM
    I do this: I ask my friend to say me the ONE thing iCraphone does better.

Then I beat the iThing in the one thing it does better.

Enuff said: even after winning they will stand after the phone they choose but they didn't laugh anymore.
    03-07-14 07:31 AM
    I see it everyday in my business.. People are convinced that I only have a Blackberry to be different... The thought of having anything other than an Iphone or Android is laughable to the general public.. I know branding and marketing is expensive, but Blackberry needs to shatter the image the vast majority of people have about Blackberry...

Your example is great.. you blow away the iphone to an entire group and they laugh at you....
    03-07-14 07:39 AM
    I am usually carrying my BB in my hand when I'm out and about. From time to time people will ask me 'is that a Blackberry' and I always say "yes, I love it." If they ask "what kind of phone is that?" I say "it's my Blackberry and I love it."

Without saying anything else, my happiness and enthusiasm for my BB tends to generate more interested questions. This is similar to how it was when I used the very first Android phone that came out, the G1, and everyone wanted or used an iPhone. It took a while for Android to become loved, so just focus on your favorite device and don't worry about what everyone else is using. They will come around on their own
    03-07-14 09:36 AM
69 123