Does it drain in standby like the Z10 does mine drains like 30% in my pocket! And then heavy usage well... So I'm getting a Q10 what's standby battery drain like, it will probably be in standby for like at least 4 hours on weekdays usually 5-8 hours then at weekends heavy! However if I don't use it for 6 hours with the exception of say sending a Snap2Chat or reading BBM Crackberry or Twitter how long do you get list your options to get the battery life!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    04-29-14 02:11 AM
    Does it drain in standby like the Z10 does mine drains like 30% in my pocket! And then heavy usage well... So I'm getting a Q10 what's standby battery drain like, it will probably be in standby for like at least 4 hours on weekdays usually 5-8 hours then at weekends heavy! However if I don't use it for 6 hours with the exception of say sending a Snap2Chat or reading BBM Crackberry or Twitter how long do you get list your options to get the battery life!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    That battery drain isn't normal for the Z10. Owning both a Z10 and Q10 I can say while the Q10 outlasts the Z10, it's not that extreme.

The Z10 lasts me 10-12 hours of mixed usage which includes using twitter, CB10, checking facebook, having multiple email accounts, both EAS and IMAP. The same usage on the Q10 gets me 12-14 hours of usage on a typical day.

I recommend to check BlackBerry Device Monitor then report back. It seems like you've got an app running in the background. More than likely it's probably an android app if this is the case. Both the Z10 and Q10 should have close to the same idle drain.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 08:08 AM
    I use a dark wallpaper and low screen brightness. Even with heavy usage my Q10 battery life is fine

Q10 is marijuana
    04-29-14 08:12 AM
    With moderately heavy use during the day, I average 14-16 hours on a single charge. I also take advantage of the dark themes to conserve battery. I typically have no need to charge it during the day but will do so on occasion if I know that I will be heading out somewhere in the evening and away from an outlet for a while. Rule of thumb: always, always, always top off your battery when you can. (Or buy a spare battery if topping off isn't your thing.) I tend to NOT use my phone too much when out and about unless I have a completely full charge. Not the phone's fault, it's just an old habit of mine. I don't take too many photographs or have the need to post on social media every second while I'm out, which are obviously huge battery killers.

Needless to say, the Q10's battery life is phenomenal. Yes, I know that batteries on some phablet-sized phones can last longer than the Q10's but considering the size of the devices, I am still impressed with how long the juice lasts.
    AlfieBriggs likes this.
    04-29-14 09:48 AM