Hey guys , so ive had a massive battery drain on my q10 running 10.3 (latest) ive even gone back to 10.2.

For some reason PIM Services,System and text messages are all using up to 30% usage. ive tried eveyrthing, wiped device, reloaded , delete apps, cut mobile network and its still draining quickly. within 3 hours my battery is drained, it also is taking up to 8 hours to charge the phone because of the high cpu usage.

after monitoring it , i think its something to do with the contacts app, so i tried to delete them and re add them. issue was still there.

i dont know what to do next. has anyone been having this issue?
    10-14-14 02:48 PM
    Have you let your device settle down and finish its syncing and settling in before deciding to reinstall another OS? It does take a couple of days.
    10-14-14 03:01 PM
    Yup ive had this issue since Friday. left it over night and still high cpu usage. Ive had this issue a few weeks ago as well after 24hours it settled down but for some reason this time around its taking much longer. i think its something to do with the contacts app not syncing properly or something but again ive tried everything and read everything regarding draining issues
    10-14-14 03:09 PM
    and nothing seems to work.
    10-14-14 03:09 PM
    Try removing your accounts and re-adding them. Let the phone settle for a day or two. I had this problem when I first installed 10.3.1 dev os. However, my second try was far better.

How many contacts do you have? I have around 250. But I've read on this forum that there are users with over 20000 contacts. That could also be a factor. Something else you could try - switch off wifi and data connections for one night and check in the morning. If the battery usage is still similar then there is something wrong. Otherwise, it's just the initial sync.

Another recommendation - after flashing 10.3 try doing a security wipe. That seems to help with a lot of issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:50 PM
    i have about 800 contacts and my facebook has around 5000 however i turned off fb ( for some reason it still syncs with some of my contacts i do not understand why) i tried the security wipe even tried reloading the OS. also i tried turning off wifi/mobile on and off didnt work , i even replaced the sim card. whats weird is that the battery drain fixes over night and then starts up mid day again.
    10-16-14 08:14 PM
    even on a fresh install before i restored my data it was still using max usage. very weird
    10-16-14 08:16 PM
    overnight when I'm not texting anybody the cpu goes back to normal and as soon as i start texting it goes back up to high usage
    10-17-14 10:14 AM