I have a Q10 (purchased from Shop Blackberry; carrier = Bell) with no problems until two days ago; on Wednesday, my Q10 automatically updated it to the official version of 10.3.2.440.

The Q10 ran fine prior to the update, but now the battery drain is awful -- once I unplugged it from the charger (after updating) the once-full battery drained to below 20% in a matter of just under 4 hours or so (it was 24-48 hours prior). I've repeatedly rebooted, recharged and watched my battery drain in 4-6 hours with little use (no video, just email and news apps). My Q10 is also suddenly running hotter -- no wonder; the CPU is dominated by Android Player running at 28%-59% at idle (no apps running).

The "App Manager's" "Device Monitor" indicates that "Android Player" is responsible for 40-45% of the battery consumption (only since the 3.10.3.440 update). I assume this is an important piece of information.

Meanwhile, my wife's Q10 (running 10.2) indicates "Android Player" using 0.22% of the battery. She charged it yesterday and it shows 82% of the battery remaining, with battery time remaining at ">3 days."

Surely I can't be the only one with this problem, and yet I don't see any explosion of similar questions related to 10.3.2. Here's what I've done

1. I've hard booted (battery out, etc.) repeatedly (10-12 times) ... with and without battery removal. No change.
    2. I've unselected "Blackberry Protect" (which I excitedly engaged the minute the new OS was loaded). No change.
    3. Because "Android Player" seems to be the main culprit, I've selectively deleted any non-native apps that were loaded, beginning with newspapers that send daily notifications. No change.
    4. I've deleted the Weather Network app and turned off locations. No change.

I see that some users went through this when they switched from 10.1 to 10.2 (which wasn't ever a problem for me).

Based on my reading here so far, I know that I'll be advised to backup/security wipe and reinstall the OS, which is a move that indicates a lack of any specific idea as to what the cause is for Android Player's sudden boost in consumption. I'm not keen on this at all, in part because it relies on blind luck, rather than actual diagnostics. Can someone come up with an actual cause and solution to this specific issue? Otherwise, what's the point of the phone's diagnostics?

I took the time to search for a thread with the same problem, but decided to post it here -- no hijacking intended.
    Last edited by Oshasat; 06-05-15 at 10:46 PM.
    06-05-15 03:05 PM
    sorry i see your Q10 has issue with 10.3.2...my Q10 just got automatically upgraded to 10.3.1 two days ago. My wife's Q10 is the same of 10.2.* old version. We are using the same unlocked phone but ATT prepaid plan.
    06-05-15 03:34 PM
    I suggest that you stay with 10.2 (or 10.1), unless you feel like having this potential problem. Most of us use BlackBerry because we prefer their OS, but here I am saddled with a problem that's caused by a "parasite" Android app facilitator. I think that having this forced on us with no way of uninstalling Android Player is a big step backwards for BlackBerry. I have a vampire app that sucks the life out of my CPU and battery AND gives away my privacy, and the only way out of this mess is to wipe my damned phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 03:51 PM
    Android player on my Z30 seems to be draining the battery from 80% --> 2% in a matter of 3 hours. By the way I was not streaming! I was watching a holiday video but stopped it and the video was in a minimised idle frame!! I never had this before.

Z30 / STA100-2 / OS 10.3.1.2582
    06-08-15 06:51 AM
    Yes i also have this problem.but mine is z10 & os is 10.3.1779.my battery lasts for about 4 hours when fully charged

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 07:14 AM
    I found a solution. It occurred to me that the two problems may have been unrelated.*

I wiped the phone for about the two-dozenth time, and I selected the option to "send diagnostics and usage data" to Blackberry in the initial setup screens -- something I had never engaged in previous setups. I think that might have been related to the Android Player overuse of my CPU/battery, given that it now went to idle. I had assumed that the less contact with a server, the better for my battery, but I suspect otherwise now. So from this point onward, I'll let BB get their status updates from my phone.*

Then, I added my email accounts waiting for things to "settle" after each added account -- intervals of 10-30 minutes. I noticed that my work email (a small university that uses Groupwise, if that matters) suddenly triggered a huge spike in CPU use, thanks to PIM Services (we're talking 30%-40%, which is a slight decline from earlier, but I only had 2 accounts loaded at this point).*I removed my Gmail account and the problem was still there. Took out my work email. Problem solved. But I need that account more than any other.*I "unselected" (1) sync calendar and (2) sync contacts and after a short interval, things settled down and PIM Services idled. Now I've also removed "sync tasks" and "sync memos" and PIM Services has idled.

My 'remaining battery' life has crawled up from 3 hours to almost 3 days. Problem solved.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Rio Sundoro likes this.
    06-09-15 11:14 AM
    Thanks for posting the solution. I have the same exact problem with the new update 10.3.2.440 installed 4 days ago. Battery drains in 6 hours and getting "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemapps has stopped" error on Android Apps such as Pandora. The previous software was good for 36 hours or more. Will try the wipe & re-install with that option checked, and see what happens!
    Oshasat likes this.
    06-21-15 08:51 AM