Can anyone with the charger bundle share how long it takes to fully charge your phone if daisy chained with the charger with the extra battery inside? Mine seems to take forever...wondering if this normal or my charger is faulty. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 12:41 AM
    I keep a fully charged battery at all times, when one dies or gets low I stick it in the charger....doesn't take too long as I let it charge and I don't charge my Q with it at all.
    06-22-13 03:13 AM
    I agree that it takes a while when charging both. I had two dead batteries, one in the phone, one in the charger. I set them to charge simultaneously at 11pm and at 6am the battery in the charger was charged but the one in the phone was at 70something %

Pretty slow tbh and kinda negates the purpose. I'm gonna experiment with the playbook charger to see if this makes things more useable. Will try and kill both my batteries today and try it tonight maybe and post back..

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 04:18 AM
    Playbook charger: if I don't use the Q10 while charging the battery is fully loaded in approx. 1.5 hrs.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 07:06 AM
    Have the same experience when charging both the Q10 and the spare which, as has been mentioned, defeats the purpose of the charger so I have my Playbook charger always handy in addition to a USB charger in the car which works intermittently (sometimes it charges, sometimes it just provides power, sometimes it doesn't do a thing). All in all, I find the Q10 battery much, much better than the Z10 battery which was a total joke but not as good as the Bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 01:52 PM
    I just picked up the battery bundle yesterday and am using it for the first time right now.
    Just a straight charge for my Q10. Doesn't seem to be taking too long.
    Has anyone else noticed that the charging bundle gets rather warm though? Is this normal?

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    06-23-13 09:12 AM
    And apparently it doesn't charge it all the way. My charging bundle was fully charged when I plugged it into my phone.
    My Q10 was at 30% when I plugged it in, it stopped at 87%.
    Kind of disappointing. Maybe once that battery has a few cycles on it, it will be able to charge it more then 57%....

jbaker8 likes this.
    06-23-13 09:49 AM
    My experience with the bundle is the same as MrRJ, takes forever to charge when charging them together, and my bundle battery gets pretty warm too.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    06-23-13 12:14 PM
    dont charge them together just charge them one at a time and swap
    06-24-13 12:37 AM
    Charger bundle charges 80-90% on the Z10.

Rarely daisy chain them together but haven't noticed it taking longer.

As stated above if you have the PlayBook charger I'd try that.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 02:04 AM
    Never charged at the same time but thanks for the tip.

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    06-24-13 02:09 AM
    Gotta use the PlayBook charger.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 02:16 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Glad to know my unit is not faulty. I m actually not using the charger daily as I almost always charge in my car during the day. The spare battery will only be used during emergency when I am out without power. So I kept it charged 40% and placed it in my wallet (yeah, it's that small and thin). 40% is optimal to prolong the lifespan of Li-ion battery for storage.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:47 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Glad to know my unit is not faulty. I m actually not using the charger daily as I almost always charge in my car during the day. The spare battery will only be used during emergency when I am out without power. So I kept it charged 40% and placed it in my wallet (yeah, it's that small and thin). 40% is optimal to prolong the lifespan of Li-ion battery for storage.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I like your strategy. Our of curiosity though, where did you get the number of 40%?

06-24-13 04:18 PM
    I am using the charger that came with the Playbook way faster then the charger that came with my Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 04:20 PM
    With a full charge on the backup battery, I started charging my phone battery at 2%. The bundle got really hot and after about 1 hour of charging, my phone was at 59% and it stopped. It's kinda disappointing as I thought that the bundle will charge my battery full.
    06-24-13 05:00 PM
    I just picked up the battery bundle yesterday and am using it for the first time right now.
    Just a straight charge for my Q10. Doesn't seem to be taking too long.
    Has anyone else noticed that the charging bundle gets rather warm though? Is this normal?

I took my phone off the charger about 19 hours ago [approx] and swapped to a fresh one....realistically it took like maybe 2 hours to charge, I have the solid green light, and the battery is 'cool' not warm. The battery in the phone is a lot warmer than the one on the charger.

And apparently it doesn't charge it all the way. My charging bundle was fully charged when I plugged it into my phone.
    My Q10 was at 30% when I plugged it in, it stopped at 87%.
    Kind of disappointing. Maybe once that battery has a few cycles on it, it will be able to charge it more then 57%....

I switched this morning from the charger, it was at 100% Try to ensure the green light is solid, not blinking thus meaning it is fully charged.

Playbook charger: if I don't use the Q10 while charging the battery is fully loaded in approx. 1.5 hrs.

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook charger is CLUTCH if you need a quick charge! Used it for my old 9900, it would charge to 100% in under an hour

I agree that it takes a while when charging both. I had two dead batteries, one in the phone, one in the charger. I set them to charge simultaneously at 11pm and at 6am the battery in the charger was charged but the one in the phone was at 70something %

Pretty slow tbh and kinda negates the purpose. I'm gonna experiment with the playbook charger to see if this makes things more useable. Will try and kill both my batteries today and try it tonight maybe and post back..

Posted via CB10
    I always keep one in the charger, and once the battery in the phone gets to the 'Below 20%' warning, I switch.

Gotta use the PlayBook charger.

Posted via CB10
    +1

I am using the charger that came with the Playbook way faster then the charger that came with my Q10

Posted via CB10
    The cube that comes with the Q10 is rated at 850mAh and the PlayBook charger is...it escapes me now lol
    06-24-13 05:09 PM
    Anyone know how long a fully charged battery will stay charged for? Thinking about buying, charging it and putting it in my car for that "just in case" moment. If I grab it from my center console a month from now will it still have any juice in it?
    06-24-13 06:27 PM
    I use playbook charger or travel charger, it has a yellow end. It charges in just over an hour, both battery and phone. I have no problems with not charging fully or getting hot. No problems at all

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:53 PM
    Anyone know how long a fully charged battery will stay charged for? Thinking about buying, charging it and putting it in my car for that "just in case" moment. If I grab it from my center console a month from now will it still have any juice in it?
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

I think leaving it out for a month may not hold the charge, and you'd be kinda pissed off, just keep one charged and carry it with you, that is what I've been doing.
    blaster1086 likes this.
    06-24-13 06:55 PM
    Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I like your strategy. Our of curiosity though, where did you get the number of 40%?

It's all at the Battery University site. Another useful tip to prolong the battery lifespan is to charge with slower charger (lower amp rating)

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:06 PM
    Does anybody know if you can use the Z10 charger bundle to charge the Q10? I know that a battery swap is not possible.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:34 PM
    Won't be a problem at all. It won't charge it to 100% from 0%, but it would still give it a decent charge.
    I have already done the opposite with mine and charged my wife's Z10 with my Q10 bundle no problems.

06-24-13 09:56 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

I think leaving it out for a month may not hold the charge, and you'd be kinda pissed off, just keep one charged and carry it with you, that is what I've been doing.
    Thanks for the welcome! That's kind of what I was assuming would be the case but hoping wasn't the case as I'm not too much of a power user. Just wanted to have something as a back up but from the sounds of how good the battery is I may not even need anything! Now if I can just find a Q in my area...I don't get how AT&T released the phone last Friday and the stores around me have NO clue on what I'm talking about
    06-24-13 10:20 PM
    Does anybody know if you can use the Z10 charger bundle to charge the Q10? I know that a battery swap is not possible.

Posted via CB10
    Any charger with 5V can charge Q10, this includes every recent device charger you can think of, including iPad. The only difference is how fast it will charges (depends on Amp). The faster it charges the faster the wear on Li-ion, so the included charger at 0.85A is a good moderate one to charge. An iPad charger (2A) can charge faster but will wear the battery faster, like car tyres (the faster you drive all the time, the faster you need to renew them). An USB carries only 0.5A so it will be slower to charge, ideal for overnite charging.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 12:05 AM
28 12