ok i'll try and come back with an answer tomorrow
    Last edited by sereabogdan; 09-16-14 at 12:23 PM.
    09-16-14 11:52 AM
    Not now, start with the security wipe : Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe
    DON'T forget to save all your precious data first ! But the goal is to NOT do a restoration after the security wipe, so use Link but also your SD card to save data. Don't forget to decrypt your SD card if you had encrypted it before.

Our goal is to detect the culprit so you won't have this issue again.
    ok so i security wiped my device. i did not add any contact, any account. not even the blackberry account. i just let it stay fresh and the battery still drains fast.
    09-17-14 04:48 AM
    BlackBerry recommends using a SD card to extend battery life.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/...-battery-tips/

Check out IWIK at BBM Channel C002FA57C
    09-17-14 05:00 AM
    ok so i security wiped my device. i did not add any contact, any account. not even the blackberry account. i just let it stay fresh and the battery still drains fast.
    and you have even the CPU intensive result from earlier ? If not, it's battery related. If yes, search the forum for the autoloader of the last official version for your Q10 (SQN-100-1/2/3/4/5). Or use the "Reload" option of BlackBerry Link.
    09-17-14 06:43 AM
    and you have even the CPU intensive result from earlier ? If not, it's battery related. If yes, search the forum for the autoloader of the last official version for your Q10 (SQN-100-1/2/3/4/5). Or use the "Reload" option of BlackBerry Link.
    So CPU for the last 12 hours says:
    System 80%
    Stand by 14 %
    PIM 3.2 %
    Home Screen 2.2 %
    rest <0.1

And the BATTERY for the last 12 hours:
    System 21%
    Standby 2.8%
    Home Screen 1.4 %
    Pim Services 0.93 %
    Display 0.12 %
    09-17-14 06:53 AM
    Well, for the CPU, only the "current" tab is interesting You can always reload your OS through BlackBerry Link. Give it a try !

With Link installed and your Q10 plug in, click on the up arrow beside your device name, then on "reload device software". That's all.

But your results seem ok to me. Have you a graph of the battery via Device Monitor ?

I will give you one of mine, so you have an idea :
    Attachment 298365
    09-17-14 07:01 AM
    Current CPU says 3-4 % system and rest IDLE.
    I can't reload via blackberry link. it says there are no device software available.
    The attachment does not work. it says invalid attachment
    09-17-14 07:06 AM
    So, the CPU usage is normal again. No worry here. I think you can add your accounts one by one (let them sync before adding a new one).

If you really want to reload your device, check the forum here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...10-faq-800044/

Last but not least, the attachment above is a screenshot of my Device Monitor.
    09-17-14 07:18 AM
    So, the CPU usage is normal again. No worry here. I think you can add your accounts one by one (let them sync before adding a new one).

If you really want to reload your device, check the forum here : Blackberry 10 FAQ - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Last but not least, the attachment above is a screenshot of my Device Monitor.
    This morning i unplugged my charger at 100 %. now its 5 hours later and the phone is 46%. reload might be the only solution for my problem but i get the error. ill check that link you gave me. maybe someone has a solution
    09-17-14 09:13 AM
    This morning i unplugged my charger at 100 %. now its 5 hours later and the phone is 46%. reload might be the only solution for my problem but i get the error. ill check that link you gave me. maybe someone has a solution
    Your battery might have a problem too, but for now, we will consider that the issue is in the software that compute the time before being empty. You will have to wait, and train your battery with 2 to 4 complete cycles (so full charge to Zero charge, and don't use it during charging, do it at night).
    On the link I gave you, you will find the ressources needed to reload your phone, through a soft brick (don't do that) or an autoloader. But I encourage you to wait for training your battery first (it's not a matter of battery memory, but a software one).
    09-17-14 09:43 AM
    last night after security wipe i drained my battery to 0 and charged it at night to 100 %. i didnt use the phone. ill do the same tonight and come back tomorrow with an answer
    09-17-14 10:08 AM
    Let it switch off on his own.
    09-17-14 10:16 AM
    Let it switch off on his own.
    ok so since yesterday ive done that 3 times. let it drain , switch off on his own. charged to full on airplane mode without using it. and the battery is still draining. ill try reloading later .
    09-18-14 08:16 AM
    Thank you for your tests. Unfortunately, there is still 2 causes possible : the battery or the OS. As you haven't a spare battery, a fresh reload seems a good idea (but again, your CPU cycles are normal since the security wipe... in the mean time, have you one more screenshot of your Device Monitor, battery panel, "since last charge" ticked ? ).
    09-18-14 08:50 AM
    Thank you for your tests. Unfortunately, there is still 2 causes possible : the battery or the OS. As you haven't a spare battery, a fresh reload seems a good idea (but again, your CPU cycles are normal since the security wipe... in the mean time, have you one more screenshot of your Device Monitor, battery panel, "since last charge" ticked ? ).
    Battery since last charge:
    98% 8 hours remaining

System 1.3 %
    Standby 0.33%
    Home screen 0.19%
    PIM 0.09%

Battery last 12 hours:
    System 64 %
    standby 9.7 %
    home screen 2.8%
    09-18-14 09:25 AM
    Numbers are nominal. Except the 8 hours left. My feeling tell me it's the battery...
    Ok, stay in touch with us after the reload
    09-18-14 11:35 AM
    Numbers are nominal. Except the 8 hours left. My feeling tell me it's the battery...
    Ok, stay in touch with us after the reload
    10.2.1 Battery drain / high cpu solution: [ BlackBerry Z10 ]
    This guy was facing the exact problem and symptoms as my device. for him the only resolve was reloading via blackberry link.
    Unfortunately, everytime i try to reload , the blackberry link tells me there are no device software updates available. Now i used 10.1 autoloader to downgrade hoping that blackberry link would work, but it didnt. how do i resolve that error. i really want to reload before buying a new battery.
    09-18-14 02:25 PM
    If I may, you didn't have a high CPU usage... You must only consider the "current" state of the CPU tab in Device Monitor. Other states are irrelevant here.
    It's strange that the BlackBerry Link "reload" didn't work out of the box, you can always do a "soft brick" but I don't recommend it. Again use an autoloader. All the links are in the forum, and you can start with the ones I gave you in the posts above.

Edit: Official link to reload your phone
    Last edited by Joshu42; 09-18-14 at 04:12 PM.
    09-18-14 02:38 PM
    If I may, you didn't have a high CPU usage... You must only consider the "current" state of the CPU tab in Device Monitor. Other states are irrelevant here.
    It's strange that the BlackBerry Link "reload" didn't work out of the box, you can always do a "soft brick" but I don't recommend it. Again use an autoloader. All the links are in the forum, and you can start with the ones I gave you in the posts above.

Edit: Official link to reload your phone
    i used autoloaders 2 times, that doesnt fix the problem. reload is my last try, if i can manage to do it.
    can u be more specific with that soft brick? i never heard of it
    09-18-14 04:33 PM
    i used autoloaders 2 times, that doesnt fix the problem. reload is my last try, if i can manage to do it
    Run an autoloader or execute a reload is the same thing. So now, we know : your battery is faulty.
    In the future, don't use your phone while charging and do full cycle (100% to 0).
    A new battery is very cheap nowadays

For the "soft brick" thingy, check the link to the faq I post earlier, or search the forum.
    09-18-14 04:44 PM
    Run an autoloader or execute a reload is the same thing. So now, we know : your battery is faulty.
    In the future, don't use your phone while charging and do full cycle (100% to 0).
    A new battery is very cheap nowadays

For the "soft brick" thingy, check the link to the faq I post earlier, or search the forum.
    i will buy a battery. but what i dont understand is why is the phone constantly heated? is that related to broken battery?
    09-18-14 06:34 PM
    It can.
    There are several overheating issues :

- Weak signal
    - Accounts sync (with the contacts list as first culprit)
    - 4G (LTE)
    - faulty battery
    - continuous usage of the phone for hours
    - Android apps (Skype, games, ...)
    - after a fresh reload, it's normal. See Accounts sync.
    - GPS, NFC, DATA, Wi-Fi, bluetooth, ...

So :

- never charge your battery in small increment
    - never use your phone during charging
    - don't let your phone in direct sunlight too long
    - use imap instead of pop for your emails
    - check your accounts sync settings
    - customize your notifications
    - avoid vibration mode
    - enable bedside mode at night
    - avoid Android apps
    - close unused active frames
    - check your headless app in Permission settings
    - adjust your screen brightness
    - lock your screen when not use or buy a leather pouch/holster
    - customize your screen lock timeout
    - stop the thing you don't always need : GPS, NFC, etc... try 2G for a while
    - stock your media on a SD card
    - restart the phone and/or take off the battery for a while

If after a week and with your new battery, nothing change, ... contact Blackberry.
    09-18-14 07:13 PM
    Can I have on screen battery percentage instead battery icon . I can't find in settings

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 08:11 AM
    Can I have on screen battery percentage instead battery icon . I can't find in settings
    when you are in an app, just swipe up from the bottom without releasing your finger. You will have the percentage instead of the battery icon.
    09-19-14 08:39 AM
    when you are in an app, just swipe up from the bottom without releasing your finger. You will have the percentage instead of the battery icon.
    Thx. I know that i was think to change icon I like more percentage then icon

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:47 AM
61 123