Hi guys i updated my q10 to 10.2.1.3253, did a security wipe after and my battery goes from 100 to 0 in 3-4 hours. + the charging takes about 5 hours to complete.
    i read that after an update the phone needs 2,3 days to settle . i hope it gets better. if not, im open for suggestions.
    09-10-14 03:24 AM
    Yes it does take a few days to settle in, however it shouldn't be as worse as it is with your unit.
    Check out your device monitor to see what kind of processes take up CPU cycles and post a screenshot.
    09-10-14 03:31 AM
    q10 battery-img_20140910_164252.pngq10 battery-img_20140910_164258.pngq10 battery-img_20140910_164316.pngq10 battery-img_20140910_164320.png

Current and last 12 hours.
    09-10-14 09:01 AM
    q10 battery-img_20140910_200225.png
    another picture of my battery for the last 48 hours. is that normal ?
    09-10-14 12:11 PM
    Your PIM services is killing you. Might want to change some of the interval rates on your emails, contacts, calendars.
    09-10-14 12:20 PM
    when i added my email i turned the contacts/calendar sync off. its just the emails sync thats on
    09-10-14 12:55 PM
    How many email's do you have with sync on and what are the intervals for sync?
    Also, I had similar problem with bad battery life. And the problem was that I had lte turned ON on a network with no lte coverage. Now I keep it on hspa+/umts and have full one to two days usage.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 01:03 PM
    How many email's do you have with sync on and what are the intervals for sync?
    Also, I had similar problem with bad battery life. And the problem was that I had lte turned ON on a network with no lte coverage. Now I keep it on hspa+/umts and have full one to two days usage.

Posted via CB10
    i dont have many emails. the interval for sync is 2 hours. how do i turn that LTE off ( i dont even know what that is )
    09-10-14 01:26 PM
    and what about that 151% system battery usage . is that normal ?
    09-10-14 01:30 PM
    Yes, the number is normal. Activate the "Since last charge view".
    So, to eat so much, I assume you have a long list of contact syncing and probably a full SD card ? Have you activate encryption ?
    09-10-14 01:42 PM
    Yes, the number is normal. Activate the "Since last charge view".
    So, to eat so much, I assume you have a long list of contact syncing and probably a full SD card ? Have you activate encryption ?
    i dont have a long list of contacts and i dont have an SD card. my encription setting is off
    Last edited by sereabogdan; 09-10-14 at 03:56 PM.
    09-10-14 03:22 PM
    If you go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Encryption, Device and Media card are off ?
    Well, if it's not that, we can get back to the sync of accounts. Can you let it connect to your Wi-Fi network all night ?
    09-10-14 03:55 PM
    If you go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Encryption, Device and Media card are off ?
    Well, if it's not that, we can get back to the sync of accounts. Can you let it connect to your Wi-Fi network all night ?
    the encryption is off. my wifi is always on.
    09-10-14 05:06 PM
    just now i noticed a very strange thing. for the last couple of days i barely used my phone and here is a picture of my battery for the last 48 hours. my phone is heated constantly
    q10 battery-img_20140911_115229.png
    Last edited by sereabogdan; 09-11-14 at 04:14 AM.
    09-11-14 03:56 AM
    What is strange is 94% = 6h... And now, we see a pattern. Did you keep your Q10 plug in when you use it ? If so, it's a very bad idea. You have to let your battery do a full cycle (100 to 0%) each time before charging it again. It's for the battery, but also for the software that estimate the available time...
    Best way today to have correct data to solve your issue is to first, let your Q10 switch off by itself and charge it until 100% without using it. Then, take a screenshot of the battery data "since the last charge". And do this 3 days in a row, to be sure the software part learn something.
    09-11-14 04:23 AM
    i dont have many emails. the interval for sync is 2 hours. how do i turn that LTE off ( i dont even know what that is )
    Goto setting , network and connections thn mobile network n chose network mode 2G or 3G . LET / 4G is battery eater try to be at 2G settings if you want longer battery . 3G also eats battery .
    Last edited by Imtinan ChaudarY; 02-02-15 at 01:21 AM.
    Kittflow likes this.
    09-11-14 04:29 AM
    There seems to be a serious problem with your PIM Services, a rather common problem as of late with recent 10.2.1 releases it seems.
    Do you have any Android apps sideloaded? What about your connection at home, is your Wifi coverage good? You won't believe how much drain a bad covered wifi can be for the battery, even over night. Same goes for your cellular connection. At my ho.e I have very spiky connection, ranging from average LTE over good H+ to very poor 3G. Even in the same room without moving. Keeping the connection alive consumes quite some battery juice.

A heated phone at standby is always a bad sign. The phones heats up either because of battery use (high charge or noticeable discharges) and/or the CPU being active which generates heat (and also leads to battery activity), this however should never happen when the phone is at standby and thus idle.
    09-11-14 06:03 AM
    There seems to be a serious problem with your PIM Services, a rather common problem as of late with recent 10.2.1 releases it seems.
    Do you have any Android apps sideloaded? What about your connection at home, is your Wifi coverage good? You won't believe how much drain a bad covered wifi can be for the battery, even over night. Same goes for your cellular connection. At my ho.e I have very spiky connection, ranging from average LTE over good H+ to very poor 3G. Even in the same room without moving. Keeping the connection alive consumes quite some battery juice.

A heated phone at standby is always a bad sign. The phones heats up either because of battery use (high charge or noticeable discharges) and/or the CPU being active which generates heat (and also leads to battery activity), this however should never happen when the phone is at standby and thus idle.
    i turned off wifi, put the mobile network on 2g, deleted my gmail account and the phone is still heated and battery drains fast. i would try a reload via blackberry link but it tells there are no software updates available.
    09-11-14 08:07 AM
    What is strange is 94% = 6h... And now, we see a pattern. Did you keep your Q10 plug in when you use it ? If so, it's a very bad idea. You have to let your battery do a full cycle (100 to 0%) each time before charging it again. It's for the battery, but also for the software that estimate the available time...
    Best way today to have correct data to solve your issue is to first, let your Q10 switch off by itself and charge it until 100% without using it. Then, take a screenshot of the battery data "since the last charge". And do this 3 days in a row, to be sure the software part learn something.
    i will try that thank you.
    ezikiah likes this.
    09-11-14 08:22 AM
    i tried that and the battery is still draining fast. i'm open to other ideas.
    09-16-14 04:11 AM
    Can you post a screenshot of your Device Monitor with 'Since last charge' ticked ? And one of the CPU tab ? Thank you !
    09-16-14 04:57 AM
    q10 battery-ab.pngq10 battery-absag.pngq10 battery-abvc.png

Can you post a screenshot of your Device Monitor with 'Since last charge' ticked ? And one of the CPU tab ? Thank you !
    Battery since last charge
    CPU current
    and CPU last 12 hours
    09-16-14 05:58 AM
    Whooooo, the system part and the standby one are way to high !! There is still something fishy going on...
    So, it can be encryption, account syncing or the Android VM and some apps.
    Did you security wipe your phone clean finally ? I guess not, the best way to detect the culprit is by doing that first. Then, do not add accounts (mail, social, calendar, contacts sync, ...) or new apps for a day. You can always add some phone number manually if needed (temporarily).
    And post back the battery and CPU screenshots.
    If then, it's not alright again, you will reload the OS. But I suspect it will be ok. So, next step will be to add accounts first. Then again, screenshots of your device monitor. As it can get one to two days to settle, wait before doing a screenshot.
    And then, if all is alright, we will start with the apps !

Good luck !
    09-16-14 09:53 AM
    Whooooo, the system part and the standby one are way to high !! There is still something fishy going on...
    So, it can be encryption, account syncing or the Android VM and some apps.
    Did you security wipe your phone clean finally ? I guess not, the best way to detect the culprit is by doing that first. Then, do not add accounts (mail, social, calendar, contacts sync, ...) or new apps for a day. You can always add some phone number manually if needed (temporarily).
    And post back the battery and CPU screenshots.
    If then, it's not alright again, you will reload the OS. But I suspect it will be ok. So, next step will be to add accounts first. Then again, screenshots of your device monitor. As it can get one to two days to settle, wait before doing a screenshot.
    And then, if all is alright, we will start with the apps !

Good luck !
    I would like to reload but i cant . Blackberry link and web update tell me that "there are no device software updates available". should i downgrade via AUTOLOADER to an older version and then try to reload with blackberry link? do you think this is a good idea?
    09-16-14 10:06 AM
    Not now, start with the security wipe : Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe
    DON'T forget to save all your precious data first ! But the goal is to NOT do a restoration after the security wipe, so use Link but also your SD card to save data. Don't forget to decrypt your SD card if you had encrypted it before.

Our goal is to detect the culprit so you won't have this issue again.
    09-16-14 10:19 AM
61 123