The Q10 backdoor looks like the same mechanism as the Bold 9700 I use to have. The problem I had with the 9700 was that the backdoor gets ridiculously loose over time (under a year for me). Where as my bold 9900, I love the way the backdoor is designed, its almost been 2 years and the door is still tight.

Hopefully they thought about this designing the Q10 & the backdoor isn't a step down from the 9900

Anyone agree?
    SK122387 likes this.
    03-29-13 09:00 AM
    Uh quality of it looks superb. I don't think it's even fair comparing it to 9700 or 9900

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 10:31 AM
    I think they're gonna make Q10 a lot impressive, classy and well designed compare with the previous models they had.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    03-29-13 10:34 AM
    lets add something into the mixer here.

why do you need to take the battery door off on the Q10 (or Z10)?
    03-29-13 10:37 AM
    ^battery pulls, swapping batteries, putting in SIM card/micros sd ect...
    bendiep1991 and SK122387 like this.
    03-29-13 11:09 AM
    Actually, that's a good question for Z10 users - how often do you need to battery pull with BB10? I know with BBOS 7 I tend to do it twice a week or so when I start noticing lag with camera/app switching.
    03-29-13 01:37 PM
    Actually, that's a good question for Z10 users - how often do you need to battery pull with BB10? I know with BBOS 7 I tend to do it twice a week or so when I start noticing lag with camera/app switching.
    Never. The device can, if necessary, be rebooted right from the OS, although even that has been a rare occurance for me thus far. Never had to reboot due to performance issues, but I have rebooted twice for bugs (which seem to have been fixed after the last OS update). But the removable battery door allows you to swap batteries if you're running low on juice.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-29-13 01:42 PM
    Uh quality of it looks superb. I don't think it's even fair comparing it to 9700 or 9900

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but it's still looks like that same sliding in mechanism like the 9700. Unlike the 9900 where its a clip on mechanism. But yeah if anyone has ever had their 9700 backdoor really loose would know how much of a pain it is. The backdoor of my 9700 literally use to slip off just taking it out of my pocket, it was ridiculous
    03-29-13 08:05 PM
    lets add something into the mixer here.

why do you need to take the battery door off on the Q10 (or Z10)?
    I'll most likely be taking the back door off every time I have a night out, because I usually just swap a battery because I don't have time to recharge my phone.

From videos I've seen of the Q10 , I've seen people struggle closing the backdoor easily, so that's a good sign its a tough locking system
    03-29-13 08:06 PM
    Not once.
    03-29-13 08:09 PM
    Never. The device can, if necessary, be rebooted right from the OS, although even that has been a rare occurance for me thus far. Never had to reboot due to performance issues, but I have rebooted twice for bugs (which seem to have been fixed after the last OS update). But the removable battery door allows you to swap batteries if you're running low on juice.
    Agreed. I've had mine for less than a week but haven't noticed neither the phone getting slower, or the need for a battery pull. The only thing I've had to do was a security swipe because I messed up during side loading an app. And even that was my fault and pretty fast too. Under 10 minutes from start of wipe to starting to use the phone again.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:13 PM
    The Q10 backdoor looks like the same mechanism as the Bold 9700 I use to have. The problem I had with the 9700 was that the backdoor gets ridiculously loose over time (under a year for me). Where as my bold 9900, I love the way the backdoor is designed, its almost been 2 years and the door is still tight.

Hopefully they thought about this designing the Q10 & the backdoor isn't a step down from the 9900

Anyone agree?
    I used my 9700 for 3 1/2 years and mine back is still not loose. And I usually pulled the battery at least once a week since I only had about 5 mb free lol. So I have no complaints about the build quality of mine.
    03-29-13 08:22 PM
    If you travel frequently you might swap SIMs to avoid roaming charges, so that necessitates battery pulls.
    03-29-13 10:15 PM
    I'm with the OP 100%... of all the BlackBerrys I've owned, the 9700, white and a black 9780, and Torch 9810 ALL have a similar battery door mechanism, with those little notches on the battery door that slide into the "groove" on the back of the device.

With each device, I had to buy multiple replacement battery doors because I love BlackBerry SO much, I end up using multiple devices by swapping out my sim card. This means I have to remove the battery door once a day or sometimes more (or sometimes less). Obviously this isn't what the average consumer does, because I'm pretty sure most people use one phone, but still. I have been using a black and a white 9900 and NEITHER one has a loose battery door. The black one I've had since T-Mobile launch day in August 2011, so I am particularly impressed by it... I got my 9810 in November of 2011 and have bought TWO additional battery doors.

I'm hoping my Z10's stays firm and that the Q10 has a solid battery door as well.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    03-30-13 12:26 AM
    I'm with the OP 100%... of all the BlackBerrys I've owned, the 9700, white and a black 9780, and Torch 9810 ALL have a similar battery door mechanism, with those little notches on the battery door that slide into the "groove" on the back of the device.

With each device, I had to buy multiple replacement battery doors because I love BlackBerry SO much, I end up using multiple devices by swapping out my sim card. This means I have to remove the battery door once a day or sometimes more (or sometimes less). Obviously this isn't what the average consumer does, because I'm pretty sure most people use one phone, but still. I have been using a black and a white 9900 and NEITHER one has a loose battery door. The black one I've had since T-Mobile launch day in August 2011, so I am particularly impressed by it... I got my 9810 in November of 2011 and have bought TWO additional battery doors.

I'm hoping my Z10's stays firm and that the Q10 has a solid battery door as well.
    I feel your pain buddy! Except I cheaped out and didn't replace my backdoors. I Just held off until I got the 9900!
    03-30-13 12:51 AM
    I feel your pain buddy! Except I cheaped out and didn't replace my backdoors. I Just held off until I got the 9900!
    Don't worry, eBay is a cheap person's best friend. I think CrackBerry was charges like $19.99 for a Bold battery door (whichever Bold is the newest at the time). eBay has them for like $5, plus like $3 shipping. I'll be revisiting eBay again if it turns out that the Q10 does have those battery doors that get loose over time...
    03-30-13 02:39 AM
    Never. The device can, if necessary, be rebooted right from the OS, although even that has been a rare occurance for me thus far.
    ...its about time!
    03-30-13 11:19 AM
    if you get a nice rubber case, it won't matter.
    03-30-13 12:40 PM
    I think it can be argued that a bug is a performance issue

I agree with you, since the last update I haven't had the usual bugs that tormented me in the first release

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    03-30-13 12:43 PM
    I think it can be argued that a bug is a performance issue

I agree with you, since the last update I haven't had the usual bugs that tormented me in the first release

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, what I meant by performance issues was specifically the kind of OS-wide slowdowns that often forced battery pull's on old BlackBerry's. I haven't had such an issue on my Z10. The bugs in question were the camera app not working, and my screen going black entirely (probably a driver error of some sort, but the reboot/shutdown screen still worked oddly enough).
    03-30-13 12:52 PM
    I've had a couple of 9700s and have played with the Q10.

On the 9700s, I had one with an acceptable battery door and one that I had to pad underneath with some folded paper in order for it to hold. So I know what you mean about the mecahnism being loose.

The Q10 I played with had a much, much tighter feeling door. It needed quite a bit of pressure to slide on/off. So I don't see it as being a problem if they are all like that.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    04-01-13 05:42 PM
    battery door of the Q10 looks like it'll hold u...! hopefully it holds up like the Bold 9900. i too had issues with the 9700 battery door
    04-01-13 05:52 PM