I delved into search for quite a while, couldn't find any specific mention of how this might (or might not) work. Huge advantage of the the physical keyboard is ability to type uncommon words. Disadvantage, for those like me either lazy/sloppy with their thumbs, is that you can and often do type common spelling incorrectly.

On my Torch there would be minor corrections, and on the Z10 of course there's full blown prediction of what you meant when you flailed on the glass screen.

That said, it might be interesting to have the same prediction as the Z10 be enabled, meaning that if you hit Q instead of W it automatically revised the word - no red underline, no mess, just a full replacement. If it's the wrong word, the physical KB is much better for nailing down the correct, and it should know if you're re-typing the same section that it's a correction, not a repeated mistype.

Again, I've got no idea how much of this has been incorporated in the Q10/OS10.1, but I've seen a number of vids contrasting the KB with the Z10, claiming the accuracy of the latter makes for quicker typing.

Thoughts?
    04-24-13 09:27 PM
    It'll work just like previous physical keyboard models. underline "Incorrect" words but won't correct them.

Good for me cause I'm trilingual and typing non dictionary words is annoying on z10

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:43 PM
    There's also the inline predictive text which shows 3 suggestions on the screen. You can enable this and see it correct the spelling for you.
    04-24-13 09:47 PM
    Just give me underlined misspelled words. Even with predictive text off the dam artificial ***** still puts the wrong words on the space bar of my Z10 then I have to fuss with it to remove them.

Posted via Z10
    04-24-13 10:08 PM