I've picked up a 2014 Xterra and it has some integration between bluetooth data and head unit apps including google search. In order to get everything working you need to run a Nissan Connect app on your phone. Basically it's a method to get your email attached to a VIN. Nonetheless you need to register your VIN with the app and then you can connect to it with your phone, or, it can connect to your phone.

It's a bit finnicky, but, if I toggle the bluetooth on and off on the vehicle it registers as connected in the Android app.

I should mention that phone interaction including calls and reading texts works regardless of the app connection status.

So, bluetooth is connected, the app registers as connected on the phone. But, the headunit in the vehicle says one of two things:
    1. This vehicle isn't registered to your device
    2. The phone is providing limited data and more or less nothing can work

My guesses as to the source of the problem:
    1. The Android app is not current or not functioning properly
    2. I can't see portions of the android app that require a taller screen in the 'vehicle subscription' screen, there may be something useful there.
    3. BB10 is not sharing nicely to maintain security, running an Android app may have something to do with it. The application permissions are all set to yes.
    4. Something about the connection being a 'car' connection vs a normal bluetooth connection may be going on.

Any ideas or experience out there?
    10-02-14 01:51 AM
    Nobody?
    10-03-14 09:22 AM
    I had this app working a few months ago, but since I a'm having the same issue as you. Not sure if is was one of the updates from Nissan that broke it, but I would love to find a solution to this. It may be worth tacking down an older APK of the app and trying that.
    10-03-14 09:36 AM
    Hi, my wife got new Nissan QQ (2 months old) and she got prblem with iphone app also. Yesterday she was at Nissan because there was service call about Nissan Connect 2 device. Maybe it will help with connection issues? Try to ask dealer about update of your satnav unit. Greetings from Poland

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 02:32 PM
    Q10, Amazon app store Nissan Connect and a 2014 Xterra trouble-img_20141004_201427.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:09 PM
    Picked up a new Passport (woot!) and its streaming bluetooth worked right way. That said, I intentionally did not install the Nissan app before trying it. So, maybe 10.3.1 brings some promise for the other models.
    Grzesiek Godlewski likes this.
    10-06-14 11:15 AM
    My Q10 has been streaming my music well for months on my Altima through Bluetooth. It's just the Nissan Connect that doesn't work. I tried lots of tricks for the first couple of months without success, and just gave up. The text interaction with the car can be pretty glitchy too.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:17 PM
    Good news. The Nissan connect app is working again for me on the latest leaked os. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 04:32 PM