Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Many things good but also some anomalies : so you can't share a contact. How come? Maybe I've missed something and the industry has drop down this function...
    Any other of you has experienced the same issue?

Powered by AlexT's Q10
    02-26-15 03:02 AM
    Contacts App>Tap & Hold Contact>Share Contact.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:44 AM
    But if you have the message "The contact selected can't be shared", you probably try to share a LinkedIn contact. LinkedIn forbidden this
    BMCruiser likes this.
    02-26-15 04:17 AM
    But if you have the message "The contact selected can't be shared", you probably try to share a LinkedIn contact. LinkedIn forbidden this
    I've been facing the same issue and you just gave me an idea, so I checked and it's definitely not a Linkedeln contact that I'm trying to share.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the actual process through which a contact is saved.
    arnavrs likes this.
    02-26-15 05:59 AM
    How are you trying to share the contact?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:22 PM
    Contacts App>Tap & Hold Contact>Share Contact.

Posted via CB10
    What you missed? You can not do this!

Powered by AlexT's Q10
    02-26-15 02:11 PM
    It's not working for me either. Not sure why.
    02-26-15 02:54 PM
    I've supposed that it is this reason, and deleted the link with Linked In and the contact remained simple, and L also didn't worked! It is not a problem of this. It's another thing...

Powered by AlexT's Q10
    02-26-15 04:23 PM
    What you missed? You can not do this!

Powered by AlexT's Q10
    I meant which app are you trying to share it through.
    And you're right, it's a bug.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:04 PM
    Was not an issue in 10.3 only appeared when I updated to 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:19 PM
    How are you trying to share the contact?

Posted via CB10
    Using the Contacts app, long-press on the contact, and select "share contact" from the side menu.

Concluded that it has to do with how the contact got onto your phone in the first place. If it was restored from a BBLink backup, or sync'ed with Outlook via BBLink, then it won't share, no matter what you do (remove links, copy to local contacts). I found that you can successfully share a contact, only if you added it directly on your device, and provided that it was excluded from any subsequent sync or restore operation.

As you rightly say, a bug. I'm trying to come up with a workaround that is not too labour-intensive.

In case anyone is interested :

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    Last edited by BMCruiser; 02-27-15 at 12:52 AM.
    02-26-15 11:23 PM
    I can share all my contacts (Gmail, Skype, BBM, ... included) except the ones from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

If the contact linked data from multiple accounts (LinkedIn included for example), only the part from the device, the SIM, Gmail, Skype or BBM are included.
    02-27-15 03:38 AM
    In 10.3 and prior sharing contacts was NOT a problem for my BBLINK (outlook on computer and others). With 10.3.1 doesn't work (a few outlook contacts do work but those only with email address. I have gone back and forth with 10.3 leaks to 10.3.1 leaks - no problem whatsoever with 10.3 - but ALL 10.3.1 leaks and official - no luck

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:06 AM
    Did either of you 2 follow the link provided by BMCruiser? It is a known issue. BB is investigating. As of now they have listed 2 workarounds:

Workaround for Cause 1
    Copy the contact to another location, such as a supported email account, CardDav account, SIM, or Local Contacts.

To copy the contact to another location, complete the following:

Open the Contacts app.
    Select the desired contact.
    Tap the action menu button (3 vertical dots).
    Tap Copy to.
    Select the check box(es) for the desired location(s).
    Tap Done.

To remove the BlackBerry Link association, complete the following:

Open the Contacts app.
    Tap the Links button.
    Tap the Unlink button next to the BlackBerry Link entry.

Tap Save.

Workaround for Cause 2
    Copy and paste or manually enter the contact details into an email, text message, or other message and send to the intended recipient.
    BMCruiser likes this.
    02-27-15 08:16 AM
    Did either of you 2 follow the link provided by BMCruiser? It is a known issue. BB is investigating. As of now they have listed 2 workarounds:

Workaround for Cause 1
    Copy the contact to another location, such as a supported email account, CardDav account, SIM, or Local Contacts.

To copy the contact to another location, complete the following:

Open the Contacts app.
    Tap the action menu button (3 vertical dots).
    Tap Copy to.
    Select the check box(es) for the desired location(s).
    Tap Done.

To remove the BlackBerry Link association, complete the following:

Open the Contacts app.
    Tap the Links button.
    Tap the Unlink button next to the BlackBerry Link entry.

Tap Save.

Workaround for Cause 2
    Copy and paste or manually enter the contact details into an email, text message, or other message and send to the intended recipient.
    Just to add : I tried the workarounds and they didn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:56 AM
    Use deviceswitch.com app to backup your contacts to sd
    Then go to settings > accounts > menu > delete local contacts

Wait a few minutes then restore from the backup created with deviceswitch.com app

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    BMCruiser likes this.
    02-27-15 09:59 AM
    Use deviceswitch.com app to backup your contacts to sd
    Then go to settings > accounts > menu > delete local contacts

Wait a few minutes then restore from the backup created with deviceswitch.com app

That sounds like good advice, and a means of excluding BBLink from the mix. I'll try it. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 02:02 PM
    That sounds like good advice, and a means of excluding BBLink from the mix. I'll try it. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Np.
    Before restoring the contacts (depending on your preference) you may want to turn off the contacts app settings to "automatically merge contacts"
    Personally, I have it on and have ONLY had issues when adding multiple accounts at once (for example, adding facebook before the local contacts have populated)
    To get around that, I check device monitor and make sure system and pim could usage is low before adding the next account.

The problems I'd have would be contacts failing to link or only linking to one account, linking to the wrong contacts etc.

Imo there should be a progress bar when adding accounts or better yet, it should queue the accounts when adding and not try to sync to multiple sources at once..

BMCruiser likes this.
    02-27-15 02:36 PM
    Np.
    Before restoring the contacts (depending on your preference) you may want to turn off the contacts app settings to "automatically merge contacts"
    Personally, I have it on and have ONLY had issues when adding multiple accounts at once (for example, adding facebook before the local contacts have populated)
    To get around that, I check device monitor and make sure system and pim could usage is low before adding the next account.

The problems I'd have would be contacts failing to link or only linking to one account, linking to the wrong contacts etc.

Imo there should be a progress bar when adding accounts or better yet, it should queue the accounts when adding and not try to sync to multiple sources at once..

There is no way I would have figured all that out. Thank you for taking the trouble to provide such detailed explanation. Very much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:58 PM
    Looks like the only Outlook contacts that can be shared are with phone numbers only - anything more and can't share.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:43 PM
    Yes. After the last update. I could share some contacts but not all. I am not on any social apps except BBM. I have many of my contacts under Company Name only. And these were the ones I could not share. I fixed this by adding something to First Name. Either the contacts name or additional information. Now it works great. Better than ever.
    06-13-15 10:48 AM