Hello All,

I was just informed by my IT department that they are planning on shutting down our BES for corporate email as few people are using an older Blackberry device. (I have a 9900) The standard is now ActiveSync. My options are:

- IOS
    - Android
    - Windows Phone
    - Blackberry device that supports OS10 (ActiiveSync)

I'm looking at the Q10 as my replacement. I love the way that BES works and I'm not a fan of ActiveSync. Based on my limited experience in previous tests; I find myself forever scrolling to place messages in folders. This function is so easy now with the BES connection and such a time saver.

I'm interested in hearing about your experience with the Q10 and corporate email via ActiveSync. I'm hoping to learn some things that I may not be aware of at this time.

One more thought: Now that BES is going bye bye I take it that I can drop the BES option on my data plan?

Thanks in advance!

WCTC
    10-08-14 04:44 PM
    I have activesync through work on my q10/z10 - my only issue since there aren't many blackberry users in the hospital they had to provision my imei numbers in the directory to allow me to have access to the mail system. Other than that I haven't had any issues and can drop into whatever folder I want.
    10-08-14 05:04 PM
    Hi Blueyestm,

Thanks for the response. Thanks for the response.

Anyone else have any feedback?
    10-09-14 12:46 PM
    You gonna love it. After the 9900 take the Q10, not the Passport, 'Classic'('classic' because its not really a classic)or somerhing else. The Q10 is the real king and succesor of the 9900. (size, built quality, removable battery etc.)

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:34 PM
    ActiveSync works great on my Q10 with my company

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:43 PM
    I was a former 9900 user, with BIS (not BES) access to our company Exchange email - not exactly where you are coming from but I've had no problems adjusting to the Q10 and ActiveSync access to Exchange email (and other personal accounts). It works very well, and it is the way that pretty much every other non BlackBerry user accesses email on a smartphone (android, IOS etc).
    You will not need a BES/BIS data plan on the Q10, and that is perhaps the one downside; you will need a suitably robust data plan to allow sync'ing of your email etc. But if your company is paying that's probably nothing to worry about

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:33 AM
    Exchange Active Sync works fine with Q10. The positives of the device, the OS, etc., far outweigh minor disadvantages. For me the advantages of the old BBOS were far outweighed by the crappy browser and other annoyances. All of that was fixed by BlackBerry 10.0.0 and is getting better with each edition (though I wish they were pushed out faster).

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:17 AM
    Hello All,

I was just informed by my IT department that they are planning on shutting down our BES for corporate email as few people are using an older Blackberry device. (I have a 9900) The standard is now ActiveSync. My options are:

- IOS
    - Android
    - Windows Phone
    - Blackberry device that supports OS10 (ActiiveSync)

I'm looking at the Q10 as my replacement. I love the way that BES works and I'm not a fan of ActiveSync. Based on my limited experience in previous tests; I find myself forever scrolling to place messages in folders. This function is so easy now with the BES connection and such a time saver.

I'm interested in hearing about your experience with the Q10 and corporate email via ActiveSync. I'm hoping to learn some things that I may not be aware of at this time.

One more thought: Now that BES is going bye bye I take it that I can drop the BES option on my data plan?

Thanks in advance!

WCTC
    Dude, wait for the Classic. Buy a Q5 to tide you over. Which network are you with?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:26 AM
    ^^^^ exactly.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:03 PM
    Can anyone confirm with Exchange Server 2010/2013 Active Sync still deletes all handheld data?!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-10-14 05:23 PM
    All -

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about the classic as well but upon further review I'm still leaning toward the Q10.

1) The classic appears to be longer; slightly different shape that the 9900 or Q10. Maybe I'm off but the Q10 seems more of the traditional size.

2) I'm able to get the Q10 brand new for about 200 dollars. When the classic is released I'm guessing that the cost will likely be double that. I'm on the hook for the cost of the device. (No subsidy)

I'm with T-Mobole on an unlimited plan so the amount of data I use is not a concern with me.

Regards,

WCTC
    10-10-14 06:04 PM
    All -

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about the classic as well but upon further review I'm still leaning toward the Q10.

1) The classic appears to be longer; slightly different shape that the 9900 or Q10. Maybe I'm off but the Q10 seems more of the traditional size.

2) I'm able to get the Q10 brand new for about 200 dollars. When the classic is released I'm guessing that the cost will likely be double that. I'm on the hook for the cost of the device. (No subsidy)

I'm with T-Mobole on an unlimited plan so the amount of data I use is not a concern with me.

Regards,

WCTC
    The Q10 has some issues. Namely the keyboard and the double-typing hardware defect. There are a few more naggles, but they've been fixed in the upcoming Classic.

Now, I don't want to turn you away from BlackBerry. The Q10 is the best phone I've ever owned (and I migrated from an iPhone 5). But you will be much happier with a Classic. Even with the extra cost, imo. I'd wait to see what it retails for. Even further, I'd say I'm enjoying my new Q5 more than my Q10, but it's obviously a lesser phone and not much cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:54 PM
    Deadcowboy - Very valid points. I still have some time so maybe I can wait to see the classic.

Anyone now of the official release date? As I'm with T-Mobile, this means i will likely have to purchase directly from Blackberry and will most likely not have wifi calling.
    10-10-14 07:23 PM
    Deadcowboy - Very valid points. I still have some time so maybe I can wait to see the classic.

Anyone now of the official release date? As I'm with T-Mobile, this means i will likely have to purchase directly from Blackberry and will most likely not have wifi calling.
    Wifi calling could very well be a key feature for you. After the Passport's success, I'm hoping all of the carriers pick up the Classic.

Oh, and you're right about the Q10's size and shape (and grip). I prefer the organic feel.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:29 PM
    All -

Regards,

WCTC
    The size of the Q10 is quite perfect and I am just a little bummed they increased it for the Classic. That said, I will likely go to the Classic (outright, not on contract) because for me, the addition of the dedicated buttons and the trackpad are an improvement. You will obviously be happy with either one and if cost is an issue, the lower price tag is quite a benefit. If not a huge factor, I gotta say you will be getting all of the benefits of the new OS with the awesome buttons!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 08:49 AM
    All,

Thanks for the replies. I pulled the trigger and purchased the Q10. I don't have the time to wait for the BB Classic. I have been reading the docs, reviewing demos so that I will be ready for the the phone arrives.

Perhaps the Classic will be in my future so I won't rule it out.

carrollmikej - This size of the the Classic is off for me as well.

Regards,

WCTC
    10-14-14 07:11 AM
    I just intended to ask you to wait for Classic, buddy, but just saw your last message.
    So good luck with your choice.
    I am a Q10 user and agree that - Q10 is the best phone I ever used !
    However, I am looking forward to new phone like Classic so I may lean toward on Classic
    10-14-14 08:09 AM
    All -

I have been using my new Q10 for the past 2 days. I switched from a Bold 9900. So far I'm impressed. The OS10 transition is going much better than expected. Prior to me using the Q10, I did my research to learn how to use the gestures so that I would not struggle. Had I known it would be this easy I would have done this a year ago. One site that very helpful (besides crackberry) is demos.blackberry.com/Q10 (This site should be mandatory for all new OS10 users )

Regards,

WCTC
    10-18-14 08:57 AM
    The demos videos are quite good. Glad the phone works so well for you. I'm one of those that loves the OS but can't wait for the dedicated buttons and track pad. The gestures do work very well and I am glad to have them, I just believe I can be more efficient with the phone buttons and the track pad.

BTW I am tempted by the Passport. The specs rock and the reviews have been all positive. Since I am a vzw user I can't do anything but admire it.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:49 PM