Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am despirately seeking for some answers. I am using nitrodesk touchdown app to receive my company e mails and this all worked fine when I bought my device on OS 10.2.0. It was a pleasure to use. After I upgraded to 10.2.1 It isn t working anymore??? When it tries to communicate with server it gives errors??
    I cannot receive any e mail from work and this is the main reason why I bought the Q10 with physicall keyboard.
    Does anyone have any idea because the company will not change any settings on the server side and I have no acces?
    To me it's very disapointing that this is not working on my brand new phone now.
    I tried getting contact with BB via e-mail but I dont find any contact e-mail so no luck there?

Anyone else experiencing problems with active sync SSL errors.

Many thanks, I hope some expert on this forum can help me

cheers
    02-03-14 03:40 PM
    Well... that sucks!

You are trying to use an unsupported app and it does not work.
    You will probably get zero support from Air Watch and I'm 100% sure BlackBerry will not support a 3. part product.

I have no experience with the app, so I have no personal experience to share on this matter.
    02-03-14 05:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded touchdown from blackberry world and I have send mails to nitrodesk before buying q10. It has worked perfekt on 10.2.0
    I went to a shop, did config on 10.2.0 as a test and everything perfect so I bought the phone.

Now i did the upgrade to 10.2.1 and I get an error when trying to connect so it was definetely working fine before so I assume it came from after the update?

Hope to get it fixed or I will try downgrade to 10.2.0.

It should be possible or otherwise this phone is useless to me.

Thanks again for reply

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 05:48 PM
    I have to disagree with "It should be possible.." (and I do agree with the "it is useless to me").

Even though you have made the app run on BB10, it is not supported by the vendor (AirWatch). Basically you are experimenting.
    BB10 is *NOT* listed as an Android device, although it does run a lot of Android applications.
    The intent of having the Java Runtime embedded, was to make an easy conversion of Android apps to BlackBerry 10. If you read in the Android section of BlackBerry Developer site, you will see a lot of things to change, API's not supported etc. BlackBerry's message to developers were: Take your Android app, make sure you don't use unsupported parts of Android or change the application, pack it and upload it to BlackBerry World. Only by installing from BBW you have a supported product.

I would however expect the app to run on 10.2.1 because it mainly is related to running native code as well as some Android Maps hacking. Have you tried to install the app on a clean BB 10 device running 10.2.1?
    02-03-14 06:29 PM
    Even though you have made the app run on BB10, it is not supported by the vendor (AirWatch). Basically you are experimenting.

Apparently you never read what he wrote. Let me help you:

I downloaded touchdown from blackberry world and I have send mails to nitrodesk before buying q10.
    02-03-14 11:02 PM
    I had no idea that it was there ... and it is COMPLETELY misleading because BB10 doesn't require NitroDesks' add-in/on functionality (it's something strictly required by many, if not most Android OS devices for EAS and proper full synch'ing support, some don't require it).

Now I'm curious .... if you where able to find the TouchDown application here, why did you not attempt to

Email Application Support (from their main page via the AppWorld application), or,
    View Support Website (which for some reason is down for me, both on OSX and BB10) ~ maybe you had and it was down as well.

What I DO find hilarious ... is ...

a)
    Comprehensive : Support for most number of data types (Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks) and Notes and SMS syncing for Exchange 2010 servers
    ~ again not required in BB10.

and

b) Supported Countries: Afghanistan to AntArctica ... I'm curious OP, what country are you from?
    02-04-14 01:41 AM
    No I didn t install on plane BlackBerry 10.2.1 but I can try to make factory reset and then try to reload app.

I found the touchdown app in blackberry world so I am wondering why it stopped working?

Do you think a factory reset and new install will help to fix issue?

Greetz

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 02:58 PM
    Hello,

Here I am after a while. To continue on this matter, I never suceeded in running touchdown app but I just configured in account settings using excchange account and it worked fine, till now?? Suddenly the account stopped working and I cannot get the account configured again?? I don t understand because it was working fine and I didn t change anything on my phone. I called the service desk and the server has not reveived any changes?? Start from scratch I would say. Why is it so dificult with Blackberry to connect to microsoft ecxchange server? On my S 3 it works fine!! Shame blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:33 AM
    Hello,

Here I am after a while. To continue on this matter, I never suceeded in running touchdown app but I just configured in account settings using excchange account and it worked fine, till now?? Suddenly the account stopped working and I cannot get the account configured again?? I don t understand because it was working fine and I didn t change anything on my phone. I called the service desk and the server has not reveived any changes?? Start from scratch I would say. Why is it so dificult with Blackberry to connect to microsoft ecxchange server? On my S 3 it works fine!! Shame blackberry!

There is a known issue with certain OS builds that presents a prompt for users on a BES or Exchange system, and if the prompt isn't answered "promptly" , it causes the account to get locked-out.

That issue is fixed with recent OS builds. You may have one of the broken ones.
    04-25-14 06:17 PM