hi guys, i recently bought my q10 so i took out my sim card from my z10 and inserted it into the q10, am able to make calls etc etci'm currently seeing the 4G signal but no blackberry sign next to it, from what i was told i need to edit my apn because the one thats there is not the correct one for my data to be active but the area to edit my apn is greyed out, i had this same problem with my z10 and when i changed the os the apn area that was greyed out was then able to edit, i tried to different os on the q10 and same problem, anybody knows what i could do to get to edit the apn?
    05-15-13 01:32 PM
    Most problems regarding the editing of APN settings rest with the Carrier/Sim card in use...some carriers have made the setting unable to be edited and the settings should be pulled from the sim itself.

If you can get a sim card (maybe from another carrier) whereby you are able to edit the settings you can just pop it in, edit the settings and save it to what you need then swap back your original sim...

Or you can try calling your provider and they should be able to help you out (updating the sim or even giving you a new sim card)
    05-15-13 01:44 PM
    Most problems regarding the editing of APN settings rest with the Carrier/Sim card in use...some carriers have made the setting unable to be edited and the settings should be pulled from the sim itself.

If you can get a sim card (maybe from another carrier) whereby you are able to edit the settings you can just pop it in, edit the settings and save it to what you need then swap back your original sim...

Or you can try calling your provider and they should be able to help you out (updating the sim or even giving you a new sim card)
    this is true however when i had the z10 i had the same problem but when i changed the OS i was able to edit the apn
    05-15-13 01:46 PM
    this is true however when i had the z10 i had the same problem but when i changed the OS i was able to edit the apn
    I did read some user reporting that with some OS versions they were able to edit it. Hope you get the APN settings for the Q
    05-15-13 02:07 PM
    by chance do u know where i could find some OS for the q10 whether they are old or new?
    05-15-13 02:08 PM
    This thread may be of interest to you! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...00-1-a-802969/
    05-15-13 07:31 PM
    thanks man
    05-16-13 04:46 AM