I replaced my Q10 with a Moto G4 Play as my primary carry a couple months ago.

But, still switch it out when I need the reliability of a BlackBerry.

I will consider the KeyOne when the unlocked US version comes out.
    05-03-17 04:39 PM
    Rocking with both Q10 and Passport

Posted with the  P a s s p o r t | b l a c k e d i t i o n
    05-03-17 09:11 PM
    Whatsapp can't possibly be the only way to communicate long distance. When I was over seas I was able to communicate with friends and family without to much trouble without whatsapp
    Please advise how you did this without incurring expenses. Avoiding expenses is what makes WhatsApp invaluable for overseas socializing/communicating.

. . . . Pete
    05-04-17 08:19 AM
    Having used a Galaxy S7 for 4 months, I'm back to my beloved Q10.

Really, OS 10 is above everything else. I can't understand why Android has become so popular. When you try OS 10 you just cannot go back to Android or iOS

 OS 10, always
    ume_kun likes this.
    05-04-17 05:37 PM
    Please advise how you did this without incurring expenses. Avoiding expenses is what makes WhatsApp invaluable for overseas socializing/communicating.

. . . . Pete
    Morse code
    Carrier pigeon
    Telepathy

Did I miss out on anything?
    05-04-17 06:04 PM
    I can't understand why Android has become so popular.
    For most people, it isn't about just the OS anymore; it's about what the OS connects/interfaces with... that extended ecosystems.
    05-04-17 06:05 PM
    Anyone else using a 2013 BlackBerry device these days?
    Me.
    05-04-17 07:49 PM
    Morse code
    Carrier pigeon
    Telepathy

Did I miss out on anything?
    If close to a border, smoke signals.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 09:02 PM
    I am still using my Q10 from three years ago. I do like it, but it is showing its age.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 07:16 PM

. . . . Pete
    Please advise how you use WhatsApp without incurring expenses.
    WhatsApp uses data. Most roaming data plans are really expensive. If you are on WiFi that is free, yes, then you can avoid expenses. But if you have WiFi, then you have SO MANY options for communication.
    Email for starters, which is an OPEN standard that everyone can use...

It really gets me riled up when people use this excuse for using WhatsApp. It is not giving you free communication! Apart from sucking up your personal data, it needs a data connection! It needs the Internet. You telling me with Internet available to you that you can't think of any other way to communicate??
    05-05-17 07:24 PM
    Please advise how you use WhatsApp without incurring expenses.
    WhatsApp uses data. Most roaming data plans are really expensive. If you are on WiFi that is free, yes, then you can avoid expenses. But if you have WiFi, then you have SO MANY options for communication.

It really gets me riled up when people use this excuse for using WhatsApp. It is not giving you free communication! Apart from sucking up your personal data, it needs a data connection! It needs the Internet. You telling me with Internet available to you that you can't think of any other way to communicate??
    But whatsapp is free and simple to use. I mean if email is so great, why did BlackBerry create BlackBerry Messenger (BBM)?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 07:27 PM

. . . . Pete
    Sorry for the late reply, I never stated that I avoided expenses, all I said that I was able to communicate without using whatsapp. However I would point out that just bc the whatsapp is free to use doesn't mean that it won't occur expenses. Unless your using public WiFi your pay for the data to be used with it, pay your isp for your WiFi that you set up...

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    05-05-17 07:47 PM
    Thanks for the replies! And, yes, we use wifi so that WhatsApp is totally free.

Again, please advise as to what other FREE options might be available for overseas communication/socializing.

. . . . Pete
    05-05-17 07:51 PM
    But whatsapp is free and simple to use. I mean if email is so great, why did BlackBerry create BlackBerry Messenger (BBM)?

Posted via CB10
    Just like with a lot of things, whatsapp is just another medium for something, in this case messaging. It has its pros and cons but is by no means essential or the only option in communication or messaging. I personally feel that BBM is easy to use but I don't rely heavily on it for my communication needs.

05-05-17 08:00 PM
    Thanks for the replies! And, yes, we use wifi so that WhatsApp is totally free.

Again, please advise as to what other FREE options might be available for overseas communication/socializing.

. . . . Pete
    Well if your using WiFi :
    Viber
    Tango
    Skype (free video calling with other skype users)
    I don't think those are available for the Q10 though. Or BlackBerry in general.

05-05-17 08:09 PM
    C'mon, this whole thread about options for the Q10, right?

. . . . . Pete
    05-05-17 08:21 PM
    Honestly I think that if you want to use a bb10 device... actually any BlackBerry phone and you want to use a messaging app like whatsapp, the best available one is BBM!!! It's fast and easy ;D and it works on WiFi for bb10 devices like Q10! Make your loved ones download it, what one more app right?!

05-05-17 08:26 PM
    Exactly. In fact, there's an Android app called QuickMSG that uses email as the basis for messaging. A brilliant use of existing secure technology. http://quickmsg.vreeken.net/

A second alternative: Delta Chat ( https://delta.chat/en)
    05-05-17 11:33 PM
    @petercreasey I Just tried wechat, not bad and it's available I'm BlackBerry world!

05-06-17 12:31 AM
    Some of the options mentioned here that work on Q10 can't work with folks who don't use BlackBerry devices, right?

. . . . Pete
    05-06-17 08:54 AM
    Some of the options mentioned here that work on Q10 can't work with folks who don't use BlackBerry devices, right?

A lot (most?) communication/socializing with WhatsApp is with folks who don't have BlackBerry devices (or can't be expected to jump through hoops to try to make things work on their device).

. . . . Pete
    Last edited by petercreasey; 05-06-17 at 02:31 PM.
    05-06-17 08:54 AM

. . . . Pete
    I have an android phone and installed both BBM and wechat there as well. Not sure about ios but I can check later today. I'll let you know : ) BBM is available for iOS as well

05-06-17 01:09 PM
    why did BlackBerry create BlackBerry Messenger (BBM)?
    BBM was created in the days when I only had xxx amount (200?) of text messages / month.

That's when BlackBerry exploded, all of my friends had a BB. You could text 1,000's of texts / month and it wouldn't go against your monthly total.

It fell apart when texting is now unlimited, and apple copied the format and put an "i" before it and that was the next best thing.

I would agree BBM is still a good platform.
    05-06-17 03:16 PM

A lot (most?) communication/socializing with WhatsApp is with folks who don't have BlackBerry devices (or can't be expected to jump through hoops to try to make things work on their device).

. . . . Pete
    I installed wechat on all my devices and they work great! BBM and wechat might be your best alternatives to whatsapp

05-07-17 11:40 AM
    Just switched over from my Q5 daily driver to my Q10 for everyday use from now on. And just for good measure I bought a back-up Q10!

Posted via CB10
    Praganad likes this.
    05-07-17 05:03 PM
211 1234 ...