i have a question. My Q10 is on version 10.2-something. when using Hub, if I want to delete an email, I have to hit the delete icon, then hit ok, then wait a second for "undo" to clear. This is Slow! On my passport, I just flick left and the email is junked after a brief "undo" option. Flicking is faster and more convenient. Why doesn't my Q10 do that? Is it the version of OS, which I think, and if so, what OS version should I get?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900!
    09-29-17 02:13 PM
    Never mind. I updated the OS and the hub works better now.

I found a superb ereader that doesn't heat up the q10. It's called pocketbook and runs on ice cream sandwich but has loads of options. Check it out if you're into e-books.

I might try to reinstall kindle. Last time, on my older OS, the q10 heated up a lot with kindle.
    Last edited by Nguyen1; 10-04-17 at 04:13 PM.
    10-04-17 03:34 PM
    Ya its worth it! I have a backup device! So by the time the current one fails so will the entire OS! So ya its kinda worth it a little!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-05-17 07:06 PM
    It's the little big/big little phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 08:18 PM
    Still using Q10. Loving it, size doesn't matter.. Got PRIV recently, but I haven't considered abandoning Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 11:51 AM
    Still using my Q10 as a daily driver, but saving for a KeyOne. Still a reliable phone, that can do a lot but it's certainly showing its age. The browser is painfully slow, and considering Paypal, my bank app, FB, dropbox integration, and countless apps have gone dead, it's not really the productivity tool it once was. The lack of support for Google drive is also frustrating and I find myself having to do so many work arounds to access the same files and services my friends and coworkers can access in seconds, I'm really looking forward to the KeyOne. Love the Q10 and it IS an excellent phone, but I can get my qwerty keyboard on the KeyOne, and not deal with the graveyard of an os that BB10 is. I suppose if you just use your phone for text, phonecalls, email, a sports app and the weather it would do, but I need a bit more from a phone in 2017. A 4 year old piece of tech might as well be a 20 year old piece of tech.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 01:57 PM
    I have a Q5 and Q 10
    10-12-17 09:24 AM
    interesting reading through this thread, I'm considering getting a Q10 due to only being £110 new in the UK on Amazon.
    10-12-17 02:45 PM
    It's still a good Phone if you need to work with and not to waste time doing nothing on the social or games.
    Perfect signal, low range battery (replaceable), reliable. Some issues on sync calendar from Apple (impossible to sync).

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 05:42 PM
    I mainly just call and text nowadays. I do use a handful of apps but nothing I can't love without. In theroy I can use these browser for most things.

Shame that I need to take the plunge and get one and o can't try one in a store. I haven't used a BB since my 9900 or 9320. My son had a Z3 (I think) but never really had a go on it due to ordering a keyboard.
    10-12-17 05:56 PM
    Q10 is a great 4g phone that will handle calls, emails, messages, and some browsing until it breaks years from now. If you don't need apps, BB10 is a wonderful OS, and Q10 is one of the best BB10 phones for removable battery, long battery life, amoled screen, that BB hub, small size for superb pocketability and holding, the legendary BB keyboard, solid and classy construction, excellent nonbloatware built-in utility apps, etc.

Don't be a techie sheep. Don't get an android or iphone just because it has the latest specs. Numbers never tell the whole story. You will NEVER get better call quality or a typing experience than on a Blackberry.

It all comes down to what you want to use your phone for.

mushroom_daddy likes this.
    10-12-17 06:04 PM
    calling and texting is my main use. ideally being able to log into my online banking. I only shop via Amazon which again can be done via the web browser. if Amazon music works via the web browser than I'm in! this is the only thing holding me back at the moment.
    10-12-17 06:28 PM
    everything else can be done via my work laptop or when I'm at home.

we have chromecasts and an echo dot but I can link that all up with my wife's phone. I also have years of photos on Google photos however I can keep that going via my chromebook.

Ultimately I'm fed up of being constantly connected and the whole social media scene. I was tempted with the new 3g Nokia 3310 however love the QWERTY keyboard and loved my BB when I had it. I got sucked into Apple and Android several years ago and been stuck there ever since, the amount of money I have spent over the years is obscene 😱.
    10-12-17 06:32 PM
    A Q10 is only good if you can truly live without a smartphone except for the "emails , calls and texting" . If you don't already have and use a BB10 device, you don't really understand it's limitations.

Think a feature phone with a PKB. If you set your expectations at that level, you'll enjoy the phone. The ability to use an outdated browser for a few things is only a possibility not a guarantee.

Be fair to people that don't already have a BB10 device. BlackBerry hasn't really done anything meaningful to OS for 18-24 months.
    10-12-17 06:44 PM
    A Q10 is only good if you can truly live without a smartphone except for the "emails , calls and texting" . If you don't already have and use a BB10 device, you don't really understand it's limitations.

Think a feature phone with a PKB. If you set your expectations at that level, you'll enjoy the phone. The ability to use an outdated browser for a few things is only a possibility not a guarantee.

Be fair to people that don't already have a BB10 device. BlackBerry hasn't really done anything meaningful to OS for 18-24 months.
    It's not on the order of smartphones in 2017, but the Q10 is certainly more than a feature phone. But ANYWAYS!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 07:31 PM
    I used Q10 and iPhone 6 as may daily driver (work / entertainment) combo. In any day I would appreciate/prefer to use the Q10 due to simple to use and PKB for text, emails and due to Q10 limitation, I find my life less cluttered and more focus on important matters.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 01:35 AM
    It's not on the order of smartphones in 2017, but the Q10 is certainly more than a feature phone. But ANYWAYS!

Posted via CB10
    I agree when you and I have owned BB10 devices. Just imagine someone that hasn't experienced it. Just seems mean as they're realizing all different things never realized they do on their phone. LOL, I loaned my wife a Z3 for a day when she was done with her burner Android phone that died. I bought her the burner Android until she could decide what flagship Android she wants to replace her Nokia Lumia 1520. She got so frustrated with BB10 ecosystem and browser that she almost threw Z3 out the window as we're driving. She gave me back the Z3 as I only used it on WiFi and she resuscitated her Allura. That was six months ago. She's never asked me again to help with her phone again. She's afraid I'll offer her the Z3 again. LOL.....
    10-13-17 01:37 AM
    Does the Q10 owners have a group?? It would be perfect if there is one!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 10:33 AM
    Pls I cannnot send images and videos on wassap plz anyone with solutions plz I need assistance, I use bb Q10
    10-13-17 10:48 AM
    I do not think amazon music works. it might if you go through the website. i know for sure amazon video does not work any way. Nor does alexa app. Kindle will work but you have to seek the apk elsewhere, not in BBW or amazon site. I use kindle, it's great.

You could always download the mp3s from your amazon music and listen that way offline. That works.

smiffey likes this.
    10-13-17 01:59 PM
    Do we want to make a Q10 group?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 04:32 PM
    Do we want to make a Q10 group?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, add me, 2BB88792
    It is better to have existing Q10 users join hands on issues...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 10:35 PM
    What you describe is me... I used BB exclusively for years and then defected to Apple but I still kept my Bold. About a month ago I got a fantastic deal on a new Q10 and use it for limited phone calls and texts. It is my ultra private number and serves mostly as a backup phone so it works perfectly for my needs (light phone and texting) and is a huge upgrade from my very old 9700. I love it and am now considering the keyone.
    10-16-17 06:33 PM
    Have used Q10's exclusively since 2013. Replaced kb on a ATT refurb. Not fun. Other unit is a unlocked SQN100-5. Treasure both. Size, pkb and BB quality are valued. Would like to see a Keyone though.
    10-21-17 04:50 PM
    I cannot stress how important a removable battery is to me. Appreciate the new Google Pixel is apparently ultra quick at charging but it remains much more convenient to have a spare battery charging while you use your phone.

Think convincing users that built in battery was a step forward is the biggest con the industry ever pulled.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    10-25-17 02:18 PM
211 ... 56789