Hello,

has anyone experience with different charger/cables?

I tried my old HTC charger which has same spec as Q10 charger, Samsung 5V/1A and iPod 5V/2A and none of them works.
    I also tried combination of long (1,5m,2m and 2,5m) cables with all these and original Q10 charger - nothing.

Only combination which works for me is Q10 original charger + cable.

All these cables and chargers works fine I use them to power up my Raspberry Pi and other gadgets.

So the only question that occurs to me is this charger somehow special?
    06-27-13 01:41 PM
    Hello,

has anyone experience with different charger/cables?

I tried my old HTC charger which has same spec as Q10 charger, Samsung 5V/1A and iPod 5V/2A and none of them works.
    I also tried combination of long (1,5m,2m and 2,5m) cables with all these and original Q10 charger - nothing.

Only combination which works for me is Q10 original charger + cable.

All these cables and chargers works fine I use them to power up my Raspberry Pi and other gadgets.

So the only question that occurs to me is this charger somehow special?
    Welcome to the forums,

So no other cables/chargers work to charge your Q10 but stock? That's random, because I have used other USB cables before, but they have been plugged into my PC or the Original block. Does your charging port feel loose by chance?
    06-27-13 01:45 PM
    Hi Welcome to CB!

Other cables should work (i think i came across a couple post about users stating the cables they used etc that weren't BBRY OEM). Personally I think you should stick with the stock charger as the baseline and if you need something faster (rapid charger) PB charger would suffice.

I say use the stock charger as a baseline as its 750mA, which is a higher rating than previous legacy OS chargers, it would take alot longer to charge and may not charge if in use while on the charger.
    06-27-13 01:49 PM
    Thanks for fast reply!

Nope, only combination of stock charger + stock cable works.

I tried all possible combinations like stock charger + 2m cable, Samsung charger + stock cable, Samsung charger + 1,5 m cable, ...

I found that "problem" is in charger because I can connect phone to PC via all these cables without any problems.

Does your charging port feel loose by chance?
    No, I cables feel same.

EDIT:
    Found another HTC Desire Z charger 5V/750mA - nothing.
    06-27-13 01:51 PM
    I remember the issue on the Z with inserting the charger in one continuous motion (otherwise it would not charge, even with the stock charger)

KB33636-BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not charge when plugged into a wall charger
    06-27-13 01:53 PM
    Are you getting a message to use the BB charger or getting nothing at all? This is odd because there have been multiple discussions where folks have used other chargers.
    06-27-13 01:54 PM
    Are you getting a message to use the BB charger or getting nothing at all? This is odd because there have been multiple discussions where folks have used other chargers.
    Nothing at all.
    06-27-13 01:56 PM
    That is really weird, you are the first I have seen of this. Couple threads below of people using many different charges with varied results, but none with your result.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...up-q10-822442/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...attery-822405/
    06-27-13 02:05 PM
    I`m just going through this topics.

If this should be helpful:
    Q10 SQN100-3
    charger: EU (czech republic)
    06-27-13 02:10 PM