Just got a new Q 10 there is a clock icon appearing with some of my contacts, does anyone know what is it??
    Secondly I transferred my contacts from my old Bold 9900 to Q 10 but some of them are missing in 9900 the count was 1000 in Q 10 it is 997 why so??
    In OS 7 devices we could lock the screen by long pressing A is there any shortcut like this for Q 10?
    Has anyone noticed the LED on white q 10 it looks kind of cheap as it is behind the glass and it spread around a bit unlike the led on 9900 which was clear.
    Last edited by cooljatt18; 12-18-13 at 01:59 PM.
    12-18-13 01:34 PM
    Clock icon? Got a screen cap?

As for locking, you can long press your power button and then lock it or set you lock time short and use just the power button to 'kill' the display and it will lock shortly after within a minute.
    12-18-13 03:30 PM
    Lock screen press top button just like 9900. Takes a bit to get used to it.

I wonder if maybe the q linked some contacts you together if you had duplicate like a fb and ph contact with same name.

Leaked 10.2.1. Couldn't resist
    12-18-13 03:35 PM
    screen shot posted
    I was talking about other shortcut ways of locking the device like in 9900 long press of A key locks the phone just as the top button would do, though doesn't unlock it.
    Is there any way I can find out which contacts have gone missing besides scrolling through each one ??
    Any coments on the LED light, looks really down market to me.
    Q 10 Queries  (Clock icon in contacts + more)-img_00000008.png
    12-18-13 03:57 PM
    I never used keyboard shortcuts but from reading pretty sure they are mostly missing. There is some that work in certain apps like t for top be for bottom they are listed in the side menu normally. No idea here about the clock symbol have not noticed that one before. Seems to me contacts is a work in progress confusing and not great at linking

Leaked 10.2.1. Couldn't resist
    12-18-13 04:12 PM
    I have figured why the clock is showing in contacts, all the contacts that I stored like this Charlie (O) where O is for office have become clock face, don't know why, ?? and any contact ending like this Jason TAB the last character ie B has changed to a smiley face with sun glasses, any way to correct these issues
    12-19-13 04:18 AM
    Guys come on help me on this...
    12-20-13 07:13 AM
    Parentheses turn letters into emoticons. That is what is happening.

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.1.1055. I enjoy watching people go to more trouble than I'm worth.
    12-20-13 08:01 AM
    I'm not saying this to be rude or criticizing or condescending, but if you wait patiently, someone will come along with the right answer eventually. Saying come on guys help me is not going to make the right answer come any faster, and in fact some people may feel less inclined to help you if you seem impatient.

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.1.1055. I enjoy watching people go to more trouble than I'm worth.
    12-20-13 08:03 AM
    Well thanks for your suggestion, but with time older posts start to go back and most readers don't browse all the pages. And I wanted help thats all.
    12-20-13 11:55 AM
    Your thread is not going to go to the bottom of the pile in a day or two. This forum also has a feature called unread posts, which shows every member threads they haven't read yet. So being impatient is not only not going to make things any faster, it's also redundant.

12-21-13 12:13 AM
    Clock icon? Got a screen cap?

As for locking, you can long press your power button and then lock it or set you lock time short and use just the power button to 'kill' the display and it will lock shortly after within a minute.
    Lol, it'll lock shortly AFTER WITHIN a minute. That makes no sense lol. But I know what you mean
    How abut king press the power key and click the lock pad icon for immediate locking. This action is something completely STUPID coming form a company that touts security and the eliminated immediate locking back in BBOS6!!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 01:17 AM
    Concerning on the keyboard shortcuts:
    On the 9900 you could also call your contacts through home screen by long pressing each keyboard.
    Also you could change profile by long pressing letter Q.
    Lock your phone pushing letter A.

All these features are coming, don't worry! On the next update you can do all those shortcuts-ish things.

You can search the forum, and look for the next update features!

PS: Of course you can lock, and unlock your Q10 just by pushing the lock button. It unlocks and locks your device. Just go to 'Settings' and chose you want the lock button to unlock the device.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 04:52 AM
    You can assign speed dial shortcuts in 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 05:30 AM