WIth my 9900 I would get emails on my device within seconds of them being sent. Same for Facebook notifications. With the Q10 I am waiting for at least 5 min before the emails are sent to the device. I am using a Rogers account with Yahoo if that helps.

Any suggestions...

BTW... very much liking my Q10!!

J
    05-06-13 03:03 PM
    Well, as discussed before, we've lost BIS...
    05-06-13 03:14 PM
    WIth my 9900 I would get emails on my device within seconds of them being sent. Same for Facebook notifications. With the Q10 I am waiting for at least 5 min before the emails are sent to the device. I am using a Rogers account with Yahoo if that helps.

Any suggestions...

BTW... very much liking my Q10!!

J
    The one POP account doesn't have any setting, but the one IMAP accounts I have does have a push option in setting as well as a frequency for syncing.

BBRY really should have created a new BES service like Microsoft did with Exchange Online. I bet many here would be happy with $4 a month to get BIS service again.
    05-06-13 03:19 PM
    OK... I wasn't aware that BIS did that. I guess I will have to wait all of 5 min for my emails now. Does that go the same for Facebook?
    05-06-13 03:26 PM
    Bis has nothing to do with the lack of push. The Z10 definitely supports push through either IMAP or exchange active sync accounts. POP account are never push enabled for any device, email client. Ensure tour Yahoo account is not POP based.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:13 PM
    Bis has nothing to do with the lack of push. The Z10 definitely supports push through either IMAP or exchange active sync accounts. POP account are never push enabled for any device, email client. Ensure tour Yahoo account is not POP based.

Posted via CB10
    Um, yah, sorry, I think you don't really understand how this works. BIS pushed email accounts that normally didn't support push, including POP. Right now on my Bold 9900, my Yahoo! mail is pushed to my phone instantly, and that's because of BIS... Yahoo is POP BTW... It's not pushed on BB10 because they stopped using BIS...
    05-06-13 11:52 PM
    There were two ways to get "push" with a POP account with a legacy BlackBerry, the first was to configure your BIS service with your POP account user name and password. This is really a fake push, since RIM's servers would constantly poll your provider's server, and then forward the mail to your device. The second, or true push way was to set up a server side forwarding rule on your POP account that sent all (or some, based on a filter) mail to your username@provider.blackberry.net address.

Both of these options are not available on BB10 devices because they do not support BIS. An account that supports ActiveSync or, somewhat less reliably, IMAP idle, is the only way to get push mail to a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    05-07-13 12:21 AM
    Um, yah, sorry, I think you don't really understand how this works. BIS pushed email accounts that normally didn't support push, including POP. Right now on my Bold 9900, my Yahoo! mail is pushed to my phone instantly, and that's because of BIS... Yahoo is POP BTW... It's not pushed on BB10 because they stopped using BIS...
    I'm aware of how bis worked. It wasn't instant push for pop accounts. It was although advertised as "Real tome delivery of Yahoo mail " even though it was POP. Only because many used it. POP in itself does not support push. Here are BlackBerry documents which accurately describes bis with the use of POP accounts:
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...il/td-p/418460

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:42 AM
    Yahoo doesn't provide Microsoft Exchange. If you want push emails you have to change your mail address by choosing a provider with Exchange.
    Before selling my Z10 I was using my Gmail accounts with IMAP but the slowness was terrible so I created Outlook.com addresses because it provides Echange ActiveSync which offers push emails.

So if you want push emails on your BB10 phone you must have a mail provider which offers Exchange ActiveSync.
    pgg101 likes this.
    05-07-13 03:54 AM
    Yahoo doesn't provide Microsoft Exchange. If you want push emails you have to change your mail address by choosing a provider with Exchange.
    Before selling my Z10 I was using my Gmail accounts with IMAP but the slowness was terrible so I created Outlook.com addresses because it provides Echange ActiveSync which offers push emails.

So if you want push emails on your BB10 phone you must have a mail provider which offers Exchange ActiveSync.
    Imap supports push as well. May not have worked for you, but then again everything never works for everyone 100%, not even bis. There are threads that discuss slowness with Imap idle and it seems to happen, at least for some, which have routers sporting very high latencies. Again, this is a small minority. Glad EAS works for you, but Imap idle works for me and thousands of others as well. Be careful how you word your posts please. You misinform the community.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:09 AM
    good read.
    so my q10 has activesync and it doesn't push e-mails unless i'm on wifi.
    this just happened by itself two days ago and has become super annoying. it has been golden for the last two months.
    i can still send e-mails out when i'm on my mobile network but can't download any incoming messages.
    any thoughts on how to get push back?
    08-22-13 01:33 PM
    I'd give more than $4 a month! I'm spending $25 right now for the BB 9900 just for the push email. Carry my iPhone with me, but the mail is like a snail.
    07-11-15 05:41 PM
    OP, Yahoo? Get a mail server.
    07-12-15 05:33 AM