I bought my beloved wife a Q10 because she wanted a smartphone with a 'tactile keyboard'. Insofar as I could find, it was the only choice. For a couple of months, everything was fine.

Now, however, whenever I 'up-swipe' the home screen, I get the following:

Provider Identify Not Verifiable

This email provider may not be trustworthy. Personal information may not be protected.

Continue Cancel
    Details
    Snooze (5 mins) Dismiss
    [SIZE=3]

No matter which of those five 'buttons' I press, NOTHING HAPPENS. The screen is locked. The only way I can get rid of it is to turn the screen off.

(Sorry to 'yell', but I'm just so frustrated w/Blackberry. I have also tried the Blackberry (No)Help Forums with zero results. Their website reminds me of what I read about the ObamaCare website when it rolled out. BB's feels like what I imagine a root canal without anesthesia feels like.)

The Q10 seems to be a user-hostile fiasco, at least for me. Can anyone help, please? Thank you in advance.

Warren M.
    05-30-15 08:47 AM
    Resign in with the email or reload the os

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 02:41 PM
    I'm going to be of no help to you (sorry) but I'll tell you this. I've had them all, and the Q10 is w/out a doubt the best. I cannot imagine ever having anything else again. It's a device for people who want tools instead of toys. Eventually your problem WILL be solved. I would only encourage you not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Posted via CB10
    Korto Maltese likes this.
    05-31-15 04:17 PM
    I have the Z30. Having the same issue and it just started out of the blue. All email accounts were working fine and now this. The error pops up for all of my email accounts.

Anyone know why it's happening or how to resolve it?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:53 AM
    I have the Z30. Having the same issue and it just started out of the blue. All email accounts were working fine and now this. The error pops up for all of my email accounts.

Can you dismiss the message in your case?
    Because that bit is clearly a bug in the OS. What OS version are you on?

As for why the message appears...maybe something has changed with the email settings for one of your accounts. What email accounts do you have on the device?

Personally, I would try slowly deleting accounts until the message hopefully disappears, then reconfigure the one that fixed it making sure to check the current recommend settings with the email provider.
    06-17-15 04:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    were you able to resolve this? it started happening to me a few weeks ago and i now get the error about once every 30 seconds. it's really frustrating and it makes it almost impossible to do any sort of extended task on my phone.

as for baarn's response: i am on OS 10.2 on a blackberry classic. i have several different email accounts on the device but they were all on here long before the error message started popping up and none of the settings have been altered.
    10-22-15 12:26 PM
    Does any one came up with the solution? I did the factory reset & error still persist. Really fed up of this. I'm using z10. Guys please help.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 12:31 PM