Just watch the NEXT BIG THING Keynote of Apple.

I have some advise for Blackberry. If you are refreshing your mobiles just take a bunch of high-resolution photos
    and add some fancy words for the internal parts and Voila....you have an iPhone

Serious iDON'T care ...and neither is the stock market.
    490.77 -15.40 (-3.04%)

Billions in cash and this is what they come up with.

I am so proud of the hard working people at Blackberry.

Be Bold
    09-10-13 01:34 PM

I have some advise for Blackberry. If you are refreshing your mobiles just take a bunch of high-resolution photos

490.77 -15.40 (-3.04%)

Be Bold

Ok, I get the fact that you're proud of your Q10, but, can't you remain proud without the negativity toward the iPhone and Apple? Matters not to me, but, these type of threads, IMO, are Firestarters.
    09-10-13 02:07 PM
    Agreed!! The iphone 5C is 469 here in the UK and that's meant to be the cheap option?! I've still got an original iphone and really what has changed in the last 6years or so? Ridiculous! Glad I have got my Q10!

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Proud to be a Q10 Owner and why iDON'T care about iPHONE-img_00000054.jpg  
    09-10-13 02:09 PM

490.77 -15.40 (-3.04%)

Be Bold
    u totally not care by making a thread about it. you sounded like you cared even less by sounding mad as hell
    rnhld and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-10-13 02:21 PM
    u totally not care by making a thread about it. you sounded like you cared even less by sounding mad as hell
    Apple are seriously losing their ability to create new products, with all their cash you would think they would be using it wisely. Blackberry 10 is a much bigger jump than any iphone os.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 02:26 PM
    Apple are seriously losing their ability to create new products, with all their cash you would think they would be using it wisely. Blackberry 10 is a much bigger jump than any iphone os.

Posted via CB10
    yes if you compared it to os7, but lets compare z10 to z30 ,or q10 or q5. You can only change so much, especially when no one is complaining and you are still selling millions in one weekend.

you don't seriously think next year or next next year BBRY will come out with another OS thats completely different from bb10 right? Thors himself said this is their OS for next few years.

how long did old BB took to look different? they would still be making os7 if it wasn't for iphone.
    litig8or98 and cooboo like this.
    09-10-13 02:40 PM
    Agreed!! The iphone 5C is 469 here in the UK and that's meant to be the cheap option?! I've still got an original iphone and really what has changed in the last 6years or so? Ridiculous! Glad I have got my Q10!

Posted via CB10
    I hope you didn't take that photo with your Q10.
    stratax and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-10-13 02:50 PM
    I'm sure they don't care about us either.

Posted via CB10
    dimitrisgreece likes this.
    09-10-13 02:53 PM
    I hope you didn't take that photo with your Q10.
    Haha yes but sent photo by accident
    Proud to be a Q10 Owner and why iDON'T care about iPHONE-img_00000056.jpg
    Proud to be a Q10 Owner and why iDON'T care about iPHONE-img_00000057.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Proud to be a Q10 Owner and why iDON'T care about iPHONE-img_00000055.jpg  
    09-10-13 02:59 PM
    Stupid camera !!!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 03:00 PM
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 04:11 PM
    yes if you compared it to os7, but lets compare z10 to z30 ,or q10 or q5. You can only change so much, especially when no one is complaining and you are still selling millions in one weekend.

you don't seriously think next year or next next year BBRY will come out with another OS thats completely different from bb10 right? Thors himself said this is their OS for next few years.

how long did old BB took to look different? they would still be making os7 if it wasn't for iphone.
    Q10 - keyboard, z10 none, z30 bigger screen, q5 no removable battery, but some models do.

If that isn't different between models I don't know what is......?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 04:30 PM
    Love the title

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 04:49 PM
    Love it too! Apple is going down !

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 05:37 PM
    Money is not everything. Talent is! No more talents in Apple any more.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 05:39 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Fact is, competition is good. Dumb thread
    09-10-13 06:12 PM
    If you didn't care why did you watch the Keynote in the first place?

I have to admit and that's just my personal opinion but Apple seems to be standing still. The fact remains though, they will sell. I know I won't buy one but they know exactly how to market a product and sell it to people. You can't say the same about Blackberry and or a lot of other Android Manufactures even though their mobile devices are better in specs or run arguable better software.

I love this competitive market, technology and more choice.

Love it too! Apple is going down !
    Posted via CB10
    Why would you love a company to go down? Do you think it will be for the better? All those tech companies bring certain technology and innovation to the table. You saw what happen when nobody was around and Blackberry was the only one controlling the mobile space. What an uneducated comment!
    09-10-13 06:25 PM
    Q10 - keyboard, z10 none, z30 bigger screen, q5 no removable battery, but some models do.

If that isn't different between models I don't know what is......?

Posted via CB10
    WEAK! qcbarry25 was talking about changes that are evolutionary or revolutionary. Your "examples" are meaningless to that discussion. Yes, they're differences, but so what? I'm shocked you didn't mention that "Q" is an entirely different letter than "Z".

The point which was, I think, being made (at least I hope, because it's a good point) is that Apple is selling like hotcakes. Sure, not as fast as Samsung, but still, why would they depart too much from a proven product? Small, incremental changes are the safe, smart move.
    09-10-13 06:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    But it doesn't matter. People are still going to buy iphones regardless of what new features the do or don't bring to the table.

They don't need to be innovative. They use their brand as a selling point and they make money. All that cash came from slight updates.

The fact is it works. They care about what sells and their brand is what sells. Not what it's attached to.

Posted via CB10
    aaronpan likes this.
    09-10-13 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is a huge jump from BB7. But I had a disturbing conversation with a friend of mine the other day that works as a tech ology evangelist for a huge entertainment company in Central Florida.

We were at lunch and discussing mobility - and he had his usual,stable of an iPhone, a 9900, and he pulled out a Z10. I had a q10 with me though admittedly I also switch back and forth with an iPhone 5 and a Dell Venue Pro from time to time. Yes we're obviously gadget geeks.

I asked him about his company moving to the iPhone over BB devices (which they did recently). He pointed to the Z10 and said, "you know, it just didn't wow me."

It's that missing "Wow" factor that's killing BB10 in my opinion. It's impressive, it works great, expecially for a first gen OS, but the average (read:non CrackBerry reader) person just doesn't get the compulsion. The driving force to switch. The "wow" factor.

The more I thought about it, I think he's right. BB10 is great, but there no real "it" factor that will draw people away from other operating systems.
    09-11-13 03:15 AM
    Totally agree with your feelings, been running IOS7 for the last couple months and its actually the main thing for making me head back to blackberry again, sure some of the new features are nice but the colour scheme is just terrible and that combined with no keyboard was enough for me, even before I saw the new models released, its just a money spinner for them to refresh the model.

Got my Q10 yesterday and had a few reservations because not used to blackberry 10 but getting to grips with it again now and loving getting a proper keyboard back again, no more terror on my face when i have to answer a long e-mail or explain something by text any more. Apple your just turning it into a money market and loosing what put you where you are.

Now then have to find some ringtones cause 3 of each type just aint going to cut it lol.
    kmillz700 likes this.
    09-11-13 07:01 AM
    Apple are doing what US corporations (and others) do, which is both a strength and a weakness. One of the people I worked for explained it very well.
    US corporations start up and are innovative. They come up with something new and create markets.
    But then they become very bloated with management and try to spend less and less on R&D, using the mantra "don't fix what isn't broken".
    Product development stagnates, but sales continue strong because most people don't really like change. They want the next gadget to work like the previous gadget.
    Then market conditions change, and the corporation has lost its power to adapt, so it either has to restructure massively (and possibly shrink), go bust, or decline slowly. (BlackBerry chose to restructure and shrink, and the jury is out on what will happen).

Cases in point:
    US car industry when the oil prices went up dramatically. GM and Ford were both very badly hit and fuel-efficient manufacturers like Toyota gained a lot of market share.
    IBM, when the PC market took off and started to break into minicomputer sales. In the end IBM was unable to adapt and sold off its PC division, because other manufacturers out-innovated them in PCs.
    It is too early to say if Apple has peaked, but it certainly seems to be in the reduced R&D/incremental change mode. Like the US car industry they might stay there for years, or they might decline quite suddenly (if some of the new ideas from companies like Sony start to gain real traction).

The guy I am talking about was fired when he told top management that our company needed to change, and that restructuring and R&D was needed. He then went off and started his own, successful company. I stayed on, but left for a startup when it become clear that he had been completely right.
    Kriilin Namek likes this.
    09-11-13 07:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    +111111111111111111111111111

BB10 was also "in the works" much longer but I do agree that BB10 was a much bigger jump for an os. And Apple also has tons of different products. BlackBerry focues solely on phones. I honestly don't like Apple too much but you have to consider the two separate scenarios.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:03 AM
    Apple are doing what US corporations (and others) do, which is both a strength and a weakness. One of the people I worked for explained it very well.
    US corporations start up and are innovative. They come up with something new and create markets.
    But then they become very bloated with management and try to spend less and less on R&D, using the mantra "don't fix what isn't broken".
    Product development stagnates, but sales continue strong because most people don't really like change. They want the next gadget to work like the previous gadget.
    Then market conditions change, and the corporation has lost its power to adapt, so it either has to restructure massively (and possibly shrink), go bust, or decline slowly. (BlackBerry chose to restructure and shrink, and the jury is out on what will happen).

Cases in point:
    US car industry when the oil prices went up dramatically. GM and Ford were both very badly hit and fuel-efficient manufacturers like Toyota gained a lot of market share.
    IBM, when the PC market took off and started to break into minicomputer sales. In the end IBM was unable to adapt and sold off its PC division, because other manufacturers out-innovated them in PCs.
    It is too early to say if Apple has peaked, but it certainly seems to be in the reduced R&D/incremental change mode. Like the US car industry they might stay there for years, or they might decline quite suddenly (if some of the new ideas from companies like Sony start to gain real traction).

The guy I am talking about was fired when he told top management that our company needed to change, and that restructuring and R&D was needed. He then went off and started his own, successful company. I stayed on, but left for a startup when it become clear that he had been completely right.
    Definitely. But I also think that Apple's downfall also has a lot to do with the passing of Steve Jobs and the release of Wozniak. They were the brains behind the company. Tim Cook seems like a great guy but he simply cannot compete with those 2.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:05 AM
    +111111111111111111111111111

BB10 was also "in the works" much longer but I do agree that BB10 was a much bigger jump for an os. And Apple also has tons of different products. BlackBerry focues solely on phones. I honestly don't like Apple too much but you have to consider the two separate scenarios.

Posted via CB10
    How has that "jump" helped? I hear the argument over and over again..."iPhone is just putting fresh lipstick on a pig". But you know, that's one of the reasons why they have so many apps....nobody has had to recreate any for a new operating system. On some level, Apple is a victim of it's own success. A drastic OS change might mean diminishing their library, and that's a huge risk.

The fanboys love to point out that BB10 is "entirely new", and yes, it certainly is. Which is one reason why there's so little uptake. I'd have had much more in the way of misgivings in giving up my Blackberry if i knew that (a) BB10 kept all the same functionality (think, bedside mode, bridging), and (b) I could use the same apps. It's willfully blind to tout how admirable BBRY is for creating something new, without recognizing that there is a downside...for which BBRY is solely responsible.

Armchair CEO time: if BBRY had been smart, they would have moved to a brand new OS prior to such a huge decline. Certainly not when they were "on top", but they waited too long; not enough customers remained invested in the brand. That's when you'll see Apple make a big move...right at the start of "the fall". 'Cause you see, Apple knows what it's doing.
    raremage likes this.
    09-11-13 11:54 AM
33 12