I've just swapped three users to Q10s. There seems to be a real problem with the handling of "swipe up" to minimise for those apps that also scroll. Thus the phone dialler app is very difficult to dismiss, it often takes 3 or 4 attempts (and one use can't get it to work at all).

Is there any other way of doing this? or of changing the sensitivity of the screen - or an obvious piece of wisdom I don't possess.
    03-27-14 05:59 AM
    I don't think you can change the screen sensitivity but I always swipe up from the word BlackBerry at the bottom of my Z10. I sometimes find when Im in a hurry I start up further.
    03-27-14 07:01 AM
    Have them start the swipe from the T and Y keys, they'll never have that issue again!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 07:05 AM
    Yes they will!
    I've spent considerable time testing this. Blackberry have chosen to make the scroll up action the same as the "minimise" action. If you're in a screen that has scrolling it's quite difficult to minimise.
    03-27-14 01:09 PM
    Yes they will!
    I've spent considerable time testing this. Blackberry have chosen to make the scroll up action the same as the "minimise" action. If you're in a screen that has scrolling it's quite difficult to minimise.
    Its impossible for a swipe that starts off-screen, on the T and Y keys to scroll.
    The screen will only scroll if the swipe starts on the screen.

Try it, it works. My girlfriend was having issues minimizing.. as soon as she switched to swiping from the keyboard she was minimizing flawlessly. I just tried 10 times swiping up from the keyboard, not once did it scroll the webpage I was on.

Blackberry have chosen to make the scroll up action the same as the "minimise" action. If you're in a screen that has scrolling it's quite difficult to minimise.
    Simply not true, i'm sorry. Scroll up is a swipe started on screen, minimize is a swipe started off screen, ideally the bezel, in our case, the keyboard.
    03-27-14 01:37 PM
    Do you have tiny fingers, on the Q10 the distance between the T&Y keys and the screen is 2-3mm (1/16" to 1/8" for the US). How many have fingers that small.
    03-27-14 02:06 PM
    Do you have tiny fingers, on the Q10 the distance between the T&Y keys and the screen is 2-3mm (1/16" to 1/8" for the US). How many have fingers that small.
    Which is exactly why I said to start on the T and Y keys. The Q10's bottom bezel isin't big enough in my opinion, which is why people have issues you described. If you start ON the T and Y keys the issue disappears...

We're just going around in circles at this point.

My advice:
    Start the swipe on the T and Y keys, just like you were to type the letter, but instead of pressing down, swiping up.

Good luck.
    03-27-14 02:28 PM
    If you do the swipe up really slowly it will sometimes scroll instead. Speed up your swipe.
    03-27-14 04:01 PM
    FCSC, Well done, you have small fingers. I did it 10 times (starting on the T-Y keys) and it failed 6 times and minimised 4. That's hardly acceptable behaviour. This is supposed to be a user friendly device.
    03-27-14 04:53 PM
    @travisredpath
    I tried the "fast swipe" idea and minimising improved dramatically. However, a well designed phone would not use the same gesture for scroll and minimise (I'm not contradicting you, but the ***** at BB who thought this was a good idea). I had hoped for an alternate option. My boss is a priest, I can't wait to tell him, you mustn't do it slow, you have to do it faster.
    03-27-14 05:01 PM
    Lets be clear, it does not us the same gesture. A scroll is done by swiping on the screen, a minimize is accomplished by starting off of the screen, on the bezel. Yes, the bottom bezel on the Q10 screen is rather small and makes it more difficult to do the up swipe.

Make sure you make contact with the glass starting off of the actual screen, on the bezel. As one person said, on a Z10, you start at the BB logo, big difference from scrolling.
    03-27-14 05:59 PM