Yeah , since 10.3 , my wifi disconnect itself often , even if I see some signals ... that's annoying.
    My carrier signals is put also on emergency ...damn ! Since 2011 , I was a Blackberry followers , but as I see , they cannot even do a good OS update. As it's my business phone , you imagine my problem !
    Will wait a couple of more days to see if there will be a patch, but definitevely search a more reliable phone
    You don't need to search for another phone. Just search the forums for a 10.2.1.xxxx autoloader that you were using before you upgraded to 10.3.1. Be sure to back-up all important information because an autoloader will wipe the phone clean as it installs the OS.
    Then you will be back to a more stable phone running the OS you were using before. Just be sure to turn off auto updating right away so your phone won't update to 10.3.1 again.
    03-05-15 11:34 AM
    First week has passed since we got the update and still not a single reply or fix (patch).
    Nice going BlackBerry and thank you for having a phone with low sound speaker.

Posted via CB10
    And it's now 5 days since you posted this and still no fix. Meanwhile John S. Chen struts around like a peacock at MWC promoting hardware that is tantamount to an auto dealer selling you an auto with no motor.

Maybe someone could remind him that the primary function of a telephone is to receive calls and to notify incoming calls by some kind of ringtone?

I've been a Blackberry user for 7 years, but Monday morning my Q10 goes on sale. I'm really pissed.
    lift and charlie wax like this.
    03-06-15 01:12 AM
    You don't need to search for another phone. Just search the forums for a 10.2.1.xxxx autoloader that you were using before you upgraded to 10.3.1. Be sure to back-up all important information because an autoloader will wipe the phone clean as it installs the OS.
    Then you will be back to a more stable phone running the OS you were using before. Just be sure to turn off auto updating right away so your phone won't update to 10.3.1 again.
    I've always had auto-update turned off and checked that it was turned off when I was notified of 10.3.1 availability. Nothing doing - when I woke up next morning after entering my PIN I discovered that it was installed. I spent the rest of the day working around various problems (screen zoom particularly) and that evening decided to roll back to 10.2.xxx.

Next morning same scenario. 10.3.1 reinstalled.

Blackberry sucks and monday morning my Q10 goes on sale and I will be the first to laugh when they go bankrupt - because that's what will happen to me (and possibly divorce!) if I stay with this 'phone.' (Which it is not because normally a phone RINGS to notify incoming calls)
    Last edited by bribreizh; 03-06-15 at 01:01 PM.
    03-06-15 01:33 AM
    Well, I'm sorry to say this...but I've traded my phone (Q10) yesterday for something more reliable. I won't name the brand or manufacturer but I'm glad I've left that sinking ship.

Sent from my satelitte using Tapatalk
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    03-06-15 02:52 AM
    Charlie Wax, I hear you. Since the latest upgrade the problems I have had are mirrored in these comments and them some. I've done all the reboots, waited days for things to "settle in" as suggested. Some problems remain, others heal, new issues appear.

This is f***ing insane!!!

NEVER will I buy one of these crap phones again!!!!

This is practically class action lawsuit territory!!!

Oh, and BB, I just sold my BB stock at a significant loss. I want absolutely NOTHING to do with your garbage again and sincerely hope you go belly up fast.

Sign me a former happy Canadian customer.
    03-06-15 03:13 AM
    Wow, some pretty angry people here. I really hope BlackBerry moves their @ss and gets this stuff fixed. I moved back to 10.2.1 and am never going to 10.3.1 until I read in these forums that all the bugs are fixed. I feel really bad for people that have had major problems with their phones. Thankfully my problems were minor (low ring volume and wifi dropping out).
    03-06-15 10:35 AM
    I will correct you in one thing @rick_p
    Before the update my Q10 was not a crap phone. BB 10 OS leaks were available since last summer (August I believe) and i also believe that BlackBerry had leaked them by themselves. Since they carry a "Gold standard" in mobile security I presume you just can't take it from their servers like you're stealing a candy from a baby.
    I've also read that volume bug was present in the leaks since the beginnings.
    If we take that into count, we're coming to conclusion that BlackBerry is not able to fix the volume bug in 6-7 months period. It's not like they're Samsung with 100 phone models and they have to optimize software for every each one of them. They only had to do it for 4 models and they screwed it up really bad.

Other people who are reading this will probably say stop ranting or revert to 10.2.1 BB OS, but thats not the point. Updates are meant to be a step forward not two steps backwards.
    And to Mr. Chen...this is not "Getting things done" but rather "Getting things undone".

To conclude, i will continue to read and participate on CrackBerry website and forums because i have the utmost respect for the community and because I'm a tech enthusiast.

03-06-15 03:21 PM
    The new update is so bad my workplace is advising everyone not to upgrade! The major issue they cite is poor battery performace. And I agree...every day my battery dies several hours before it used to, same level of use, everything extra turned off. I'm really disappointed and consider my next device may not be BlackBerry if things keep going this way

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 04:10 PM
    Wow, some pretty angry people here. I really hope BlackBerry moves their @ss and gets this stuff fixed. I moved back to 10.2.1 and am never going to 10.3.1 until I read in these forums that all the bugs are fixed. I feel really bad for people that have had major problems with their phones. Thankfully my problems were minor (low ring volume and wifi dropping out).
    I agree with you.

It does conjure up that when BB does get around to a fix, they will serve to, "lock the barn door after the horse has bolted."
    03-06-15 05:42 PM
    I will correct you in one thing @rick_p
    Before the update my Q10 was not a crap phone. BB 10 OS leaks were available since last summer (August I believe) and i also believe that BlackBerry had leaked them by themselves. Since they carry a "Gold standard" in mobile security I presume you just can't take it from their servers like you're stealing a candy from a baby.
    I've also read that volume bug was present in the leaks since the beginnings.
    If we take that into count, we're coming to conclusion that BlackBerry is not able to fix the volume bug in 6-7 months period. It's not like they're Samsung with 100 phone models and they have to optimize software for every each one of them. They only had to do it for 4 models and they screwed it up really bad.

Other people who are reading this will probably say stop ranting or revert to 10.2.1 BB OS, but thats not the point. Updates are meant to be a step forward not two steps backwards.
    And to Mr. Chen...this is not "Getting things done" but rather "Getting things undone".

To conclude, i will continue to read and participate on CrackBerry website and forums because i have the utmost respect for the community and because I'm a tech enthusiast.

I'm wondering if Mr Chen is even using a BlackBerry for his work. And the new Calendar in managing his time.

CB on Q10
    03-06-15 08:31 PM
    I haven't been on crackberry for a little while, but just saw this thread. I'm sorry to hear that quite a few people are having difficulty with 10.3 on their Q10's. Surprisingly, I've been running a leaked 10.3 version since New Years Eve on my Q10 and other than slightly low notification volume haven't had one problem with my phone. In fact, I logged onto Crackberry today to do the Blitz update to 10.3.1.2264 and so far my Q10 has been working without any lag or issue since the upgrade (other than the slightly low notification volume still). I even sideloaded the new version of Snap as well without issue. My Q10 is a Verizon phone if that helps anyone in figuring out why my phone is still (fingers crossed) avoiding many of the problems of 10.3.
    03-06-15 09:06 PM
    I'm holding off upgrading until BB fixes these bugs in 10.3 for the Q10. I'm synchronized with my exchange network in addition to my 5 personal emails and track 8 different calendars. There's no way I'm risking losing that functionality due to a software "upgrade". Also the problems with creating wi-fi hotspots needs to be addressed also. I use that feature almost every day.
    03-07-15 12:33 AM
    Some of my apps still flicker specially when I seek to attach a document or a photograph to send on Whatsapp or BBM!
    This never was a problem in the earlier versions.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:23 AM
    As someone stated before.
    Step 1: Remove SIM from phone

Step 2: Insert SIM into another phone

Loool

03-07-15 07:20 AM
    From what little time I spent in 10.3.1, I found it cluttered on the Q10's diminutive screen.

If there's nothing you can't live without in 10.3.1, consider flashing back to 10.2.1. It's certainly a matter of personal preference, but 10.2.1 seems "just right" for the Q10.

Q10 SQN100-1- OS 10.2.1 ... on its 3rd keyboard.
    lift likes this.
    03-07-15 09:35 AM
    So this isn't normal?!? To those using a Q10, 10.3, can you please show a screenshot of the Compose screen in Text Messages? Thanks in advance.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2243.
    You get 4 lines of text (more you type more space you get ) . Its ok with me , my SMS is short .
    03-07-15 09:39 AM
    Problems with new 10.3-img_20150307_163922.png

Here is pic .

Posted via CB10
    workittywork likes this.
    03-07-15 09:41 AM
    Your double typing issue is worse than mine...hahaha

Bob

Posted Via CB10 With One Of My Unlocked BlackBerrys>Q10-SQN100-5/10.3.1.2267>Z10-STL100-3/10.3.1.2267 On AT&T
    Warios and mushroom_daddy like this.
    03-07-15 10:33 AM
    So this isn't normal?!? To those using a Q10, 10.3, can you please show a screenshot of the Compose screen in Text Messages? Thanks in advance.
    Warios is right. The UI is responsive and grows with the text (and suggestions) :
    Problems with new 10.3-img_20150307_174052.png
    So, what's the issue ?
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-07-15 10:42 AM
    i cant edit my post from CB app on q10 .
    03-07-15 11:12 AM
    NFC payments are laggy

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-07-15 07:08 PM
    I'm curious- for those with the passport/classic- are all these problems happening with the newer phones or just the older BlackBerry like Q10/Z10 etc?

I may have figured out the volume issue- it has something to do with movement of the phone. My alarm will be low the first time it goes off and when I touch the phone to snooze, it's way louder the next time. Not sure if that helps others but figured I'd share.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:58 AM
    It seems to be wide spread with the OS

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-08-15 11:28 AM
    I did nothing and my sound volume problem is gone. What happened?

And by the way, I dont understand angry people saying the lose money/business etc. while they were unable to hear phone ringing.
    I was using BB Pro 3 ringtone(available in Ringtone menu) and EVERYONE told me I am crazy having so loud ringtone. Never had problem hearing in restaurant, car playing loud music inside, outside . What you guys are doing bad? Using your favourite hot pop song from Alexandra Stan or some orgasm sound from youp*rn?

* And also setting up BeBuzz makes everything much better, text message/other apps notification as well.

But strange thing is that my phone suddenly started to ring loud again. I remember BeBuzz and BBM update recently, Havent changed anything else as I had been happy with BB Pro 3 ringtone even although I had volume bug
    03-08-15 02:08 PM
    lol. did nothing but the issue went away? you just probably got used to the low volume.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 02:22 PM
233 ... 678910