Curious to kknow- those with problems, how many of you used sideloaded apps? I found side loading really messed up my phone. Never did it again and no problems

I did have issues with the update to 10.3 - low volume is one of the main issues- battery drain? I'm using my phone more so perhaps why? But I have a great calendar app thanks to amazon (I never liked the calendar app with the original Q10) and my phone is fast and useful. I'm not using my phone as a toy- but a tool. Sure I play simple games the odd time, but I can text, bbm and email and get phone calls. Pretty much all I'm asking for.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    02-28-15 04:33 PM
    Never a side load did I do.
    02-28-15 09:22 PM
    Curious to kknow- those with problems, how many of you used sideloaded apps? I found side loading really messed up my phone. Never did it again and no problems

Posted via CB10
    Never did any sideloading. The only mess I have right now is the notification volume - which I believe can temporarily be resolved and that BlackBerry already acknowledged this problem and working on a fix. Battery life seems okay, there were battery calibration issues but could also be resolved. Besides, my battery is quite old already.

Still not happy with how they 'downgraded' the native Calendar app.

CB on Q10
    02-28-15 09:48 PM
    Never did any sideloading. The only mess I have right now is the notification volume - which I believe can temporarily be resolved and that BlackBerry already acknowledged this problem and working on a fix. Battery life seems okay, there were battery calibration issues but could also be resolved. Besides, my battery is quite old already.

Still not happy with how they 'downgraded' the native Calendar app.

CB on Q10
    Likewise. No sideloading, but I have two android apps acquired through Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:25 PM
    No sideloading here either. Still had issues.
    02-28-15 10:29 PM
    First week has passed since we got the update and still not a single reply or fix (patch).
    Nice going BlackBerry and thank you for having a phone with low sound speaker.

Posted via CB10
    lift, bribreizh and mushroom_daddy like this.
    03-01-15 04:47 AM
    Has anybody on Q10 been able to update to 10.3 and fixed their no signal and battery not charging problem? I've been forced to downgrade. Back to 10.2. Don't know if others have been successful

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:05 AM
    Has anybody on Q10 been able to update to 10.3 and fixed their no signal and battery not charging problem? I've been forced to downgrade. Back to 10.2. Don't know if others have been successful

Posted via CB10
    No luck here. Waiting for BB to release a patched OS the works on our phones.

Q10 SQN100-1- OS 10.2.1 ... on its 3rd keyboard.
    03-01-15 10:43 AM
    I loled. This doesn't happen with ios and android. Talking by owning also a nexus 5 and iphone 5. So pleeeaseee.

10.3 is a big... failure imho (in terms of performance). I guess i've expected too much. Updated about 3-4 days ago. First days the battery consumption was extremely high, draining the battery in hours (phone was not used). And now, after 'settle period' (lol, what a joke..) the lag is still omnipresent . Also the android performance still sucks big time

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243

Posted via CB10
    I had some issues after upgrading to 10.3.1.1581, I realized that all my android apps that were not BlackBerry approved were probably the issue. So I did a security wipe with no restore started new again and synced everything with  LINK. No more issues and I am very happy with my Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267. I will slowly start adding some android apps but most of them I never used anyway.

I Love my ⚡ FAST  Z10
    03-01-15 08:39 PM
    Same for me. Everything is positive except the low notifications volume. That's a bummer but I've found a workaround by compressing and upping the levels using Audacity but obviously that's only an option for someone who is DAW competent.

I really hope Blackberry fix this fast, because otherwise 10.3.1 seems great.

Update 03/06/2015 : My fix using Audacity does not work which in retrospect was obvious and probably for the better! ( a +6.0db level boost probably would have blown it apart!)
    Last edited by bribreizh; 03-06-15 at 01:10 PM.
    03-02-15 02:34 AM
    after update 1565, my Q10 can not view chat log in Group chat. I don't know why
    03-02-15 02:57 AM
    Another thing I've noticed is that my WiFi still drops and I can't reconnect. Some parts of the screen are still unresponsive, such as phone and camera icon. I need to press at least 4-5 times until I get there.
    I work as a customs officer and I need the device which works. I get at least 10 missed calls and lot of mails on daily basis which I can't hear on my Q10.
    My superiors are starting to get pissed off cause of this.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:46 AM
    Hi there!

I updated my STL1-100 Z10 a cupple of days ago (10.3.1.1565). There are many good new functions, but I have two problems!
    The phone keep buzzing after I answer a call! So it buzzes one more time after answering a call which is really anoying both side on a call!
    The second problem is about my car kit. It's Renault's Carminat TomTom device and problem is about the character encoding. While on 10.2 everithing was ok, but in 10.3.1 special characters like "�,�,�,ő,�,�,ű,�" does not appear any more on the car's screen!

Are there any solution for these problems?
    killkenny1 likes this.
    03-02-15 06:28 AM
    First week has passed since we got the update and still not a single reply or fix (patch). Nice going BlackBerry and thank you for having a phone with low sound speaker.

The has been some acknowledgement from BlackBerry, see this thread amongst others: 10-3-1-notification-volume-problem-help-1001477 but still no fix. If you really want to hear your Q10 it's arguably best to stay with (or roll back to) 10.2.x
    03-02-15 07:35 AM
    I have the volume issue too. That's pretty much it for me. That and BlackBerry link with my laptop, but that's a software issue with BlackBerry link and windows 8.1 and I've had that before the upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:16 AM
    Another thing I've noticed is that my WiFi still drops and I can't reconnect. Some parts of the screen are still unresponsive, such as phone and camera icon. I need to press at least 4-5 times until I get there.
    I work as a customs officer and I need the device which works. I get at least 10 missed calls and lot of mails on daily basis which I can't hear on my Q10.
    My superiors are starting to get pissed off cause of this.

Posted via CB10
    If your phone absolutely needs to operate in an important fashion such as yours, then I suggest backing-up your phone and rolling back to the latest 10.2.1 from your carrier. No sense in getting in trouble when your device will go back to being more reliable with 10.2.1.
    03-02-15 11:31 AM
    My Z30, Updated to 10.3 about 4 days ago. UI lag, it seems everything is slowed down and the short battery life of about 30%, notification in quick setting do not turn blue when activated silent mode.... and the new analog clock looks ugly.
    Last edited by dinn2crackberry; 03-03-15 at 10:07 AM.
    03-03-15 09:53 AM
    I updated my Q10 to OS 10.3.1.1565.

The problem I have is that my Q10 shuts off at 14% battery. I can turn it on (that's how I know there's still 14% left) but it shuts off after that again... I would really like to fix this!
    03-03-15 03:08 PM
    The problem I have is that my Q10 shuts off at 14% battery. I can turn it on (that's how I know there's still 14% left) but it shuts off after that again... I would really like to fix this!
    Just pull out the battery, let the cover opened, plug your phone to the wall (not the computer), start it, wait for the BlackBerry logo to appear, replace the battery, put back the cover and let it charge for the night...
    03-03-15 06:24 PM
    Why is there no warning that this might happen?
    03-03-15 07:20 PM
    Hi,

I got the same problem small icon and zooming.
    Frustrated I decided to downgrade back to 10.2, after finishing downgrade it got many notification to upgrade to 10.3.
    And it upgrade back to 10.3 automatically during I sleep but now is a happy ending except small icon.

So I suggest to re-install 10.3 to eliminate the zooming issue.
    Anyone knows how to enlarge the icons?
    03-04-15 12:43 AM
    I too have the same problem, my eyes are now hurting, and I put it down to this. Something must be done about it. I advised my wife not to upgrade. How do I revert back?
    Is this the same size on the Classic? If so I will have to look elsewhere, such a shame as I am a BlackBerry user for over 10 years, but it's hurting my eyes!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:57 AM
    I'm glad I found this thread. I can't even imagine how much time I spent on my Q10 trying to figure out why I couldn't adjust the volume for my text message notifications, bbm,email, etc. I can't even set the length of the notifications anymore. I finally went into my cel service provider thinking I was just being an *****. They assured me that many people had been complaining about this issue.

Why on earth, did a company that makes cel phones make a change that reduces your ability to stay connected when that was the entire purpose of getting the phone to begin with? You can't change the volume or duration of notifications? That's primitive.

I work at a job where I need to be available to contractors when they need to contact me. If I can't hear this bloody thing go off when I get a text message, I'm in some pretty big trouble.

This is stupid.
    03-04-15 02:44 PM
    Hi there!

I updated my STL1-100 Z10 a cupple of days ago (10.3.1.1565). There are many good new functions, but I have two problems!
    The phone keep buzzing after I answer a call! So it buzzes one more time after answering a call which is really anoying both side on a call!
    Yeah, this annoys me as well...
    03-04-15 05:33 PM
    Yeah , since 10.3 , my wifi disconnect itself often , even if I see some signals ... that's annoying.
    My carrier signals is put also on emergency ...damn ! Since 2011 , I was a Blackberry followers , but as I see , they cannot even do a good OS update. As it's my business phone , you imagine my problem !
    Will wait a couple of more days to see if there will be a patch, but definitevely search a more reliable phone
    Last edited by canadianjoeblack; 03-05-15 at 11:29 AM.
    03-05-15 07:05 AM
233 ... 56789 ...