My problem is I used to silence a call by touching the screen. Unable to do it after the upgrade. Has this been removed?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:22 AM
    Oh the irony - a daily reminder of what a fiasco this upgrade was...

Problems with new 10.3-img_20150225_074428.png

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:51 AM
    Oh the irony - a daily reminder of what a fiasco this upgrade was...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150225_074428.png 
Views:	612 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	336826

Posted via CB10
    I shut off auto updates. I didn't want to deal with that.
    02-25-15 10:33 AM
    I shut off auto updates. I didn't want to deal with that.
    Me too! No idea why I get daily reminders.

Problems with new 10.3-img_20150225_085015.png

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:51 AM
    [QUOTE=Lag_Fisher;11371372]And how about the volume issue for notifications?

CB on
    Sadly I have this one too

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:55 PM
    Because now, you have the HUB "Instant Actions" feature. Tap the icon in the top-right corner, then the little bin near each email you want to delete.
    Ah great feature - however its implementation is pretty useless as showing the "deleted/undo" box slows down the deletion of multiple messages. Also a nuisance that you cannot turn this notification off (and yes, I disabled the confirmation on delete in the settings).
    02-25-15 04:44 PM
    Ah great feature - however its implementation is pretty useless as showing the "deleted/undo" box slows down the deletion of multiple messages. Also a nuisance that you cannot turn this notification off (and yes, I disabled the confirmation on delete in the settings).
    So many changes. I wonder if it's not better to stick with 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:03 PM
    Anyone has an idea if it is possible to have a 10.2 version of Calendar running in 10.3?

CB on Q10
    02-25-15 07:50 PM
    So many changes. I wonder if it's not better to stick with 10.2.1.
    Some changes are great:
    • the new selection circle. So much easier to position the cursor in a text.
    • the advanced interaction like 'flip to mute' (I'm missing them since I left my old Nokia).
    • the option to assign keyboard shortcuts to actions (like A to launch the addressbook)
    • endless folders
    • the "fixed" location of running apps on the homescreen, no more jumping around of the apps

but is this enough to oversee the negatives and step backs like
    • Confusing Calendar
    • Automatic expanding Overflow menu
    • Hub looks untidy and more cramped
    • Always visible big blue blob
    • Automatic scrolling to the bottom of the overflow menu and some screens
    • Confusing Music player - small lists instead of icons
    • Unpleasant default colours - lack of liveness
    • Ugly dialogs - looks like Win 1.0 and not 2015 style
    • worse WiFi performance

and of course
    • no able to launch an app from the Assistant by typing

Is it worth to upgrade? Good question - give it a try but make sure than you have an autoloader for 10.2.1 so that you can downgrade (or reverse upgrade) again as I did.
    I don't think, I will go "back" to 10.3 soon ...
    02-25-15 10:54 PM
    Right and I forgot - The triaging feature in the hub is nice but aside from the usability issue I described earlier, I'm asking myself why can't the Hub support a deletion by swiping the message left or right (like FeedMinder or Lazy Lists)
    02-25-15 11:12 PM
    Finally the re-boots have completed: not one in less than four hours.

Would add a couple of comments as it relates to UI only. Note I am having issues with "issues" such as battery drain, etc. But for this post I will ignore.

1. What is with the "dot"? You know what I mean, the massive blue circle, or as you noted, allwi, the "blob". Simply put, invasive, annoying.

2. The change in fonts and the intensity/brightness make it difficult for those of us moving to reading glasses. For example, in the Hub, the second line of text below the "header" in each message is almost impossible to read without glasses. Too dim. Have had to increase font size, which results in LOSS of screen effectively.

3. Overall background white colour in Hub, etc is glaringly white or bright - perhaps this is the excess battery drain to power all those pixels.

4. And it may be me, as I may truthfully not remember, but the "bar" across the bottom of all the mail accounts, etc seems much more intrusive. In fact, I don't seem to remember there being a bar present ALL the time when scrolling and looking at my messages. If there was, then that is a testimony to the level of new "intrusiveness" with the 10.3 UI.

5. Not a fan of the selection circle - this has to do with those of us with old eyes - it hides/blur text with the shading/dimming.

6. Of course smaller icons.

7. Calendar loss of screen space with the dates across the top in daily view. And the BLOB ever present. And no quick switch/change of views. (and very very slow response to swipe from day to day)

8. Contacts - where to begin . . .?

So, these are quick comments based on the things I needed to look at immediately upon completion of a forced, tortuous upgrade process. Will play and give the UI a chance, but likely a downgrade is in the near future.
    anon(8080272) and allwi like this.
    02-26-15 01:01 AM
    Dot...
    ...blob...
    ...massive circle
    So by this you all mean the blue "new message" or "reply" in hub, the green "new appointment" in calendar or the blue "new alarm" in clock? (dont know the exact translations)

What were they thinking?

I can understand that you would want to add some visual clue to the most likely/most important action, but that is already covered by it being right in the middle of the screen. But OK, I dont mind a little dash of color.

Also, that color is a nice indicator of what kind of function it is, such as blue being for messages, and green for times... wait a second, why is new message blue, new appointment green and new alarm blue again? OK, so its just color for the sake of color. Could have done without it, but I know how my device works, so I dont get confused by it. Whatever...

And then its a circle. Round peg in a square hole, anyone? Again, I dont like it, but I dont mind it, its just some stupid visual clutter that i can easily ignore, or rather could easily ignore, if it wherent covering my f*cking content on my screen! Why is this circle larger than the rest of the bottom UI?

And to add insult to injury, scrolling with the space bar in e-mails is also borked now. It uses the top and bottom of the email text under the top and bottom UI as jump markers, instead of the top and bottom of the text on screen. So i have to scroll with my fingers.

Also - but I am not sure of this - didnt the header and the bottom UI vanish after a scroll in 10.2? currently, I can only use 50% of my screen when reading e-mails. This is just insane. Is there any setting to change that behavior?

Other gripes:
    Calendar became all but useless
    audio notifications are broken
    the side menu in browser is now useless (I have to scroll to open a link in a new tab, and it always auto expands, WTF?)
    Some slowdowns (calendar takes a while to load its measles, when starting it, or switching months)
    Still no multitasking, even though there is now an option that implies that I should be able to do it
    Still no full implementation of BB app rights management and none at all for android apps

Things I dont like, but dont care about:
    The new toyUI. (though in some instances, it actually wrecked things, see calendar)

Improvements:
    Android apps. The setting to change their sizes is fantastic.
    Battery saver? havent really tested it though.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    02-26-15 03:35 AM
    As I give the new UI a workout for evaluation, those with Q10's as I have not had time to play with my Z's. Is the screen cramped due to the changed UI? I seem to be continually "mis-swyping" that is catching buttons, etc. Never had this issue with the first Q.

Has anyone else noticed or had this issue?

I think I will reload 10.2 on one of the Q10's for a side by side evaluation.
    02-26-15 06:55 AM
    Most of the time playing a video/music via browser won't have any sound. I have to close it open my media play a song then open the browser load the page and watch the video again. Then it will occur again and repeat.. what a joke

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:30 AM
    Re Volume please go into Notifications Normal Customise and then choose Overide Profile Volume for each of the app. And adjust Volume.

Posted via CB10
    I tried that initially and found that it does not help improve the major issue with the volume.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    02-26-15 09:38 AM
    Perhaps I should wait to download as it's not happening yet on AT&T. Maybe mods from BB will be available? There don't seem to be many advantages to this upgrade. A shame!
    02-26-15 03:47 PM
    I managed to return to 10.2.2.

Gloriously to say - and I'm truly a calm person - that I did not smash the phone against the wall as I intended to do after having realised that the update went really bad.

For the notification-volume issue - yes, I'm also running a Q10 100-3.

The strangest issue was after having returned back to 10.2.2 - during phone calls I had a crackling noise and clear communications had become impossible. Then I had to try several different 10.2.1 versions, until I updated again to 10.3. This resolved that issue - and then I returned again to 10.2.2. Everything fine since then.

I dislike the "software update" messages. Will I return to 10.3? Never again.
    02-27-15 09:46 AM
    Just leave your system running like this for 2-3 days. The battery will get better. After OS updated, it needs 2-3 days for settling so battery drainage should happen.

Posted via CB10
    Wish this was the case. but its been no help.
    02-27-15 12:54 PM
    It seems that battery drains like crazy (within hours in standby!), randomly.. system being the top consumer. My bb10 device is simply not reliable at all..

Not to mention again the poor performance.
    Android is a ferrari in comparison to this snail (in app performance, app load time so much better on android, comparing native apps ofc, android apps load time is still a big issue on bb10 )

Btw, dave&co don't come with settle days bullsh*t again. For your info it's about a week (or more?) since i've updated.

I am disappointed.
    Well done blackberry, you continue to dig your own grave.

Posted via CB10
    canadianjoeblack likes this.
    02-28-15 03:19 AM
    ^

I have a Q10 and everything runs fast and smooth on 10.3.1. Since the first leaks, except low notifications volume, I had none of the issues people are talking about. So maybe it has to do with the way you installed the update, or the way you use your phone or maybe God hates you, I don't know. But i'm tired of seeing posts like this.
    You talk a lot about Android, but maybe using your BlackBerry as an Android will cause problems. If you want Android apps running perfectly, then just go Android, but stop saying 'BlackBerry this, BlackBerry that' ; BlackBerry are what they are, you know it, so deal with it.

And you say they are diging their own grave, but please, what other brand releases an update on a two years old phone which improves battery life, quality and fluidity ? Apple or maybe Android ? Lol.
    c diamond, bribreizh and Joshu42 like this.
    02-28-15 03:38 AM
    BlackBerry are what they are, you know it, so deal with it.
    Some people don't give up the hope that BlackBerry might change for the better.
    And i'm complaining about the upgrade, not because I hate BlackBerry but because I think they have the best devices on the market and have the best OS. Unfortunately for me and several others 10.3.1 is a step back.
    02-28-15 06:17 AM
    @00101 fast is relative.
    Well, the lack of native apps forces me to use android apps.

And, at least on other devices the OS (android and ios) performs faster on older hardware.

I really can't understand why you say it is fast as the whole OS feels heavy, from launching apps to interaction (eg: how much time it takes the file picker to appear, opening a calendar appointment, etc)

Again, speed is relative.
    And from other phones I own (galaxy s2 with custom rom, iphone 5, nexus 5), the z10 is the slowest. It was always, since I got it. Not a 10.3 issue. Okay?

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:56 AM
    If your phone seems slow, it's probably because (pick one or two or more ) :
    - you didn't let a minimum of 25% free space in Internal Storage.
    - you have a lot of multimedia stuff and the phone is still indexing.
    - you enable encryption and it still works on it.
    - you have 1 bad or multiple bad app(s) with the "Run in the background" permission.
    - you keep app(s) opened in Active frame(s) with the "Run when minimized" permission.
    - you are in a bad network coverage area and some of your apps struggle to down/upload data.
    - and so on ...

This phone is quick, and I think even better with 10.3.1. "Quick" means "I tap and the content appears immediately". There is just the time for a short animation. That's all.

If you have issue, start by listing the apps you use, starting with the Android ones. Note that, when you reboot your phone, it's still working in the background (to set the Android runtime for example). So, yeah, I guess you can have some slow events if you start an Android app in the first 10 minutes or so after a restart.
    Last edited by Joshu42; 02-28-15 at 12:55 PM.
    c diamond and danifulger like this.
    02-28-15 10:08 AM
    If your phone seems slow, it's probably because (pick one or two or more ) :
    - you didn't let a minimum of 25% free space in Internal Storage.
    - you have a lot of multimedia stuff and the phone still indexing.
    - you enable encryption and it still works on it.
    - you have 1 bad or multiple bad apps wih the "Run in the background" permission.
    - you keep app opened in Active frame with the "Run when minimized" permission.
    - you are in a bad coverage area and some of your app struggles to down/up load data.
    - and so on ...

This phone is quick, and I think even better with 10.3.1. "Quick" means "I tap and the content appears immediately". There is just the time for a short animation. That's all.

If you have issue, start by listing the app you use, starting with the Android ones. Note that when you reboot your phone, it's still work in the background (to set the Android runtime for example). So, yeah, I guess you can have some slow events if you start an Android app in the first 10 minutes or so after a restart.
    Let's be realistic. It's 3 year old tech - the dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait / Adreno 225 combo is pretty paltry stuff. Considering that, the phone is quick enough to be useful, but you have to admit it feels a bit lethargic up against some of the quad core competition. I am constantly reminded of this when I tinker with my wife's Nexus 5.

One thing I've found which restores snappiness on any phone is a periodic clean (destructive) install of the OS - without running a restore. It's comparable to a fresh and clean reinstall of Windows, after a few months of use. The difference is remarkable, and I think it's worth the inconvenience of having to start (nearly) from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    lift and c diamond like this.
    02-28-15 10:39 AM
    Some changes are great:
    • the new selection circle. So much easier to position the cursor in a text.
    • the advanced interaction like 'flip to mute' (I'm missing them since I left my old Nokia).
    • the option to assign keyboard shortcuts to actions (like A to launch the addressbook)
    • endless folders
    • the "fixed" location of running apps on the homescreen, no more jumping around of the apps

but is this enough to oversee the negatives and step backs like
    • Confusing Calendar
    • Automatic expanding Overflow menu
    • Hub looks untidy and more cramped
    • Always visible big blue blob
    • Automatic scrolling to the bottom of the overflow menu and some screens
    • Confusing Music player - small lists instead of icons
    • Unpleasant default colours - lack of liveness
    • Ugly dialogs - looks like Win 1.0 and not 2015 style
    • worse WiFi performance

and of course
    • no able to launch an app from the Assistant by typing

Is it worth to upgrade? Good question - give it a try but make sure than you have an autoloader for 10.2.1 so that you can downgrade (or reverse upgrade) again as I did.
    I don't think, I will go "back" to 10.3 soon ...
    blue spot not hiding

WIFI has lowe range

True
    02-28-15 10:57 AM
233 ... 45678 ...