I have the low volume issue and I just went back to my trusty 10.2.1.3442. I know there are always issues with new OS updates. I think maybe I will skip this update and just wait and see if the next update fixes the issues I was having.
    02-23-15 09:52 AM
    Z50- how do you go back to the old OS? Do you do a factory reset then update to 10.2.1? Seems like a lot of work. Unless returning to a back up works?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:25 PM
    Z50- how do you go back to the old OS? Do you do a factory reset then update to 10.2.1? Seems like a lot of work. Unless returning to a back up works?

Posted via CB10
    You can use an autoloader. Search on the forum or Google for Q10 and 10.2.1.3442, and you'll find one. In fact that's what I did yesterday. Everything works fine.
    I can't help you about backups process because I always do fresh installations.
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 01:46 PM
    You can use an autoloader. Search on the forum or Google for Q10 and 10.2.1.3442, and you'll find one. In fact that's what I did yesterday. Everything works fine.
    I can't help you about backups process because I always do fresh installations.
    Yes, what 00101 (number 5 in binary) just wrote. I do the same thing. If you have important stuff you can not lose, then you need to do some kind of back-up first because an autoloader will wipe your device when it installs the OS.
    After you back-up and install the 10.2.1.3442 OS, be sure to switch off the auto updates switch.
    DidiStaneva likes this.
    02-23-15 03:11 PM
    I did it! I rollback 10.2.1 and everything is working perfectly like it used to be before the update. Now I've got my old good phone. I'm so thankful to Z50!
    Thank you indeed!! God bless people like you!
    anon(8080272) and lift like this.
    02-23-15 03:41 PM
    By the way, I found a little problem that wasn't present on 10.2.1.
    When I was responding to a text message in instant preview while watching a video for example, I was able to go to next line by pressing shift + enter. On 10.3.1, when I do the same, nothing happens, text doesn't go to next line and i'm forced to go to the interface of the message in the HUB to make shift + enter. Why ? It seems like a bug.
    I use a lot text messages and I like to keep my conversations clean ; it's irritating.
    Does anybody is subjected to this bug too ?
    02-23-15 03:56 PM
    By the way, I found a little problem that wasn't present on 10.2.1.
    When I was responding to a text message in instant preview while watching a video for example, I was able to go to next line by pressing shift + enter. On 10.3.1, when I do the same, nothing happens, text doesn't go to next line and i'm forced to go to the interface of the message in the HUB to make shift + enter. Why ? It seems like a bug.
    I use a lot text messages and I like to keep my conversations clean ; it's irritating.
    Does anybody is subjected to this bug too ?
    There seems to be lot's of changes that are not for the better along with lot's of bugs. I guess I am going to staying on 10.2.1 for a long time.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    02-23-15 04:13 PM
    I did it! I rollback 10.2.1 and everything is working perfectly like it used to be before the update. Now I've got my old good phone. I'm so thankful to Z50!
    Thank you indeed!! God bless people like you!
    I'm glad I could help you. It's nice being back on 10.2.1.3442. Also, welcome to CrackBerry!
    02-23-15 04:15 PM
    Notifications isn't loud enough, I hope that will improve in the future, fingers crossed anyway, not good enough!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:23 PM
    Well, 10.3.1 isn't so bad and it brings interesting features but the number of bugs like the one about enter + shift or notifications makes the OS and the general experience a bit irritating sometimes.
    We have to be patient, because BlackBerry will resolve these issues.

Epictetus once said : "If there's smoke in your house but you can live with that, stay. But if there's too much smoke, then leave." I think it describes perfectly the situation with this update. There're lots of bugs ; if you can't live with that, downgrade or go elsewhere. If you can, stay and be patient. Until there, our only solution is to wait and try to find workarounds.
    After all, it's only a phone OS. Maybe there're more valuable things in life.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    02-23-15 04:35 PM
    I think you put it into perspective very nicely.

Some of the bugs are annoyances.

The two that were huge problems, and that I'm surprised not to see on the list, are: 1) Phone stuck in SOS mode. 2) Phone would not charge.

That's not just smoke ... that's all out fire.
    02-23-15 05:37 PM
    I suspect that some of the problems being reported may be due to rushing too quickly get the update done. I got tried of waiting for my carrier (Telus) to notify me, so I ended up using Sachesi. Even if I had got the notice from Telus I would not have done it over my carrier data link or WiFi. I would have connected to my PC and used BB Link. I couldn't get a successful backup done with Sachesi so I did a full backup with BB Link. I wanted to be sure I could revert back to 10.2.1 if I had problems with the update or didn't like it. I also manually copied the contents of my phone's flash memory to my PC.

As recommended elsewhere in this forum I put my phone in Airplane mode. I also minimized the use of my PC while the update was in progress. Maybe I was just lucky, but the update on my Q5 went smoothly and I haven't experienced any of the problems which others have reported.
    02-23-15 06:34 PM
    My guess is that the low volume in the notifications only occur in the BlackBerry STL100-3, I have this problem
    02-24-15 12:30 AM
    I have the low volume issue and I just went back to my trusty 10.2.1.3442. I know there are always issues with new OS updates. I think maybe I will skip this update and just wait and see if the next update fixes the issues I was having.
    Has anyone been able to find a work-around the low volume issue? I almost missed my alarm this morning because it was so low.
    02-24-15 12:32 AM
    02-24-15 01:15 AM
    My guess is that the low volume in the notifications only occur in the BlackBerry STL100-3, I have this problem
    Q10 STL100-3 too, and I have this problem. Even if this has been reported on other phones, it seems to be particularly present on the Q10.
    02-24-15 01:20 AM
    It's like rearranging a growing puzzle while on top of a moving train while riding a unicycle. ok not quite but it's a common thing with any OS.

Posted via CB10
    I loled. This doesn't happen with ios and android. Talking by owning also a nexus 5 and iphone 5. So pleeeaseee.

10.3 is a big... failure imho (in terms of performance). I guess i've expected too much. Updated about 3-4 days ago. First days the battery consumption was extremely high, draining the battery in hours (phone was not used). And now, after 'settle period' (lol, what a joke..) the lag is still omnipresent . Also the android performance still sucks big time

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:34 AM
    I loled. This doesn't happen with ios and android. Talking by owning also a nexus 5 and iphone 5. So pleeeaseee.

10.3 is a big... failure imho (in terms of performance). I guess i've expected too much. Updated about 3-4 days ago. First days the battery consumption was extremely high, draining the battery in hours (phone was not used). And now, after 'settle period' (lol, what a joke..) the lag is still omnipresent . Also the android performance still sucks big time

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243

Posted via CB10
    I hear you.

Not to give BB any excuses, but it's reported the dev team is a shadow of its former glory. It's a skeleton crew, apparently, masquerading as a full-fledged consumer phone contender.

I picture a handful of skinny, bearded, underfed geeks in a dark and messy basement, living off coffee and struggling to meet deadlines.

It's kinda sad, really, but that's only thing that could explain such a half-baked roll-out of essential software.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:45 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my Q10, ringtone less than 50% of it's previous volume, alarm barely audible, and I'm getting a bit frustrated with the "fixes" and "workarounds" being offered. Putting your contact notifications up to maximum does not resolve the issue, neither does override phone volume, or any other setting. The workaround is a joke, I'm not editing my mp3's so that I can hear my phone ring I expect my phone to be able to pull off such a basic requirement. If that's the only solution BlackBerry can offer then I'm not sure they ever will get round to fixing it. I live in hope though.

So i'll give it a week maybe, see if it changes, and after that it looks like I'm back to 10.2.3442 the same as yourself. Thanks for the guide, I'm sure people will find it very useful.
    lift likes this.
    02-24-15 09:08 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my Q10, ringtone less than 50% of it's previous volume, alarm barely audible, and I'm getting a bit frustrated with the "fixes" and "workarounds" being offered. Putting your contact notifications up to maximum does not resolve the issue, neither does override phone volume, or any other setting. The workaround is a joke, I'm not editing my mp3's so that I can hear my phone ring I expect my phone to be able to pull off such a basic requirement. If that's the only solution BlackBerry can offer then I'm not sure they ever will get round to fixing it. I live in hope though.

So i'll give it a week maybe, see if it changes, and after that it looks like I'm back to 10.2.3442 the same as yourself. Thanks for the guide, I'm sure people will find it very useful.
    Agree.

I am quite pleased with 10.2.1 in all honesty. And now that the upgrade fiasco forced me to go through a clean install, it's lightning fast again with excellent battery life. A blessing in disguise.

Posted via CB10
    allwi and fkornre like this.
    02-24-15 09:27 AM
    I'm at my wits end - I have been going back and forth with TELUS regarding network connection issues but for the past three days I cant send texts consistently do not receive them all the time either.

I too experience the notification volume issue, the lag in brining up messages via email, all my previously side loaded android apps are gone and the newly deployed android app through this release does not launch - I have been trying for days and it just will not launch at all.

After being a loyal Blackberry user for over 10 years they have finally done it - I'm giving up on my beloved q10 berry and switching to android/ios unless they fix this soon
    02-24-15 09:43 AM
    I'm at my wits end - I have been going back and forth with TELUS regarding network connection issues but for the past three days I cant send texts consistently do not receive them all the time either.

I too experience the notification volume issue, the lag in brining up messages via email, all my previously side loaded android apps are gone and the newly deployed android app through this release does not launch - I have been trying for days and it just will not launch at all.

After being a loyal Blackberry user for over 10 years they have finally done it - I'm giving up on my beloved q10 berry and switching to android/ios unless they fix this soon
    I can definitely empathise, and I'm the same boat.

For me, rolling back to 10.2.1 (via an autoloader) restored my sanity, and gave me back a reliable phone. I suggest the same for you - and anyone in our predicament.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    02-24-15 10:11 AM
    Having volume issues with me phone volume is now half can't here notifications on my phone missing calls

Posted via CB10
    Posdas likes this.
    02-24-15 04:26 PM
    I can definitely empathise, and I'm the same boat.

For me, rolling back to 10.2.1 (via an autoloader) restored my sanity, and gave me back a reliable phone. I suggest the same for you - and anyone in our predicament.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Is it possible to roll back the Calendar only?

CB on Q10
    02-25-15 06:15 AM
    Re Volume please go into Notifications Normal Customise and then choose Overide Profile Volume for each of the app. And adjust Volume.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:20 AM
233 ... 34567 ...