The update has worked pretty well on my Z10 but the flip thing in advanced interactions does not work. The one feature I was really looking forward to using!!
    I personally think it's a massive improvement on 10.2 but of course will take some getting used to.
    I was majorly considering a switch to iPhone (I hate Android) but this has made me reconsider for now........
    Hoping for a few updates for the 'niggles' soonest.
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-21-15 02:54 PM
    You may be able to get it back to 10.2.1 if you use an autoloader. The procedure is to start the autoloader, with the phone connected to the PC via USB. You "long press" the phone's power button (hold for 10 seconds) to force a hard power-off of the phone - while it's still connected to the PC via USB.

That should get the flash procedure started. You'll know it's working if the phone's message light goes solid green.

Best of luck!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, I guess that means I have to go and learn how to do the autoloader thing again. So unhappy with this. And to think I actually considered staying with Blackberry. I have been a avid supporter all the way through, but this may just be the straw that broke the camels' back.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-21-15 02:59 PM
    Since update tonight and after several restarts I've noticed:

1. Lag in UI as well as apps.. esp android based
    2. Memory card not reading.. pictures app not scanning despite reinserting card
    3. Battery drain

Otherwise 10.3 looks amazing esp the hub.
    Anyone else share the above or have solution to memory card?

Posted via CB10
    My Q10 works perfectly fine after the upgrade. I'm in love with it. No issues at all (at least to me).
    02-21-15 05:03 PM
    Thank you, I guess that means I have to go and learn how to do the autoloader thing again. So unhappy with this. And to think I actually considered staying with Blackberry. I have been a avid supporter all the way through, but this may just be the straw that broke the camels' back.
    You can't be serious. There are no perfect platforms or OS updates out there. You just have back luck because all my devices (1 Z10 & 2 Z30s) all updated smoothly. Anyway, your happiness is paramount so maybe you should move on to where the grass seems greener and hope you are not in for a rude awakening. Cheers.
    02-21-15 06:27 PM
    same problem here.. have u found any solution??
    I had to use an autoloader, to flash it back to 10.2.1.

No other option until Blackberry issues a fixed OS (for those affected).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-21-15 06:48 PM
    I had several versions of 10.3.1 on my Z30. I started with an autoloader then did the Blitz upgrades but I was having mixed results with some of the features.
    I finally got the 10.3.1.1581 SR. autoloader, installed it and I'm very pleased. I am not having 95% of the issues people are talking about in the forums. I also have a Z10 (STL100-3 model) running autoloader 10.1.3.1565 SR. It also doesn't have 99% of these problems. My Z10 is AA&T unlocked and my Z30 is direct from shop blackberry. I will wait until they release any updates for them... But overall, I'm well pleased.
    One last thing... you know how comments are made in the forums about "this was the last straw... or that's it, I'm moving to iPhone or android..." - again, if you want a phone to play games, go ahead and leave to your so called "greener pastures".
    You probably were never an original blackberry user to begin with or came to the platform looking for the android / Apple replacement. Sorry it didn't work for you. I had my share of issues with blackberry 10 phones and I will admit that 90% of it was my doing or lack of knowledge of the Os.
    I've worked with IT both in the military (Defense Department) and public sector now, every user I've supported their smart phones and that really wants productivity as its main goal, will tell you - get me a Blackberry!
    02-21-15 07:59 PM
    I had to use an autoloader, to flash it back to 10.2.1.

No other option until Blackberry issues a fixed OS (for those affected).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Can u please provide with the procedure to do so. Never done it before that's y bit hesitant that I might brick my Z30. Thanx

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 05:53 AM
    I feel your pain. I am in the same position. I've tried to revert to 10.2.1 using an autoloader with no luck. That's actually not true, the older OS loaded just fine, but I couldn't manage to get it to work for me. So, I installed this blessed waste of time 10.3.1 and I now have an ex0pensive piece of crap that won't even allow me to make phone calls using a bluetooth headset. I have to have the device in my hand to dial the number or to push the speed dial key. This is worse than the original cell phone I had in 1989.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:07 AM
    After the update my wifi connection just keeps on dropping off itried resetting the phone and restoring it to a previous state but its not downgrading.. Any idea?
    02-22-15 09:45 AM
    Could anyone please explain in details how you did the rollback? I have tried by Lync, but nothing happened. It started again with 10.3. The one and only wish I have is to get back my perfect working, beautiful and useful phone instead of this ugly and useless piece of crap - I work in noisy environment, take calls every 10-20 min, e-mails every minute or two ... I can't hear anything!!!
    lift likes this.
    02-22-15 10:15 AM
    Why would it Zoom in? do you have magnification turned on? Check accessibility settings.

Posted via CB10
    I updated 3 days ago and it defaulted to magnify 'on.' I fixed it now. Many thanks.
    02-22-15 10:23 AM
    Not really a problem, but when I go into hub and press/hold an email, I get the options bar come in from the right.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to move items on this list higher up ?
    I use the 'select more' option to select multiple e-mails before deleting them and it is at the bottom of the list, off the page
    02-22-15 10:57 AM
    Can u please provide with the procedure to do so. Never done it before that's y bit hesitant that I might brick my Z30. Thanx

Posted via CB10
    How to locate, download, and unpack the autloader:

Go here.

Go to 10.2.1.

Go to OS + Radio

Go to 10.2.1.3442 - This was the "official" Rogers release, anyway ... yours may be slightly different, depending on location.

Select the appropriate file for your phone - it looks like only Z10 owners have be be careful here, since there are 3 versions.

- You will end up at a black page. Press the "Download" button on the top right hand corner.

After the file has downloaded, you will need to use a utility called 7zip to unpack the file, which will then give you the autoloader.

To flash your phone:

Start the autoloader, by double clicking on the .exe.

Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.[/B]

Long-press the power (10 or more seconds) key so that phone completely resets.

- You will know it is successful if your phone's message light turns solid green.
    - You will also see progress in the Command window opened by the autoloader.

For those with a dead battery, it may be possible to resurrect the dead phone by removing the battery, connecting the USB cable, then either pressing the power button, or long-pressing the power button, to start the flash procedure.

Note, for phones on which 10.3.1 doesn't work, using the autoloader for 10.3.1 does not appear to make a difference. You'll likely have to flash back to 10.2.1 until Blackberry addresses the issue with an OS release that works on our phones.

Best of luck!

** Update ** You may want to disable Automatic Software Update as soon as you boot into 10.2.1, to prevent the phone from auto-updating to 10.3.1 ... at least until a fixed version is released.
    Last edited by sgosh; 02-22-15 at 02:26 PM.
    02-22-15 11:30 AM
    Not really a problem, but when I go into hub and press/hold an email, I get the options bar come in from the right.
    I use the 'select more' option to select multiple e-mails before deleting them and it is at the bottom of the list, off the page
    No, you can't reorder these items. But, if you're using a device with a physical keyboard, use the delete key. Saves scrolling.
    02-22-15 11:46 AM
    Could anyone please explain in details how you did the rollback? I have tried by Lync, but nothing happened. It started again with 10.3. The one and only wish I have is to get back my perfect working, beautiful and useful phone instead of this ugly and useless piece of crap - I work in noisy environment, take calls every 10-20 min, e-mails every minute or two ... I can't hear anything!!!
    I've posted a quick how-to on this page. Good luck.
    02-22-15 12:03 PM
    Because now, you have the HUB "Instant Actions" feature. Tap the icon in the top-right corner, then the little bin near each email you want to delete.
    02-22-15 12:41 PM
    I've posted a quick how-to on this page. Good luck.
    I saw it but tought that is for Z30. You mean it is the same for Q10, right?
    02-22-15 12:54 PM
    All notifications volume decreased 20-40% lower after update to 10.3. Phone is uselless now.

Any help? Will this be solved by todays update or will I have to wait for tomorrow like *****?

Thanks
    02-22-15 01:04 PM
    I saw it but tought that is for Z30. You mean it is the same for Q10, right?
    The procedure is the same for all OS 10 devices. Just be sure you download the appropriate autoloader for your device - Q10_10.2.01.3442_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5.7z if you have a Q10, for example.
    DidiStaneva likes this.
    02-22-15 01:07 PM
    All notifications volume decreased 20-40% lower after update to 10.3. Phone is uselless now.

Any help? Will this be solved by todays update or will I have to wait for tomorrow like *****?

Thanks
    The issue appears to be that the audio files themselves are recorded at a much lower volume. One user in another forum went to the trouble of copying the files off the phone, using audio-editing software to "normalize" the files (increase their volume to normal), then copy them back to the phone. It's quite a tedious procedure, but it will work.

Alternatively, you can hope that Blackberry fixes (it's not really broken ... ) the volume levels of the audio files in a future update, that is if you're extremely patient....
    02-22-15 01:12 PM
    The issue appears to be that the audio files themselves are recorded at a much lower volume.
    Not sure about this. I use the same custom ringtone stored on my SD card before and after the update. I did max out all the volume slider, still the ring volume is much lower.
    02-22-15 01:31 PM
    thanks for your try guys,anywas I do NOT use any custom ringtones.. I use that integrated in phone(FRESH)
    02-22-15 02:13 PM
    Not sure about this. I use the same custom ringtone stored on my SD card before and after the update. I did max out all the volume slider, still the ring volume is much lower.
    You are correct. I had a custom ringtone that was very loud on 10.2.1 and it is now much lower on 10.3.1. BlackBerry messed something up with the Q10 and this update. It seems like the issue affects the Passport a little, but affects the Q10 the most.
    02-22-15 02:13 PM
    ... I stand corrected. Not sure what to suggest.
    02-22-15 02:21 PM
    I've had the volume issues; BBLink at first didn't want to back up the phone afterwards. I've also had issues with receiving but especially sending texts (only text - not bbm or anything else). It comes and goes. Weird because the issue started almost a full day after the update was completed.
    02-23-15 09:44 AM
233 ... 23456 ...