Hello folks. I ve just updated my Q10. Although yet going through the changes in this new update, but the very first problem I ve come across is with mobile hotspot. Every time I start Hotspot either from quick settings dropdown or network and connections in settings, it asks to set password again and again. After entwring password and saving the hotspot settings when I try to start hotspot it get stcuk with loading circle and wont connect. On the other hand teathering function is working perfectly fine. Is there any one else having same problem? Any solutions?
    02-21-15 01:34 AM
    You can still customize things they've just made it less intuitive, or maybe more so but changes take getting used to, so go to:
    (Quick) Settings > Notifications >
    Then you can either click "Normal", "Phone Calls Only" etc. OR Click "+ ADD" on the bottom and create a NEW Profile ("Normal", "Phone Calls Only" etc. is ALSO a Profile... you will find your new Profile at the bottom of that list for future reference).

Once in one of those profiles, choose " Customise App Notifications" ...and then I think it's self explanatory from there...

Hope this fixes one annoyance of the many 10.3 has caused :/
    I am having the same problem. Although, I am happy that my previous settings remained intact, but this new upgrade added a vibration setting on all my message notifications, with Text Messages, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp & my e-mail accounts.
    I need to change this ASAP & I am not sure how. I was able to remove the vibration setting from WhatsApp thought the setting of the app itself, but for all others....I'm lost. HELP!
    Am I missing something?
    02-21-15 01:54 AM
    The other thing I don't like about 10.3 is I am now missing instant action. The BlackBerry assistant makes it even slower.

Posted via CB10
    killkenny1 likes this.
    02-21-15 02:01 AM
    I am also having lags in UI, but I will let it settle down.
    My file manager is now showing multiple pc's paired, but I am not able to access my pc through even one of them.

Problems with new 10.3-img_20150221_135358.png

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 02-21-15 at 12:32 PM.
    02-21-15 02:24 AM
    Now what the heck is this....how does this attached two pics while I have uploaded a single image?
    Unhappy with this official update.
    Can someone delete my above post please?

02-21-15 02:26 AM
    The other thing I don't like about 10.3 is I am now missing instant action. The BlackBerry assistant makes it even slower.

Posted via CB10
    This. I was so used typing "msg - contact mane - Enter - message - Enter" that after update it feels so out of place. Msg command no longer works for me for some reason, and after typing sms/txt then contact name I get this text window without my previous text history, which is a real downgrade, and after I done typing message, hitting Enter just goes down a line instead of sending a message, so I have to touch the onscreen Send button. Really breaks my flow...
    RIM must let off turn off Assistant.
    Joshu42 likes this.
    02-21-15 05:55 AM
    1. The Calendar is now worse than before.
    There is already a thread on that so I won't elaborate.
    2. I tried using BlackBerry Assistant and it was way off on the voice recognition.
    It's basically unchanged from the frustratingly fruitless experience it is with 10.2.1, so as to be useless.
    I tried the same command on Siri to make sure it wasn't me (even spoke quicker) and it performed it immediately.
    3. Editing is uneven. Like moving the cursor up and down a few sentences to insert it where I needed it in a paragraph, is consistently difficult and frustrating and worse than with 10.2.1.
    It seems like they've returned it to the state of time consuming ineptitude of OS10.0
    4. The white flash that occurs every time I touch the screen, whether to scroll or edit adds to the difficulty due to the effect the sudden brightness has on the ocular senses. If you have light sensitive eyes it will be annoying.
    5. On a personal note, I don't like the red box stretching across the full width of the screen when I disconnect on a call.
    6. BlackBerry miniaturized the color coding that defined incoming, outgoing,missed calls and voice mail to that of a small icon. It's now so small as to be unnoticed and difficult for someone who needs glasses and doesn't have them. That larger color coding was good feature that made it easier to see what was taking place in the phone log.
    7. Who forced upon us the Pea Green color in both the phone and calendar apps?
    8. Basically this is a minor upgrade that removed some of the important functionality of 10.2.1 along with some of the visual elegance, while leaving existing flaws in place while adding more flaws others.
    Imo BlackBerry's existing design team doesn't get it. Clearly they think it's okay to make their users wait only to foist an unprofessional product on us.
    BlackBerry should put together a design team that understands what makes other phones so popular while maintaining what their customers likeand don't like about their existing OS.
    But then they would have to care enough to pay attention to us first.

I'm moving back to 10.2.1

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-21-15 at 11:47 AM.
    andy957, Lag_Fisher, allwi and 1 others like this.
    02-21-15 11:03 AM
    When I did the new update it worked okay for the first couple of hours and now i cant even use my phone it will still turn on and everything but when i touch the screen nothing happens the new update froze my phone on the home screen and ive tried turning it off and back on and taking the battery out for the night and putting it back in, I've also restored the phone back to factory defaults and still the same problem, does anyone know why this is happening my phone worked perfect and then this new update screwed it all up HELP!
    andy957 likes this.
    02-21-15 11:22 AM
    Since update tonight and after several restarts I've noticed:

1. Lag in UI as well as apps.. esp android based
    2. Memory card not reading.. pictures app not scanning despite reinserting card
    3. Battery drain

Otherwise 10.3 looks amazing esp the hub.
    Anyone else share the above or have solution to memory card?

Posted via CB10
    Did your card index after 8 hours or so? I had the same issue. I took my card out. Rebooted my phone by holding the up and down buttons and then when it had rebooted, reinserted my card. It indexed in about 10 minutes. (I had waited 4 hours before that to see if it would sort itself out....)
    02-21-15 11:33 AM
    The Calendar is now worse than before.
    There is already a thread on that so I won't elaborate.
    I tried using BlackBerry Assistant and it was way off on the voice recognition.
    It's basically unchanged from the frustratingly fruitless experience it is with 10.2.1, so as to be useless.
    I tried the same command on Siri to make sure it wasn't me (even spoke quicker) and it performed it immediately.
    Editing is uneven. Like moving the cursor up and down a few sentences to insert it where I needed it in a paragraph, is consistently difficult and frustrating and worse than with 10.2.1.
    It seems like they've returned it to the state of time consuming ineptitude of OS10.0
    The white flash that occurs every time I touch the screen, whether to scroll or edit adds to the difficulty due to the effect the sudden brightness has on the ocular senses. If you have light sensitive eyes it will be annoying.
    I personally don't like the red box stretching across the full width of the screen when I disconnect on a call.
    BlackBerry miniaturized the color coding that defined incoming, outgoing,missed calls and voice mail to that of a small icon. It's now so small as to be unnoticed and difficult for someone who needs glasses and doesn't have them. That larger color coding was good feature that made it easier to see what was taking place in the phone log.
    Basically this is a minor upgrade that removed some of the important functionality of 10.2.1 along with some of the visual elegance, while leaving existing flaws in place as it adds others.
    Imo BlackBerry doesn't get it and should put together a design team that understands what makes other phones so popular while maintaining what their like about their existing OS.

I'm moving back to 10.2.1

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Voice recognition is something that needs to be learned. Work at it and it will get better.
    The red call ended bar across the screen is a minor cosmetic change. Deal with it.
    My screen does not white flash every tim e I touch it.

You have a bad install. Re-load the OS.
    or go back to 10.2.
    Enjoy!
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-21-15 11:36 AM
    Now what the heck is this....how does this attached two pics while I have uploaded a single image?

You can change this yourself. Go to edit and when you get there go to advanced.
    There is a manage attachment section and you can check off which item you want to keep or delete.
    02-21-15 11:38 AM
    02-21-15 11:39 AM
    When I did the new update it worked okay for the first couple of hours and now i cant even use my phone it will still turn on and everything but when i touch the screen nothing happens the new update froze my phone on the home screen and ive tried turning it off and back on and taking the battery out for the night and putting it back in, I've also restored the phone back to factory defaults and still the same problem, does anyone know why this is happening my phone worked perfect and then this new update screwed it all up HELP!
    You probably enabled the Screen Reader BETA accessibility feature. Press quickly the power button 3 times to disable it. You can go to the settings to disable this shortcut for good.
    02-21-15 11:55 AM
    Since updating once I am on the blackberry hub, I cannot get back to the home screen. I am stuck on the hub.
    Any suggestions?
    02-21-15 12:03 PM
    Videos will not play in the video app, screen goes black and will not play however video will play in camera app! Is there a fix for this yet?
    02-21-15 12:32 PM

Done. I happened on your request by happy coincidence. In the future, if you need such assistance, feel free to use the "report" button to bring your request to our attention. The first Mod to see the report will help you out.
    02-21-15 12:34 PM
    I have no issues, device working fine. Sorry for those not enjoying the roll-out of new software.
    02-21-15 12:41 PM
    Since upload yesterday I lost the funktion on te keaboard Nordic: i, o, p, k and l to reach the Nordic letters throug dubbel tap. Please Help. It just happened. Without that funktion
    I am having the same problem, with the new OS it doesn't take the p, l or backspace when "magnify mode" is enabled. You have to disable it when you want to type a message. It's a pain because I really like the magnify mode, but you can just enable it when you need it. It was like that a few versions ago and then they fixed it.
    02-21-15 12:59 PM
    Wow didn't think there'll be so many ppl complaining haha. Well I've formatted mem card and given the os some time and it's all back to normal now. No more lag. Batt lfe near back to 10.2. Happy days!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:53 PM
    Download went effortlessly but phone will still NOT turn on. I re-started the reboot at 5:30pm yesterday after the battery died at 96% completed. It is now 3:15pm the next day and I am at 98%, which it has now been at for about 4 hours. It was previously at 97% for longer than 3 hours also. I really do not want to take the battery out and start again when I am already on my 3rd try! And, I cannot go in the phone to go back to 10.2 because..... I can't get into the phone!!!
    I've been now without use of my BB since 8am on Friday morning. Please help!

z-10 from Rogers, purchased on DAY 1 of Z-10 in Canada
    02-21-15 02:20 PM
    Ya can't please everyone. I like the calendar and how I'm notified in the Hub of up coming appts or birthdays.

Voice recognition works perfectly for me. Earlier versions didn't.

I can't stand apple. Proprietary this, proprietary that.
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-21-15 02:26 PM
    What the flipping hell just happened to my phone?! This update is horrible!! The icons are tiny, the hub doesn't work properly, there's extra swipes for everything...**** I wanna go back

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:32 PM
    Download went effortlessly but phone will still NOT turn on. I re-started the reboot at 5:30pm yesterday after the battery died at 96% completed. It is now 3:15pm the next day and I am at 98%, which it has now been at for about 4 hours. It was previously at 97% for longer than 3 hours also. I really do not want to take the battery out and start again when I am already on my 3rd try! And, I cannot go in the phone to go back to 10.2 because..... I can't get into the phone!!!
    I've been now without use of my BB since 8am on Friday morning. Please help!

z-10 from Rogers, purchased on DAY 1 of Z-10 in Canada
    You may be able to get it back to 10.2.1 if you use an autoloader. The procedure is to start the autoloader, with the phone connected to the PC via USB. You "long press" the phone's power button (hold for 10 seconds) to force a hard power-off of the phone - while it's still connected to the PC via USB.

That should get the flash procedure started. You'll know it's working if the phone's message light goes solid green.

Best of luck!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:42 PM
    I have to say now that I have a new Q10 and the restore process gave me this miserable 10.3.1 upgrade, making a phone c0all with my Bluetooth has gone from a simple push button, state who I wish to call two step process to a mind blowing waste of time through four requests (due to the assistant not being able to understand what I am saying), add to that it asking me what number I wish to call, plus repeating the number (number by number) twice, before I became fed up with it and risked the multiple hundred dollar fine and four points for having the device in my hand while driving to simply push the speed dial key.

Give me a break BlackBerry! Take us back to a simpler time (yesterday in my case) and allow us to save three minutes while making a phone call.

Posted using my Q10
    Attached Thumbnails Problems with new 10.3-giselle-2_2_edit_edit.jpg  
    02-21-15 02:46 PM
    I have no idea how that photo ended up in my post. How do I go about reverting to 10.2?

Posted using my Q10
    02-21-15 02:47 PM
233 12345 ...