I just got my Q10 yesterday on T-Mobile, and I'm loving it.

However, I do have one big issue.

I am trying to set up my work e-mail, which uses exchange. I enter all of the appropriate information, but when I click 'next,' it gives me the message, "Your device is connected to a network, but the Internet service is not available. Check your network settings."

Now, this is blatantly untrue because I'm sitting in the exact same spot using the Internet right now. I have a 4g signal, and the BlackBerry icon appears next to that signal.

I read somewhere that this issue crops up for anyone using port 80--but I don't have control over whether my school uses SSL or not.

Has anyone else had this issue and discovered a solution?
    06-06-13 07:49 AM
    I'm guessing you have a BlackBerry data package with your carrier, right?

Also, did you happen to connect to WIFI, and then try it?

PS: moving to a better forum to draw more answers
    06-06-13 10:21 AM
    Why would it require a different Blackberry data plan? I have unlimited data. All of my other e-mail accounts work.
    06-06-13 10:37 AM
    Have you tried a long press on the power button and keep holding it till "Blackberry" appears on the screen while the red LED is on?

I couldn't connect to set up my email (it was a Gmail account using Imap) but after the long power button press, the set-up completed without a hitch.
    06-06-13 11:11 AM
    Have you tried a long press on the power button and keep holding it till "Blackberry" appears on the screen while the red LED is on?

I couldn't connect to set up my email (it was a Gmail account using Imap) but after the long power button press, the set-up completed without a hitch.
    That won't handle the problem. The Blackberry icon appears next to my signal bar. I'm also on WiFi.

I have ideas for workarounds, but I haven't been able to pull them off yet.

IDEA 1
    Create a rule in Outlook Web Access to autoforward my e-mail to another address. I played with this a bit, but can't seem to get it to work. It should work, but it doesn't.

IDEA 2
    Set up an e-mail client on my home computer that autoforwards my e-mail to another address. The problem is that I'm not having much luck with getting this to work either.

It sucks that my dinky Android phone is able to access my account but my Q10 isn't.
    06-08-13 08:08 PM
    Have you tried setting up an outlook.com account? Once setup I think you can add your original email address to have the Outlook.com account retrieve your mail. You would then setup that Outlook.com account on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 09:33 PM
    According to some pretentious tech on here its your wifi not the phone. Lol. Its not. I had the same issue and rebooting the Q10 corrected the problem. Hope it works for you.
    06-08-13 09:58 PM
    So you're saying that I should turn off WiFi? I've rebooted the phone multiple times. I can try the outlook.com idea, but is that a service that costs money? I'd prefer not to have to pay if possible.
    06-10-13 01:10 PM
    Try the different SSL Options fpr the Account!

It can be that you have to use a certificate to get Exchange working. Ask in your School IT dep..
    06-10-13 02:07 PM
    Try the different SSL Options fpr the Account!

It can be that you have to use a certificate to get Exchange working. Ask in your School IT dep..
    06-10-13 02:08 PM
    I remembered that I was able to use my e-mail on the K9 e-mail client for Android. A quick peek in BlackBerry World revealed that K9 is a ported app.

I installed it and got it setup to access the account in question. It's not a perfect solution, but it is functional for now.

As far as trying different SSL options, I really don't think that is the issue. Remember: The phone is telling me that I don't have Internet access. It reports this error instantly. There isn't even enough time for the settings to be rejected by the server at work.

Clearly, it's a bug with BB10 software in this case, as I am able to access the same e-mail account using the same settings on the K9 client.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:13 AM
    make sure you are using the advanced settings option for setting up your account. it's easy to blow past this option when adding an account. if you are just using the email address field to add it doesn't seem to work for Exchange servers.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:44 AM
    i had the same problems and think its when you have the following combinations:
    OS: 10.1 variant on the Q10 leaks (forgot which one could well be the 10.1.0.273)
    EAS: port 80

the way i solved it was to revert to a previous version, I am using 10.1.0.238 which is working fine
    can search KB Article ID: KB34244

or
    KB34244-"Your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available. Check your network settings." is displayed when setting up a personal Microsoft ActiveSync account on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone using port 80

for official response
    06-16-13 11:41 PM
    i had the same problems and think its when you have the following combinations:
    OS: 10.1 variant on the Q10 leaks (forgot which one could well be the 10.1.0.273)
    EAS: port 80

the way i solved it was to revert to a previous version, I am using 10.1.0.238 which is working fine
    can search KB Article ID: KB34244

or
    KB34244-"Your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available. Check your network settings." is displayed when setting up a personal Microsoft ActiveSync account on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone using port 80

for official response
    any update on this issue? i'm on 10.1.0.273 T-mobile and the problem is still there. i'm going to upgrade to 10.1.0.4633, but i'm not sure it will fix
    07-17-13 08:56 PM
    The issue is still there for me. I'm also on T-Mobile.

My suggestion is to use K9 for now until we get an OS update.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 11:41 PM
    When I was getting that error, I turned off wifi and then went through the steps. I also toggled SSL to "off". That worked for me. Everything kept working when I turned wifi back on.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:13 AM
    The issue is still there for me. I'm also on T-Mobile.

My suggestion is to use K9 for now until we get an OS update.

Posted via CB10
    i'm using 10.1.0.4633 and it's fixed. let's try it
    07-18-13 01:27 AM
    Two weeks ago, I spent 5 frustrating hours at an AT&T store while they tried to set up my Network Solutions emails on my new Blackberry. Hopeless! After lengthy calls both to Network Solutions and Blackberry, the bottom line was that the problem is with Blackberry. AT&T refunded the phone.
    07-20-13 08:38 AM