I bought the phone twice in a year. I'm not an *****. It didn't work for me.. Period.

Look at my post history from last year. It didn't work for me then... I came I here hoping 10.2 would have solved it.

Apparently I have to angle my thumb a certain way to enable it.

I'm not trying argue over stupid things online, but it is an important function of my day to day.

Thanks again for your help... I guess we are supposed to be all smiles on this forum with this software

Andy
    03-16-14 11:03 AM
    I bought the phone twice in a year. I'm not an *****. It didn't work for me.. Period.

Look at my post history from last year. It didn't work for me then... I came I here hoping 10.2 would have solved it.

I'm not trying argue over stupid things online, but it is an important function of my day to day.

Thanks again for your help... I guess we are supposed to be all smiles on this forum with this software

Andy
    Holy crap man. I'm telling that it does work on 10.2 so does everyone else who tested it for you. Why do you keep ignoring that and stating that you will not buy the phone again?
    Great don't buy it but don't also keep spreading that this copy and paste thing doesn't work as it has been proven to you by many in this thread as you requested.
    You keep avoiding the answer to the question you came here to get and answer to.
    And finally it has nothing to do with all smiles here either....but stop with the run around garbage. you asked if it worked and everyone showed you that it does yet you continually keep saying "I guess it hasn't been fixed" when it clearly HAS. So ya don't be smiles but also don't purposely argue things that have been proven to be true to you and you fail to acknowledge.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 11:23 AM
    Actually, two of the people that replied in this thread other than OP said it didn't work for them.

It works for you, we get it.

You've nothing to offer OP, not even sympathy.

You're just here to tell him that it works for everyone else/

Also, I thought you were done?
    03-16-14 11:26 AM

Andy
    Akular, people are trying to get info to assist with the problem.

I've spent time testing variations of this on a Q10 running 10.2.0.1803, a z10 running 10.2.1.2141, and a z30 running 10.2.1.2156 trying to duplicate your error. So far I have been unable to. Once a number has been copied on each phone from the call history screen it copies anywhere I hit paste in the OS.

Are there any other clues you can give us? Are you on BES? Is this on the work or personal side?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 11:27 AM
    Man if there is a way to do it from contacts with a z10 please let me know I can't seem to be able to do either
    03-16-14 11:28 AM
    Man if there is a way to do it from contacts with a z10 please let me know I can't seem to be able to do either
    That, sadly, cannot be done.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 11:47 AM
    I said before it works fine, but since found the same weird behaviour mentioned before. Time for a summary:

Only phonenumber copied since reboot:
    - copying works from call screen (tested with ClipMan, it shows in history).
    - can paste to dialer.
    - can paste to any text entry field.

Other text copied before copying phone number:
    - can paste to dialer.
    - can paste phone number to Title in Remember, but pasting to 'Additional' gives the previous copied text, not the phonenumber!
    - can paste to any other text entry field without problems.

So in situation 1, when there is nothing in the clipboard history, the phone number always pastes correctly. Unfortunately there is no way to 'clear' the clipboard history in the OS. (There is in ClipMan, the dev added it after I asked for it).

I have not been able to reproduce akular1's problem where it does not copy the phone number at all, so no help there sorry.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Oddsocket and jonty12 like this.
    03-16-14 12:01 PM
    Thanks, that's good to know.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:14 PM
    10.2.1.2228 last OS, and works. Long tap on the phone no in the phone history list and on the right side got the vertical menu with the copy option. Went to BlackBerry Remember and paste the number. Works

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    03-16-14 12:17 PM
    Actually, two of the people that replied in this thread other than OP said it didn't work for them.

It works for you, we get it.

You've nothing to offer OP, not even sympathy.

You're just here to tell him that it works for everyone else/

Also, I thought you were done?
    Actually the OP doesn't own a Q10 since he's asking the question to see if 3rd time is a charm for him, then I am offering a lot since I told and showed him that you can clearly copy phone numbers from the call screen. Others have shown and told him the same thing. You are the one offering nothing since you and him continually say it's doesn't work when it clearly does.
    But you keep saying it doesn't...

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:35 PM
    Please take the time to actually read posts you criticize. We have already chimed in and said that copying works (on most recent OS versions).
    But some (me included) have found an issue where it does not copy the phone number to the 'Additional' field on a Remember note. It pastes any previously copied text there if available.
    That is why Oddsocket said it did not work when he tried.
    ...You are the one offering nothing since you and him continually say it's doesn't work when it clearly does...
    03-16-14 12:48 PM
    I said before it works fine, but since found the same weird behaviour mentioned before. Time for a summary:

Only phonenumber copied since reboot:
    - can paste to dialer.
    - can paste to any text entry field.

Other text copied before copying phone number:
    - can paste to dialer.
    - can paste phone number to Title in Remember, but pasting to 'Additional' gives the previous copied text, not the phonenumber!
    - can paste to any other text entry field without problems.

So in situation 1, when there is nothing in the clipboard history, the phone number always pastes correctly. Unfortunately there is no way to 'clear' the clipboard history in the OS. (There is in ClipMan, the dev added it after I asked for it).

I have not been able to reproduce akular1's problem where it does not copy the phone number at all, so no help there sorry.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Bingo. Duplicated. Strange bug. If a few people report it, it should get fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 02:29 PM
    A simple workaround (until the bug is fixed) would be to paste the number on the "Title" field in the Remember app, copy it again from there and paste it on the "Additional notes" field.

(and of course edit the "Title" field afterwards)

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    Oddsocket likes this.
    03-16-14 02:55 PM
    Q5, OS 10.2.1.2141.

I could recreate the bug:

empty clipboard (after device boot):
    can copy any number in any format from call history screen and paste into any text field in all other apps.
    When copying another number, after clipboard was filled with a previous number, copy and paste of the new number works fine.

Clipbard filled with random text:
    when copying a number from call history and trying to paste it anywhere, the previous clipboard content (ranom text) gets pasted, instead of the copied number.

So far, I could not find a workaround, other than clearing the clipboard by rebooting the phone.

Clearly a bug that needs to get fixed.
    03-16-14 03:04 PM
    Clipbard filled with random text:
    when copying a number from call history and trying to paste it anywhere, the previous clipboard content (ranom text) gets pasted, instead of the copied number.
    Are you sure the bug appears on apps other than the Remember app? I cannot reproduce it on Docs To Go.

For the Remember app there is the simple workaround mentioned in my previous post.

--------------------

03-16-14 03:10 PM
    If someone could test this, I would really appreciate it. Please be sure to copy the number from the CALL HISTORY screen and see if it pastes the number into the notes app

thx again!
    Andy
    Works for me, for both:
    Calls Made
    Calls Received

Pasted in the following places:
    Notes field in a contact
    In Remember App
    In Evernote App

You can see my OS details in the signature below - are you updated to the latest OS?
    03-16-14 03:26 PM
    Can't replicate bug with Docs to Go, but I can with Evernote.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 03:27 PM
    Are you sure the bug appears on apps other than the Remember app? I cannot reproduce it on Docs To Go.

For the Remember app there is the simple workaround mentioned in my previous post.

--------------------

To be more precise, I tried it in Remember and in the sms app. Also in sms the old text got pasted instead of the new number.
    However, now after a device restart, I can no longer reproduce it in sms. Maybe a mistake that I made, I'm not sure.

So, I also tried it in a reply to - email, and in a new email, and in both cases I could also reproduce the bug, even after the device restart (and after having filled the clipboard with random text before copying a number from call log).
    I can confirm the bug does also not show in DocsToGo.
    So on my end, I can confirm the bug to show in Remember and in email. Email behaves in the same manner as Remember: paste into subject pastes the number correctly. Paste into the text field pastest the old text.
    03-16-14 03:33 PM
    Works for me, for both:
    Calls Made
    Calls Received

Pasted in the following places:
    Notes field in a contact
    In Remember App
    In Evernote App

You can see my OS details in the signature below - are you updated to the latest OS?
    Copy a random text string, then try again to copy a number from call log and paste into Remember text field. Does the number show, or the random text string?
    03-16-14 03:35 PM
    Can copy from call history to anywhere, including 'Additional notes' section. No issues on Q and Z. Always pastes the last copied item. Works as expected.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2228 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2228
    03-16-14 03:45 PM
    Can copy from call history to anywhere, including 'Additional notes' section. No issues on Q and Z. Always pastes the last copied item. Works as expected.

Try copying text and pasting in the additional section. Then copy from the call history and try to past there again... for some reason it will paste the previous text, not the number.

But seems like it only happens to the remember app.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 03:56 PM

Even after copying some non-numeric string of characters first? It works if your clipboards was empty or only had a phone number in before trying to copy/paste.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 03:57 PM
    @bobshine and @Oddsocket: I see what you are referring to now. Previously copied non-phone string being pasted into 'Additional notes' section.

03-16-14 04:20 PM
    @bobshine and @Oddsocket: I see what you are referring to now. Previously copied non-phone string being pasted into 'Additional notes' section.

Weird bug. Someone know how to report it to BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 06:17 PM
    Weird bug. Someone know how to report it to BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    In theory, they read these threads.
    There is a section 'bug reports' in the BB Beta zone forum where people also seem to report on bugs in 'official' versions. I tried it a few times, got a thank you message back from them in response to one post, and nothing for the others.
    I also sent them several requests for support through their twitter support account but did not get one single answer back. Kinda annoying. Yes, I follow them, which is mandatory to get anwswers back, as stated in their profile....
    The official support pages are so overwhelmingly huge and complex that I always get totally lost when trying to find something.

If somebody knows the one and only way to report bugs or to get support, I would be very interested too.
    03-16-14 06:38 PM
83 1234