Hi there

That person was me regarding the Q10 purchase. It hasn't worked for me and I just tried it... Unfortunately still not working. It works when copying text from another app without a problem.... But not from the call history. I cannot copy numbers from call history specifically from the call history screen... This is crucial for me.. And I cannot get it to work for some reason. Still an issue here. This phone is not in 10.2

Andy
    03-16-14 09:52 AM
    Hi there

That person was me regarding the Q10 purchase. It hasn't worked for me and I just tried it... Unfortunately still not working. It works when copying text from another app without a problem.... But not from the call history. I cannot copy numbers from call history specifically from the call history screen... This is crucial for me.. And I cannot get it to work for some reason. Still an issue here. This phone is not in 10.2

Andy
    That could be it. Have you tried to update to 10.2? What carrier?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 09:53 AM
    That could be it. Have you tried to update to 10.2? What carrier?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 09:54 AM
    If someone could test this, I would really appreciate it. Please be sure to copy the number from the CALL HISTORY screen and see if it pastes the number into the notes app

thx again!
    Andy
    I'm assuming by notes app, you are referring to remember.
    It worked perfectly for me Z30STA100-6/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    03-16-14 09:54 AM
    Hi there

This phone is not in 10.2

Andy
    It is always good practice to make sure your device has the most up to date software before saying something doesn't work

03-16-14 09:58 AM
    It works perfectly for me on my Q10 on 10.2.1.2141 OS.

What's "Major" here appears to be the spread of bunk!
    03-16-14 09:59 AM
    I'm assuming by notes app, you are referring to remember.
    It worked perfectly for me Z30STA100-6/10.2.1.2141

Or "Noteit" maybe?
    03-16-14 10:00 AM
    I get the exact same results

Pasting into the title field works, the additional note however doesn't paste.

Z10 on 10.2.1.2102

Posted via CB10
    Oddsocket likes this.
    03-16-14 10:00 AM
    Sorry... Let me correct myself. It hasn't worked in the last year on at version of the software from the release date to till perhaps three days ago. I am unwilling to make a purchase if I knew it wouldn't work on the newest 10.2 version for T-Mobile. That's why I am I here asking if someone could test it. So yes... For the last year it hasn't worked. Since the T-Mobile update 3 days ago... I am not sure. I am unwilling to purchase the phone to try it out.. Hoping the update three days ago would have fixed it. That's why I posted the question seeking help online. Clearly it is not working for at least half of the people. The notes app is indeed the remember app... Please note this is only when copying from the missed call screen... Not from any other copy screen

Thanks
    Andy
    03-16-14 10:03 AM
    Or "Noteit" maybe?
    Well that is a separate app all together, so if that's the case, the OP needs to go back to the dev of the app.
    The point here, is unless the OP can point to a specific app or location that this is happening, the problem isn't with the OS

03-16-14 10:04 AM
    Sorry... Let me correct myself. It hasn't worked in the last year on at version of the software from the release date to till perhaps three days ago. I am unwilling to make a purchase if I knew it wouldn't work on the newest 10.2 version for T-Mobile. That's why I am I here asking if someone could test it. So yes... For the last year it hasn't worked. Since the T-Mobile update 3 days ago... I am not sure. I am unwilling to purchase the phone to try it out.. Hoping the update three days ago would have fixed it. That's why I posted the question seeking help online. Clearly it is not working for at least half of the people. The notes app is indeed the remember app... Please note this is only when copying from the missed call screen... Not from any other copy screen

Thanks
    Andy
    Missed call/call history copying and pasting numbers to a note in the remember app works perfectly.
    What version of the OS are you using?

03-16-14 10:06 AM
    Well that is a separate app all together, so if that's the case, the OP needs to go back to the dev of the app.
    The point here, is unless the OP can point to a specific app or location that this is happening, the problem isn't with the OS

Like I said...misinformation or user error. And for the other person who posted that it didn't work for a year...it may be because of the older OS but again I can't even verify that either because I don't ever remember this being an issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:07 AM

Thanks
    Andy
    That is incorrect. It's works for all the people. It's a feature of the OS.
    If some people can't use it does not mean it doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:08 AM
    Just tested on my wife's Q10...

Copied three different numbers from call history and pasted them into Remember app, both as subject and in the body. Also copied to calendar events and pasted into a BBM message.

No problem whatsoever.

OS 10.2.1.1925 carrier release from Telus.

Cheers,
    03-16-14 10:09 AM
    Love people who think that because something works for them, it must work for everyone or be user-error. It's the height of arrogance and rudeness.

I'm on Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141 and it works if I paste into the title field of a remember note, but a subsequent post into the notes field pastes the previous clipboard contents.

Tested multiple times. Error still persists for me. Absolutely not user error, I'm not an *****: I can even post to a forum without it being all in one huge block.

Posted via CB10
    melh72 likes this.
    03-16-14 10:23 AM
    Love people who think that because something works for them, it must work for everyone or be user-error. It's the height of arrogance and rudeness.

I'm on Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141 and it works if I paste into the title field of a remember note, but a subsequent post into the notes field pastes the previous clipboard contents.

Tested multiple times. Error still persists for me. Absolutely not user error, I'm not an *****: I can even post to a forum without it being all in one huge block.

Posted via CB10
    It has nothing to do with arrogance. Arrogance and ignorance is people coming in here stating something doesn't "work" when it's clearly a feature of the OS. Could it be a software glitch on someone's device? Absolutely but then it should be stated that way rather than a blanket OS limitation.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:27 AM
    I would not have gone through two separate purchases of a q10 if it was arrogance. Perhaps extreme frustration is the right choice of words. Would that satisfy you?

Andy
    03-16-14 10:30 AM
    I would not have gone through two separate purchases of a q10 if it was arrogance. Perhaps extreme frustration is the right choice of words. Would that satisfy you?

Andy
    You bought a Q10 on 2 separate occasions without testing this feature that you absolutely require?
    Do you still have a Q10? And if so what OS are you on?
    And for the last time, this is a feature of the OS (whether it was before or not I can't answer that) so not sure what the argument in this thread is all about.
    If someone is saying it doesn't work then it is clear user error, blatant misinformation, or a bad OS that needs to be reflashed.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:36 AM
    Bought this phone twice in the last year hoping this issue/concern /whatever you want to call it /would be fixed. For some reason I cannot get it to work. My colleague is using this phone currently. I am unwilling to make the investment unless I know issue has been resolved.

The phone is on the latest T-Mobile version prior to the update 3 days ago. I came here hoping the new update would have resolved it. But apparently it has been user error on my part

Andy

Ps I posted about this almost a year ago as well if you look in my post history when I first purchased the phone
    03-16-14 10:44 AM
    Wasn't addressing you, I was addressing people who think that a problem is user-error solely because they don't personally have the issue themselves.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:45 AM
    Who's saying it's a "blanket OS limitation"?

It just doesn't work for me.

Also: "it's not a bug, it's a feature"?

So I'm supposed to not be able to paste something I copied where I want to paste it?

Really?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:48 AM
    Agreed

Thanks
    Andy
    03-16-14 10:53 AM
    Who's saying it's a "blanket OS limitation"?

It just doesn't work for me.

Also: "it's not a bug, it's a feature"?

So I'm supposed to not be able to paste something I copied where I want to paste it?

Really?

Posted via CB10
    What Are you talking about man? The feature is that you CAN copy and paste from the call screen. When did I say this bug you have is the feature itself. I and others here are doing it right now. I never once referred to a bug being a feature. Stop twisting things. I said ur particular software may need to be reflashed because it might be a software issue for YOU.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:53 AM
    Bought this phone twice in the last year hoping this issue/concern /whatever you want to call it /would be fixed. For some reason I cannot get it to work. My colleague is using this phone currently. I am unwilling to make the investment unless I know issue has been resolved.

The phone is on the latest T-Mobile version prior to the update 3 days ago. I came here hoping the new update would have resolved it. But apparently it has been user error on my part

Andy

Ps I posted about this almost a year ago as well if you look in my post history when I first purchased the phone
    Okay I'm done with you and odd socket as both of you just don't get it. IT DOES WORK as everyone except you two have shown in here.
    IT DOES WORK, it's a feature. YOU CAN COPY and PASTE numbers from the call screen (yes even the missed calls).
    Now both of you are agreeing with each other that I somehow said a bug is a feature? You two clearly didn't read anything I said in here.
    Good luck with figuring out how to copy and paste. And yes, I say it all this way because I'm sick of people coming here and making statements that aren't true and influencing those less technically inclined people into thinking bb10 is inferior.
    Enough of that and this is how I will respond to the misinformation garbage going forward.
    Have a good day

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:58 AM
    Works here Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 11:03 AM
83 1234