Hi team
    I have a serious embarrassing issue with accidental outgoing calls when i least expect it. It has put me in various awkward situations and i need to put an end to it. Locking the phone doesn't seem to do it. The phone accidently calls either a speed dial or a number from the logs when its in my hand or pocket. I need a solution for this guys. I was trying for example to locate an app that will only allow outgoing calls with a password but couldnt find any. Any solution as has this happened with anyone else???

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:22 PM
    Use a holster or pocket pouch and regularly clear call history.

It would be nice if we could turn on a call confirmation option in the phone app so it asks if you really want to make call. Something like a prompt "Dial 999 123-4567 YES or NO."

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:41 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Not a viable option for me. Need the call log otherwise whats the use of it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:42 PM
    Turn off swipe to wake and make sure you turn off the screen when you're not actively using the device.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 05:14 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Not a viable option for me. Need the call log otherwise whats the use of it.

Posted via CB10
    The pocket pouch idea is still a valid one though.
    08-09-14 05:44 PM
    Hi team
    I have a serious embarrassing issue with accidental outgoing calls when i least expect it. It has put me in various awkward situations and i need to put an end to it. Locking the phone doesn't seem to do it. The phone accidently calls either a speed dial or a number from the logs when its in my hand or pocket. I need a solution for this guys. I was trying for example to locate an app that will only allow outgoing calls with a password but couldnt find any. Any solution as has this happened with anyone else???

Posted via CB10
    Hi, my husband had this same problem with the Z10 so I changed the "swipe to unlock " to unlock using the top button. Works for him.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:52 PM
    Shouldn't need to turn off swipe to unlock. I wish a BlackBerry rep would acknowledge these issues just so we feel we are being heard.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 11:29 PM
    I had this bad issue on my previous Z10. So annoying. What I did is setting up the immage password ( built in your BlackBerry) and it really helped. No more accident call. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:56 AM
    I had this bad issue on my previous Z10. So annoying. What I did is setting up the immage password ( built in your BlackBerry) and it really helped. No more accident call. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    I have the image password on, yet my Z10 pocket-dialed about 10 numbers today. The problem (I believe) is that it happened before the lock was activated. Mine was set to 30 minutes of inactivity. So, I just changed it to 5 minutes. Even if this will solve most of my pocket-dialing problems (hopefully), I worry that it won't prevent the accidental dialing of Emergency (911), which is on the image password screen itself (as quite a few people reported here)! I really don't want to turn off the "swipe to wake" feature - I got used to it too much. And I don't want to put the Z10 into any kind of pouch, because I think that it is the best looking phone that looks the best "naked" :-)
    08-24-14 11:49 PM