So, in a fit of carelessness, I dropped my Q10, shattering the screen in the process. The screen is almost completely black now except for a very small strip at the top which allows me to know if the phone is on or not, however all touch capabilities are lost. It sucks, to be sure, but I figured I would just get an insurance replacement and transfer everything to the new phone.

Here is where I am having trouble. I plug my phone into my computer and blackberry link syncs as normal so my media files are all on my computer now. However, I cannot run a backup because it tells me the phone is not logged in using a Blackberry ID (this wasn't the case when the accident happened and I assume is error is a result of the drop). However, I am fearful that contacts, text messages, settings, and other application data are now lost. It had been a while since I performed a complete backup and I'd surely lose a lot of important data if I could not at least move my contracts, text messages and phone data to the new device.

For what it is worth, I began the "switch device" process but it still tells me that any personal space data will be lost if I do not log in on the phone. Thus, I have not taken the process any further.

Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks so much.
    06-25-14 01:39 PM
    Hopefully others have a better solution, but I'd say to buy the screen + tools and just replace it yourself, that way you don't lose any contacts, but that's also assuming it's only the screen that's broken...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 03:10 PM
    It had been a while since I performed a complete backup and I'd surely lose a lot of important data if I could not at least move my contracts, text messages and phone data to the new device.

Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks so much.
    The screen is not useable at all right?
    06-25-14 07:16 PM
    The screen is not useable at all right?
    Correct. I've tried swiping down from the small strip at the top that is not completely black and nothing happens. In addition, when I was receiving a call today I swiped left in the area of the screen where I would normally pick up the call, but nothing happened.
    06-25-14 09:46 PM