I read on this site that someone got a Q10 on ebay for $360.

My question is why then do I see other Q10s on sale for between $600 and $$700? How can there be such a huge discrepancy? I see a lot for $300 or so.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 03:08 PM

My question is why then do I see other Q10s on sale for between $600 and $$700? How can there be such a huge discrepancy? I see a lot for $300 or so.

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea but here is my purchase, and it was brand new.

Blackberry Q10 16GB Black T Mobile Smartphone | eBay
    11-01-13 03:41 PM
    People can always ASK whatever they want. It doesn't mean that it's in line with the going market rate. Some people are just out of touch with reality. If you want to get an idea of the real market rate for an item, just do a search for sold listings.

Posted via CB10
    Terser Nori likes this.
    11-01-13 03:45 PM
    People can always ASK whatever they want. It doesn't mean that it's in line with the going market rate. Some people are just out of touch with reality. If you want to get an idea of the real market rate for an item, just do a search for sold listings.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto! You can find crazy amounts for just about anything on ebay...o would focus more on auctions rather than "buy it now options".....that is normally where you find the rediclous prices that people ask for on ebay.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    11-01-13 03:52 PM
    I got 390$ bucks on ebay last week. It was white unlocked with spare battery and cradle. It had nicks And Scratches.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 04:12 PM
    I got one off ebay with a broken keyboard for $250 plus shipping. Little scratched up, and the A key is uber sensitive. Fine phone regardless.

Keyboard is just over $20 to replace though, if you can deal with the little fiddly bits. You're buying used, so warranty isn't usually a concern.

But I've seen new in box phones going for $400 and up. $350-400 is what they're going for on kijiji in my area.

Poaasted with my asexy red Q10 with the wonky A key
    11-01-13 07:07 PM
    Ditto! You can find crazy amounts for just about anything on ebay...o would focus more on auctions rather than "buy it now options".....that is normally where you find the rediclous prices that people ask for on ebay.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    I disagree. eBay is a very active market and probably the most accurate indicator of value for something like this in terms of the Blackberry Q10.

As to why the prices are at this point: all you have to do is take Econ 101 and read up on Adam Smith's laws of supply and demand Then do the math.
    11-01-13 10:11 PM
    I sold my brand new unlocked Q10 on ebay last week for $500.

I had won it from the Keyboard Love BBM promotion through BlackBerry, but already had the same exact device. I tried to see if maybe they had a white one as an option for winners, but they didn't (unless you were on Verizon).

I have the money I got from the Q10 sitting in my PayPal account, waiting to be put towards a Z30 whenever BlackBerry puts it for sale on their website. I know I could spend it on other things, but I feel like since I really want the Z30, and BlackBerry somehow selected me to get a free Q10, it's all a sign for me to use that money on a Z30
    sparkaction likes this.
    11-01-13 10:21 PM
    I sold my brand new unlocked Q10 on ebay last week for $500.

I had won it from the Keyboard Love BBM promotion through BlackBerry, but already had the same exact device. I tried to see if maybe they had a white one as an option for winners, but they didn't (unless you were on Verizon).

I have the money I got from the Q10 sitting in my PayPal account, waiting to be put towards a Z30 whenever BlackBerry puts it for sale on their website. I know I could spend it on other things, but I feel like since I really want the Z30, and BlackBerry somehow selected me to get a free Q10, it's all a sign for me to use that money on a Z30
    Congrats! Good timing! Prices are now a lot lower.
    11-01-13 10:37 PM
    Congrats! Good timing! Prices are now a lot lower.
    why the sad face? If someone wants to unload their Q10 for $250 or something less, we don't know their circumstances. They could just really need the $250 or whatever lower price they set.

I set mine at $550 and no one bit. So I lowered it after a week, and after a Nigerian scammer (seriously, I feel like it's a job to try and scam Americans for some people in Nigeria), someone in Hawaii bought it for $500.
    11-01-13 10:42 PM
    I disagree. eBay is a very active market and probably the most accurate indicator of value for something like this in terms of the Blackberry Q10.

As to why the prices are at this point: all you have to do is take Econ 101 and read up on Adam Smith's laws of supply and demand Then do the math.
    Really? Econ 101? And supply and demand? What are you a 19 year old first year university student? That doesn't explain one thing. That was the whole point of my post.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    11-01-13 11:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think a lot of it is what the person THINKS they can get for it.

I saw some that high when I was pricing mine. I knew $300 was too low, considering my Q10 was unlocked, brand new, and came with the premium earphones.

If someone who doesn't look too far into what they can get for their Q10 (or straight up doesn't really care) they could just think $360 is enough. Maybe they just want the $360 NOW, as opposed to starting it out higher, then gradually lowering it over time if people aren't bidding/buying.

Of course, you're gonna have people who think $700 is a fine price (though I don't know how they'd think that, as BlackBerry offers the device from them for $549).

I really think it just comes down to the person. I also think about what kind of person actually buys the Q10. I have no proof whatsoever, but I'd be willing to bet that many users are older and love the keyboard... and might have more money to spend on a Q10, than say, a teenager, who probably can't drop $500 on a phone (and also, a teenager would probably prefer a touchscreen these days). I'd also think that many people who still use a full qwerty device are in business, and also might have more money to spend on a device. I'm not running around saying, "Only rich business people understand BlackBerry!! They would never use an iPhone!" but I do think the Q10 is clearly aimed at business people.

So with that in mind, I priced my Q10 at $550, then $500 (for which it sold).
    11-01-13 11:57 PM
    I think a lot of it is what the person THINKS they can get for it.

I saw some that high when I was pricing mine. I knew $300 was too low, considering my Q10 was unlocked, brand new, and came with the premium earphones.

If someone who doesn't look too far into what they can get for their Q10 (or straight up doesn't really care) they could just think $360 is enough. Maybe they just want the $360 NOW, as opposed to starting it out higher, then gradually lowering it over time if people aren't bidding/buying.

Of course, you're gonna have people who think $700 is a fine price (though I don't know how they'd think that, as BlackBerry offers the device from them for $549).

I really think it just comes down to the person. I also think about what kind of person actually buys the Q10. I have no proof whatsoever, but I'd be willing to bet that many users are older and love the keyboard... and might have more money to spend on a Q10, than say, a teenager, who probably can't drop $500 on a phone (and also, a teenager would probably prefer a touchscreen these days). I'd also think that many people who still use a full qwerty device are in business, and also might have more money to spend on a device. I'm not running around saying, "Only rich business people understand BlackBerry!! They would never use an iPhone!" but I do think the Q10 is clearly aimed at business people.

So with that in mind, I priced my Q10 at $550, then $500 (for which it sold).
    You've got a good eye for this! I am not a business person but I'm a 42 year old professional. The one thing that is making me want a Q10 is my new job. I get so many freaking emails that it's gotten to the point that I hate typing on my Z10 to reply. I'm typing this with my Z10 now and all is good, but it's taken a while to type this! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:13 AM