Finally started paying attention to the predictive text when typing. This really saves so many keystrokes! particularly when having to hit Alt to get apostrophe, or even shift for month. e.g. "dont" offers up "don't", "im" gives "I'm", etc. Pretty neat. Obviously, coming from an LG Lotus full-keyboard dumb phone, night and day, with useful variable font size. I still like the original LG Lotus keyboard, with its curved top keys for accurate typing. Still not sure I like the Q10's offset raised area, but predictive typing is a monster plus.

Having fumbled at times hurriedly trying to enter text (while stopped on roadside, of course!), I tried Voice Control (while in text or email msg mode, hold down "0" until microphone shows). Amazed, I could speak two entire sentences without an error. I'll be using this more. Its very accurate. Of course, being a business phone, if you say "Aaaaaamazing", it translates to "a meeting" [ :>) If you rush or slur, it could miss a word and it could type "second s######" for "second street". Just speak clear and precise. You could always edit a word or two for mistakes in translation.
    12-29-13 06:29 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

Glad you're enjoying your new phone! I personally don't use voice control because i have a bit of a romanian accent, but I know others seem to enjoy it. Keep cool and blackberry oN!!!!!!!
    12-29-13 07:25 PM
    For some reason, I've found the voice command more accurate than then voice-to-text function, although if you compose an email using voice command, you do not have the ability to edit it or add more than whatever you dictate in one recording.

So, those are limiting factors, but for simple email messages, it's pretty amazing. I downloaded Say It, but I actually don't find that to add any real functionality (or accuracy) over the native voice-to-text capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:17 PM
    ... although if you compose an email using voice command, you do not have the ability to edit it or add more than whatever you dictate in one recording.
    Posted via CB10
    Not true. After entering text by voice, whether text msg input or email text, you can edit, insert, or add more text to the voice generated text. I just put the phone next to the radio, and recorded a lengthy dialog as text input. Pretty cool if you do not have a nasty accent.
    12-30-13 01:01 AM