so now that the Q10 is actually at Verizon's store I have gotten to play with it a lot and I know that my experiance with it will be different once I start having my email and txt etc on the thing.

I think the screen size is great, looks bright to me. Reported battery life is standard for a modern smartphone... 'old' BBs had insane battery life, so I can see its a shock when people swap.

the hub I think should return to the hub-hub on swipe up and hold not whatever the last thing you looked at, like txt etc.

the OS is smooth, swift.. Looks and feels well.

I would rather have a card style multitask like webOS and now ios7 and how the playbook did it.

but all things considered I loved it...

but...there is one thing I cannot forgive, maybe I just didn't see it..or something.

but why no dedicated period / dot key? Is this how all BB keyboards are? Arghhh... Email...websites....EVERYTHING we need it.

well, that is all... As you can see I love my dot dot dots, so I need my dot key! Lol
    06-22-13 11:19 AM
    Yes, all BlackBerry keyboards have had the period on the "M" key. However, I find myself not using it that much because if you double tap the spacebar it puts the period in for you automatically. The only time I actually use it is when I'm making an ellipsis (the "...")

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:26 AM
    I'm not positive on the blackberry phones because they (so far) seem to be dropping their stated promise to put BB10 on their Playbook Tablet (or at least dragging their feet). With these companies trying to get on their feet, they seem to lack in consistent support across platforms and devices (there is even an editorial on the front page by Kevin asking Blackberry to stop fragmenting OS's across devices. .. the Playbook debacle teaches me again that things could change at a moment if these types of companies trying to establish themselves feel they are not getting the sales they need, the apps they need to be a success.
    Having gone through this with Palm, I am wary.
    06-22-13 11:40 AM
    double tap on the spacebar works like a charm since you will be using the space bar to make another word anyway.
    06-22-13 11:51 AM
    I'm not positive on the blackberry phones because they (so far) seem to be dropping their stated promise to put BB10 on their Playbook Tablet (or at least dragging their feet). With these companies trying to get on their feet, they seem to lack in consistent support across platforms and devices (there is even an editorial on the front page by Kevin asking Blackberry to stop fragmenting OS's across devices. .. the Playbook debacle teaches me again that things could change at a moment if these types of companies trying to establish themselves feel they are not getting the sales they need, the apps they need to be a success.
    Having gone through this with Palm, I am wary.
    Well they did say sometime this year for the PlayBook so they haven't broken any promises about that.

Posted via Z10
    06-22-13 11:55 AM
    Just double tap the space key and there bam you've got a. ....

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    06-22-13 11:56 AM
    yeah, as a webOS loyalist from day one, seeing everything that happens to them and what they did that was good etc. BB is doing some of the same things and defiantly going through many of the same hurdles, like lack of apps... Because apparently 'the public' needs 8k worth of useless apps, or in androids case, a ton of apps to make the OS function...rather than them carding about form, and the workings of the OS.
    06-22-13 12:13 PM
    Quick post just to say, the wife will be going from her Pre2 to a Z10.... I was set on going from Pre3 to the Q10, but after watching a 12 minute compilation video, will wait till I get to get some real world use with the Z and actually hold a demo Q before deciding. I am a physical KB junky as you can see in my many posts about it. Sorry I can't give more than this, but for a webOS PKB person, nowhere to go but BB10 for us.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-22-13 01:21 PM
    yeah, sadly the Q10 is virtually the only upgrade choice for WebOS people who love the physical keyboard.

I will go back to the store Monday and try to see how the double space for period works, I have to go back to the pre computer rules of typing for the double space hehe.

does double space work for every instance or just txt and paragraph typing? Aka texting, website, email entry etc?
    06-22-13 05:01 PM
    double tap!

I love how that line can be used out of context of using a firearm
    06-22-13 05:54 PM
    I know in the browser, when entering an address, if you enter "touch facebook com" the top option auto-enters the periods for you. I'm a webos-turned wp8-turned q10 convert, and I LOVE it.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 06:45 PM
    I came from an HP Veer 4G. Love web0S. Not having a dedicated . key was at first kind of annoying. But I got used to it almost immediately. Also in an email address field, if you hit the spacebar where you want the @ symbol and the . symbol it will auto fill. Just figured this out. I'd take the plunge if I were you. The keyboard on my Q10 is really great.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 09:10 PM
    if I was not on Verizon I would have a torch v2 , apps do not really make me want a phone...the phones function is.

I really like the pre/torch slider form factor, the Q10s screen is wider, and to me that is more important than taller imo.

I will most likely do a 2 week run, whatever the return period is and see. Then find one to buy right out as I do not want to loose my unlimited data.

but, one app I do need... Is there a tethering app?
    06-23-13 06:31 AM
    if I was not on Verizon I would have a torch v2 , apps do not really make me want a phone...the phones function is.

I really like the pre/torch slider form factor, the Q10s screen is wider, and to me that is more important than taller imo.

I will most likely do a 2 week run, whatever the return period is and see. Then find one to buy right out as I do not want to loose my unlimited data.

but, one app I do need... Is there a tethering app?
    Won't you lose your unlimited data as soon as you run the trial? I can't remember all the VZW rules as I am not a customer, but I know sprint was doing the $10 smartphone charge when you registered a new ESN even if it was the same device (many got this reversed). Just thinking if you buy on contract, or do a trial on contract, if they are gonna pull your unlimited they will do it either way. I know the ATT iPhone folks are grandfathered into unlimited until they get a new SIM (not sure how that works with LTE now though).
    06-23-13 05:29 PM
    yeah if my account line that is unlimited uses any kind of contract renewal etc I will loose my unlimited. I would add a line and then return everything inside the grace period.
    06-23-13 06:53 PM
    Gotcha, thanks for clarifying, didn't want to confuse anyone.
    06-23-13 07:57 PM