Pre-ordered my Q10 yesterday at my local Verizon and the manager (who was sporting a White Z) told me they were expecting Qs within the next week or so. Works out perfectly as my upgrade is available at the end of the month. I've been spending a lot of time on the Z10, and while an amazing phone, especially the typing experience, I think I'll be happier with the Q, as it's as close to my beloved 9930 as I can get. We're upgrading at work next month and I'll pick a Z for that since we have a choice. After using both, I'll switch whichever turns out to be the most productive workhorse to my work phone, which I feel will probably be the Q, due to battery life and the keyboard.

UPDATE:
    In a post below I related that I went to VZW's site to get the pre-order link to post here but it was no longer there. Very strange, so I have just gotten off the phone with Verizon Sales and was told the pre-order option on the Q10 page was a mistake, a pre-order template being prematurely used. They had received several complaints yesterday that the pre-order button wasn't working. She also checked her pre-order queue and verified that the Q10 was not listed, but to expect it probably late next week. So I then called the VZW store where I pre-ordered yesterday and asked how a pre-order was taken for me when VZW isn't listing it yet. The manager wasn't available but the lady I spoke with was there yesterday when this occurred and told me that she was actually the one that attempted to place my order and it was refused. They were going to notify me on Monday.

I apologize for the incorrect information. I wouldn't have posted it unless I was sure of it's validity. Sorry.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-18-13 at 05:02 PM.
    05-18-13 03:29 PM
    Verizon is already accepting pre-orders?
    05-18-13 03:39 PM
    Verizon is already accepting pre-orders?
    You bet. Go to their website to pre-order or as in my case, my local VZW did it for me.
    05-18-13 03:46 PM
    I've done that from their website, I thought that was just going to tell me when the Q would be available?
    05-18-13 03:48 PM
    Pre-ordered my Q10 yesterday at my local Verizon and the manager (who was sporting a White Z) told me they were expecting Qs within the next week or so. Works out perfectly as my upgrade is available at the end of the month. I've been spending a lot of time on the Z10, and while an amazing phone, especially the typing experience, I think I'll be happier with the Q, as it's as close to my beloved 9930 as I can get. We're upgrading at work next month and I'll pick a Z for that since we have a choice. After using both, I'll switch whichever turns out to be the most productive workhorse to my work phone, which I feel will probably be the Q, due to battery life and the keyboard.
    Verizon released a press release just a few days ago saying they'd have the phone available in June, which doesn't quite line up with this manager's timeline.

I'm also on the Verizon site and there is no way to pre-order the Q10.
    05-18-13 03:52 PM
    OK, some weird things going on here. I just went to the VZW site to get the pre-order link so as to post it here and now the pre-order option button is gone off the Q10 page. Me and two coworkers were looking at it yesterday and I almost pre-ordered then online, but chose to go to the VZW store instead, to put on a last few minutes of time on the Z10 demo before I committed to the Q. The manager took my name and account info for my pre-order and never mentioned a problem. Also I see now on VZW's site an official statement for June release, which jives with the manager telling me they'll have them in a week or two.

I'll go by there on Monday to find out what's going on. Very strange.

UPDATE: Please see the update in the original post, situation is explained.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-18-13 at 05:05 PM.
    05-18-13 04:12 PM
    No dice I thought you made my day
    05-18-13 04:58 PM
    Verizon released a press release just a few days ago saying they'd have the phone available in June, which doesn't quite line up with this manager's timeline.

I'm also on the Verizon site and there is no way to pre-order the Q10.
    Actually it sort of does. She said a week or two. It will be June in two weeks. The pre-order is supposed to become available late next week. Please see my update in the original post. I apologize for the error, but it was based on a mistake on VZW'S part.
    05-18-13 05:09 PM
    No dice I thought you made my day
    Sorry. Hey, mine too, I thought I had a Q on order. Now I'm back to "Z or Q" debates with myself for one more week.
    05-18-13 05:11 PM
    Either way, feels like it can't get here soon enough!!
    05-18-13 05:44 PM
    Actually it sort of does. She said a week or two. It will be June in two weeks. The pre-order is supposed to become available late next week. Please see my update in the original post. I apologize for the error, but it was based on a mistake on VZW'S part.
    So you're thinking the first couple of days in June? Tired of waiting!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-19-13 08:45 AM