Thats a little doubt i have.

Because Thats so androidish the thing that you cannot install your apps in the SD card.

I was wondering is there a way to force the install directly to the SD card? Because im running low on storage, cause i have plenty of apps, and i use them a lot, dont have any game, or music or videos or stuff like that.

Its fool to think that in 2015 you can expand the storage, but you cannot use it to install things...

I would appreciate the help.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:46 AM
    No, that is not possible.
    09-13-15 10:21 AM
    Its fool to think that in 2015 you can expand the storage, but you cannot use it to install things...

I would appreciate the help.

Posted via CB10
    This is strictly by intentional design. It is a potential security problem.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-13-15 10:41 AM
    It's for security. The Passport has 32GB internal. Hopefully that's signaling a new trend from BlackBerry to have that minimum on devices going forward (wishful thinking lol).

Just imagine those Apple iPhone 6s users that will get it with just 16GB and no ability to use SD card.
    I wonder how much they'll be able to use that 4K camera.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    09-13-15 10:59 AM
    I was also thinking of the same. While having android apps, linkage to SD card might also seem to be possible in some way. If there's a security reason, such functionality could be dedicated solely for installing android apps, while in built dedicated for BlackBerry apps. Just my thought. Anxiously waiting how practically that comes to be going forward.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 01:37 PM
    I was also thinking of the same. While having android apps, linkage to SD card might also seem to be possible in some way. If there's a security reason, such functionality could be dedicated solely for installing android apps, while in built dedicated for BlackBerry apps. Just my thought. Anxiously waiting how practically that comes to be going forward.

Posted via CB10
    As BB10 is no longer actively being developed, I wouldn't hold my breath.

andy957 likes this.
    09-13-15 01:40 PM
    As BB10 is no longer actively being developed, I wouldn't hold my breath.

You're gonna start a whole load of crap by saying that, we don't know yet

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    jope28 and Joshu42 like this.
    09-13-15 01:49 PM
    The reason behind it is security, each Native Apps folder is inaccessible from outside its sandbox, on the SD card a quick pop into mass storage and it would ruin it

09-13-15 01:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Android Runtime is deeply embedded into the BlackBerry 10 OS at this point, so if its security is compromised it will probably affect the whole system.
    09-13-15 01:57 PM
    You're gonna start a whole load of crap by saying that, we don't know yet

I personally haven't seen the back of the moon yet either, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

The evidence seems to be somewhat overwhelming.

09-13-15 01:57 PM
    I personally haven't seen the back of the moon yet either, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

The evidence seems to be somewhat overwhelming.

Terrible comparison, apples and oranges. Plus, a lack of evidence isn't evidence.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 06:40 PM
    Terrible comparison, apples and oranges. Plus, a lack of evidence isn't evidence.

Posted via CB10
    OK. How about this:

Gutting of BlackBerry's device personnel, QNX VP leaving, complete lack of BB10 roadmap, EOL of most tools to create and code for BB10, no sign of any OS development on the BlackBerry servers, no sign of the 10.3.3 SDK (which does exist, but seems to have been put on the shelf)....

One can try to explain each of these things away, but taken as a whole, it's pretty ugly.

andy957 likes this.
    09-13-15 07:14 PM
    OK. How about this:

Gutting of BlackBerry's device personnel, QNX VP leaving, complete lack of BB10 roadmap, EOL of most tools to create and code for BB10, no sign of any OS development on the BlackBerry servers, no sign of the 10.3.3 SDK (which does exist, but seems to have been put on the shelf)....

One can try to explain each of these things away, but taken as a whole, it's pretty ugly.

Ugly, indeed ...
    09-14-15 04:37 AM
    OK. How about this:

Some of these arguments make sense but how does a person, VP or not, leaving QNX after 35 years tell us anything about the future of anything at BlackBerry? People do retire; sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Thirty five years is not a short time to be working at a company in this day and age, even for a VP. And what developer tools have ben EOL?
    09-14-15 08:39 AM
    Some of these arguments make sense but how does a person, VP or not, leaving QNX after 35 years tell us anything about the future of anything at BlackBerry? People do retire; sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Thirty five years is not a short time to be working at a company in this day and age, even for a VP. And what developer tools have ben EOL?
    As I said, you can argue each point, but taken as a whole, things establish a pretty clear picture.

I would also add the prohibitive cost of obtaining the Qualcomm chipset drivers for yet another processor to my list.

We'll know soon enough. I'm just not as optimistic as many here.

As an investor, I would be very upset if BB10 development continued. As a user, I'd be delighted.

Last edited by conite; 09-14-15 at 10:27 AM.
    jope28 likes this.
    09-14-15 09:00 AM
    As I said, you can argue each point, but taken as a whole, things establish a pretty clear picture.

I would also add the prohibitive cost of obtaining the Qualcomm chipset drivers for yet another processor to my list.

We'll know soon enough. I'm just not as optimistic as many here.

As an investor, I would be very upset if BB10 development continued. As a user, I'd be delighted.

Well I disagree with your premise generally. If one side offers five arguments supporting a particular conclusion, and the other side is able to either completely refute or propose other equal or more reasonable conclusions may be drawn from the facts then the second side prevails. Debating 101.

If you have any evidence that Mr Dodge is retiring because BB10 is being dropped please produce it. Otherwise you are just piling on unrelated facts to make your argument look stronger than it actually is. If your argument has merit you don't have to do that. The same goes for BB10 development tools EOL. If you are going to throw that out you must have a list, don't you?

I am willing to accept that BB10 is going into maintenance mode after 10.3.3 which won't may not be any more significant than 10.3.2 was. There are some really compelling reasons to believe that, but very few people on CB recognise them and focus on the trivial, like there is no road map.

A very big problem I believe they have finally come face to face with is the future of Cascades. The majority seem to think that Cascades is based on Qt. While this is true in the broadest sense, it isn't really true from a development and support point of view. If you spend some time looking at the Cascades object model, and the Qt object model, which I have, it is quickly apparent that Cascades is a fork of Qt 4.8 from a very low level in the inheritance chain. This means that all the development that has gone into Qt to bring it to 5.6 is not inherited by Cascades objects. This pretty much means rewiring most of Cascades each time you want to support a new version of Qt.

This is a problem that can be solved, but arguably not while the bulk of your (remaining) development resources are working on the BlackBerry Experience Suites, and possibly bringing out an Android based device. Unfortunately accepting this also requires that people change their views on TAT.

You can be optimistic, or pessimistic, but you should be honest. If you need a reason why BB10 is going to be dropped the fact that the current UI is a dead end is much better than the lack of a road map. It may be the reason there is no road map. Or it could be that publishing the road map for how they get out of this gives too much away to competition.

But consider this: QNX supports UI development in Qt 5. Qt 5 supports development of applications that run on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. BlackBerry is currently developing the Experience Suites for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. They have lots of developers with Qt experience. What do you think they are using to develop the Experience Suites? Once they've done that, and know it it is going to be a success, how hard would it be to implement the BlackBerry Experience Suites on a mobile version of QNX, you know the one called BB10? If the Experience Suites aren't a success arguably BB10 won't be either.

Now all of this is implied speculation on my part. But it is based on directly relevant information announced by BlackBerry or available by examining their public products. It doesn't require an Android slider, but neither does it preclude one.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 09-15-15 at 03:53 AM.
    serbanescu likes this.
    09-14-15 05:24 PM
    No, that is not possible.
    Anything is possible!

(oh except for that, yeah it's not happening.)

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-14-15 09:17 PM