actually, I used to carry my phone like that until one day I hit something and crash my screen,
    Ditto, I always face my screen in...and not one pocket dial since I bought on launch day.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    gfondeur and Elite1 like this.
    10-22-13 01:24 AM
    Not sure why there are so many 'pocket dial' comments. Don't capacitive screens require a finger touch again, or am i missing something?
    Personally, I've used the term pocket dialing to refer to accidental, unintended dialing. In the case which prompted this thread, I inadvertently misdialed someone I didn't want to call while sitting with my device, accidentally touching a number that called me on he screen. Nothing to accidentally do with having the phone in my pocket. But I think the suggestions about carrying the phone in your pockets are helpful. Different people have different styles. I just would prefer less easy accidental dialing without having to turn the screen off and on.
    10-22-13 01:44 AM
    Blackberry did not miss a boat. Let's not make nonsense analogies. They just took longer to adapt to wants and needs of the newer user base while offering a better user experience.

Blackberry HAS NO REPLACEMENT. This is the ONE and ONLY reason why it will survive and with the new OS even more users will convert and realize the platform has more to offer.
    I hope ur right, but where do you see these users coming from? The company is losing a lot more customers than it is gaining. I wish that wasn't the case, but this device doesn't have the appeal to reverse that tide. What do you see occurring or coming down the pike in the future that will accomplish what you are suggesting?
    10-22-13 01:51 AM
    I hope ur right, but where do you see these users coming from? The company is losing a lot more customers than it is gaining. I wish that wasn't the case, but this device doesn't have the appeal to reverse that tide. What do you see occurring or coming down the pike in the future that will accomplish what you are suggesting?
    Hey Soxfan, fortunately you are in luck. I have very simply managed to sort a quick list of 9 physical keyboard devices which are current, that you can pick from. Hopefully, this list will not only ease your ever escalating difficulty handling BlackBerry 10 devices (which appear aren't for you) but also subsequently mitigate the frustration more adaptive users are having getting through to you (you may need to unlock them if you're in Canada.) I will follow up with a link at the bottom. Enjoy your other platform, I hope they welcome you with open arms!

1. HTC Evo Shift 4G
    2. Samsung Epic 4G
    3. T-Mobile Sidekick 4G
    4. T-Mobile mytouch 3G slide
    5. HTC Merge
    6. Motorola DROID 2 mobile
    7.Motorola DROID Pro
    8. LG Quantum
    9. Samsung Galaxy Indulge

Link: http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l=263435&a=263435&po=4,00.asp
    axllebeer and Danny Ocean like this.
    10-22-13 02:26 AM
    Hey Soxfan, fortunately you are in luck. I have very simply managed to sort a quick list of 9 physical keyboard devices which are current, that you can pick from. Hopefully, this list will not only ease your ever escalating difficulty handling BlackBerry 10 devices (which appear aren't for you) but also subsequently mitigate the frustration more adaptive users are having getting through to you (you may need to unlock them if you're in Canada.) I will follow up with a link at the bottom. Enjoy your other platform, I hope they welcome you with open arms!

1. HTC Evo Shift 4G
    2. Samsung Epic 4G
    3. T-Mobile Sidekick 4G
    4. T-Mobile mytouch 3G slide
    5. HTC Merge
    6. Motorola DROID 2 mobile
    7.Motorola DROID Pro
    8. LG Quantum
    9. Samsung Galaxy Indulge

Link: The 10 Best Phones with Keyboards - Slide 4 - Slideshow from PCMag.com
    Cjay, thank you. For now I have a Q10 and an 10-15 year Blackberry veteran a pretty sophisticated Q10 user, in the middle of two year contract, so I'm not likely to switch at this time. Maybe as next generation devices evolve, we'll have a better range of sophisticated power user options. I'm sure many will stay on top of new product launches as they come.
    10-22-13 02:39 AM
    How do you make a pocket dial on a q10? Being a user of a q10 since launch, i have never had this happen. If my phone is on the main screen, in order to call someone you have to either: a) select the phone icon, by default it goes to phone log, then you have to select a recent call, then it dials out, or b)You must press a physical key, this brings up universal search, from there that key must correspond with a contact in the address book, then you must select the contact, then select the phone number to dial that contact, or c) you must select the phone app, then if you have a speed dial saved you must hold that physical key until it dials.

In order to pocket dial someone given these scenarios seems pretty tough to me, even if you are not locking your screen. If your just picking your phone up, and then putting it down on a table, and you think that's all your doing and it's dialing numbers, you have bigger problems that go beyond issues with the q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 03:22 AM
    Much as we appreciate the extra traffic on the site, we would prefer members to engage in civil debate without insulting each other or making demands for others to be banned. The moderators are well capable of making appropriate decisions if members simply REPORT problem posts with a simple statement of the reason the post is reported.
    [warn]Debate the products and services, NOT the other members in the thread.

Attempted back seat moderation simply serves to disrupt the thread, and we have an infraction specially designated for Disruptive Posting. For those who choose to engage and challenge or out-troll the trolls, be aware that my policy is "Same fight, same sanction for all combatants". Be careful when you ask for a member to be banned, the hammer may not fall where you intended.[/warn]
    10-22-13 05:05 AM
    Mods really won't step in will they? This is getting ridiculous. Get rid of this guy.

Posted via CB10
    Mods need sleep from time to time. However this has been a very productive thread for handing out infractions
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-22-13 05:27 AM
    I'm still wondering how this thread got this long.
    10-22-13 07:20 AM
    Folks,

Ok I think we have had our fun, the OP has expressed his point and been given help (and sadly there were plenty of infraction worthy responces too), so I'm going to keep it closed.

Remember from our Community Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    All forum indexes are down by categories. There are specific forums for applications, devices, device hacks, accessories, carriers, general chat, etc. Unique forums exist for a reason. Before you create a new thread, please ensure it is being posted in the most applicable forum. For example, threads discussing a BlackBerry 10 application are generally not device specific, and should be posted in the BlackBerry 10 Apps forum.!

Make Meaningful Posts
    Do your best at all times to make relevant, meaningful and helpful posts in our communities.

Personal Attacks
    Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.

[warn]Trolling
    Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/warn]

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.
    Last edited by pkcable; 10-22-13 at 10:36 AM.
    AcADIeN, axllebeer and Elite1 like this.
    10-22-13 09:05 AM
    I'm still wondering how this thread got this long.
    It's much shorter now.
    10-22-13 10:39 AM
61 123