Hi CrackBerry! Some background info - I am in no way tech/bb savvy, just an average consumer who chose the Q10 for its functional OS and its keypad (though I must admit I much prefer the previous OS.) Was never well-read on BB news and will usually just agree to everything that pops up on my notifications. Which is what I did for the 10.2 update.

Not knowing better I did the software update over my school's WiFi network while going about my day and when it got stuck at the purple BB logo screen at 100%, thinking the update was complete and this was a regular boot up I battery pulled. HUGE mistake. This rendered my phone brick like - it was frozen at the lock screen and didn't respond much, all I could do was make it light up by pressing the lock button/swiping up whenever the screen timed out. Beyond that nothing would happen.

Prepared to lose all my data (I have never backed up my phone, think the only other time I used Blackberry Link was for the initial switch from my previous 9900) I attempted to restore my OS using Blackberry Link. This is where things get complicated. In my impatient state I hadn't considered that I wouldn't have the time to complete the restoration and about an hour later when it was barely quarterway done I had to leave school and unceremoniously ended the process by closing my macbook.

This left my phone showing the screen that displays a Q10, a USB symbol and a computer. I tried to redo the restore when I get home but was stuck at the part where it instructs you to switch off your phone as it would keep going back to the USB screen whenever I tried to switch it off. After a while I gave up and I brought my phone to the Blackberry Service Centre the next day.

They helped me restore the phone back to factory settings, which is its current state. I thought that this would solve things (albeit partially - I've already lost all my data since getting the Q10) and all I needed to do was to restore it via a previous backup file I have from my previous 9900. Further problems - the phone wouldn't appear on Blackberry Link when connected via USB. I can't remember what it is I've tried to make it work, it connects fine via WiFi but somehow it won't show up via USB so I can't get to the setting to restore with my 9900 backup.

Even more problems - upon realising my version of Blackberry Link isn't the latest I have been trying to download the latest version from the Blackberry website and five times now it's stopped at "Failed - Network error." I can't be sure if this is my own internet's problem or one on the Blackberry side, but I'm pretty sure it's not me - my other downloads are working fine.

So here I am, stuck, really hoping that I'll be able to restore at least some of my data. My friends have been gawking at the fact that I am finally using an iPhone (my brother's spare.)

This has been a huge disappointment for me. My carelessness (not backing up, updating via WiFi, interrupting updates) stemmed from the fact that I have never experienced such a huge event since starting on BB with the 9900 before this. No doubt I know better now.

tl;dr I would like to restore my recently factory-reset Q10 (10.1.0.2309) with a previous 9900 backup that I have in my computer but the Q10 won't appear on Blackberry Link (1.1.0). Also the Blackberry website isn't letting me download the latest version of Blackberry Link.

Help would be so much appreciated. Thank you.
    10-26-13 12:11 AM
    Good morning, i don't use a Mac so i can't say how to find out if there is a broken BBlink Download blockig you from getting another one, but why don't you download BBlink from a other Computer and put it on a USB Stick (sd Card)? And then install it to your Mac .
    10-26-13 12:22 AM