I really want to buy a BB which is what I used for years before going to the dark side. Now my question is can BB use GMail, Google Calendar, and
    Google Calendar with ease and lack of issues. I have 2000 Contacts ie customers that I must service and I use Google. If BB will use Google, how do
    I easily set it up to run properly. Is there a default for GMail etc.? What are most of you using for your ecosystem? If I can be assured that BB can
    use BB I will buy one tomorrow. I am not on Enterprise, I am a one man band with a lot of customers.
    Thanks
    PS I am not a computer whiz so please use plain language.
    06-06-13 11:54 PM
    You can set up your gmail and sync your emails, contacts and calendar. The emails will be available on your Hub and the contacts will get synced in the contacts app. Calendar will also be synced . Hope this answers.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 12:02 AM
    Yup as saucey stated, I just entered in my Gmail info during set up and everything synced right over. Simple as that. Now, go get the phone! Haha

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 12:10 AM
    Thank you thank you thank you. I have had so much trouble getting a straight answer for this. Some people have sent me on wild goose chases saying you have to do this and that to make this work.
    06-07-13 12:10 AM
    Google uses an open protocol for both contact and calendar syncing which Blackberry supports.

I am a HUGE Google user as well and would not have gotten a Q10 if it didn't sync up my Google information.
    06-07-13 12:38 AM
    Works perfectly with Google - Mail, Calendar Contacts -
    Let us know what you will be getting and what colour too ! lol....
    06-07-13 05:52 AM
    OK Folks, going to buy 2 Z10's in about an hour, wish me luck on getting it set up with Google services. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    06-13-13 04:08 PM
    OK Folks, going to buy 2 Z10's in about an hour, wish me luck on getting it set up with Google services. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    You would need luck with any other phone, but not a BlackBerry, you just need fingers and a pulse it's that easy! and you can pretty much set up most services like that not just Google's Gmail, but practically any major service will setup the same way, just in case you feel like switching some day there is absolutely no hassle about it!
    06-13-13 04:55 PM
    I really want to buy a BB which is what I used for years before going to the dark side. Now my question is can BB use GMail, Google Calendar, and
    Google Calendar with ease and lack of issues. I have 2000 Contacts ie customers that I must service and I use Google. If BB will use Google, how do
    I easily set it up to run properly. Is there a default for GMail etc.? What are most of you using for your ecosystem? If I can be assured that BB can
    use BB I will buy one tomorrow. I am not on Enterprise, I am a one man band with a lot of customers.
    Thanks
    PS I am not a computer whiz so please use plain language.
    Agreed not to worry it ALL can be synced!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 10:16 AM
    1)Go to settings > accounts
    At the bottom of the screen click the button called 'advanced'

For Gmail email, choose Gmail.
    For Gmail contacts, choose carddav
    For Gmail calendar, choose caldav

For carddav and caldav, the server should be google.com

You may want to double check that, I don't personally use carddav or caldav.

When your contacts and are being synced, it might take some time. I'd imagine 5-30 minutes to finish the sync. During this time the phone may be warm and the battery night drain extremely fast. Don't worry, once it's finished the initial sync, all will be smooth.
    06-14-13 11:47 AM
    It will actually sync when he adds his Gmail account, very painless.

Posted via CB10 using the awesome Q10
    06-14-13 01:55 PM