I have purchased a new q10 online and i have received it today. It functioned properly for first 3 hours and after i restarted the phone, it wont function properly. The blackberry hub is a black screen, i cannot open the setting, phone function, camera, contact bbm, bb world, basically every app on the phone i cant get it to open. i have tried security wipe through bb link as i cant get access to the setting. So now basically tried everything i can, the phone still wont work,i am extremely disappointed by the quality of the device. Please some one tell me what is wrong with it and if i can sove the problem

Many thx guys!
    02-03-14 08:20 PM
    Personally I would do a warranty replacement.
    02-03-14 08:22 PM
    I think you got a lemon. I'd take it back immediately.
    02-03-14 08:28 PM
    i think the whole is weird coz i have the 990 for 2 year and it still working fine and the q10 broke down on the first day
    02-03-14 08:30 PM
    If you don't have anything on it you need to save (since its brand new, right?), I'd suggest using 1925 autoloader. If its still doing that, there is a physical hardware problem and should be returned for exchange.

Also, I'd suggest holding off on installing any new apps, if a new app was related to the weirdness.
    02-03-14 08:33 PM
    Yep, manufacturing defect. It happens. No matter what brand, model, or product.

I think you'll be happy with the Q10 - well, a working one that is.
    02-03-14 08:39 PM
    Yea the phone supposed to be brand new according to the seller and i have downloaded only whatsapp and igrann . Im losing faith in blackberry to be honest
    02-03-14 08:40 PM
    Does it make you feel any better to know that my brand new MacBook Pro started encountering a processing error and caused it to heat up to extreme temperatures and run very slowly after only 12 days? Or when the push-button starter on my new car quit working after 3 months and I got stranded at work?

I didn't think so

It happens. You got a defective unit. Send it back. Get a replacement. And be happy
    02-03-14 08:46 PM
    Yea the phone supposed to be brand new according to the seller and i have downloaded only whatsapp and igrann . Im losing faith in blackberry to be honest
    after a restart..eh.. mmm ok you have a 9900 with no problems you get a phone that either has a manufacturing defect or you did something, and your losing faith in blackberry??? ok
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-03-14 08:49 PM
    Try loading the 1925 OS. Sounds like the software is corrupted. By doing a security wipe it doesn't fix the OS itself, it just clears the data. Reload the OS and it should fix it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:50 PM
    according to the seller? did you buy it off ebay?
    02-03-14 08:51 PM
    Yea on ebay it was in the box with sticker sealed, maybe i should just send it back.
    02-03-14 08:55 PM
    Before sending it back I'd run the latest autoloader for the official OS but hey, that's just me.
    02-03-14 09:05 PM
    is it similar to this? sorry im not familiar with bb10
    How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-03-14 09:11 PM
    i would contact the seller? and see what you can do a lot of them are as is..did it look like it had been opened? if they won't refund you i would try what some one suggested download one of the leaks and try it...
    02-03-14 09:14 PM
    try this one

Leaked OS 10.2.1.1259 for most BlackBerry 10 devices | CrackBerry.com

it is really easy to do.. once you have done it if all is working ok then you can try to update to the official os..
    02-03-14 09:16 PM
    Nope go with this
    https://mega.co.nz/#!a5hDhRAK!X6PY7z...aQf9OHEY8pKOUE

Download, extract, plug your phone in, run the exe.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-03-14 09:20 PM
    let us know how it goes
    02-03-14 09:23 PM
    Something interesting happened, i tried to connect with bb link again and this time it shows the os is not working so i tried restore it again and this time it works and the phone is bk to the very first stage. At the stage that the compulsory tutorial show up again and very thing seems to work fine now. Now im confused, does that mean it is working now? If so what trigger the os to be corrupted. Thank you for your time guys i appreciate it
    02-03-14 09:23 PM
    i know this sounds dumb but before you do any of that,,, have you tried turning it off and on again?
    02-03-14 09:24 PM
    it might have been something didn't load properly when you did your restart... that can happen... alot of times a simple reboot fixes it. computers are like women.. fickle...lol glad its working you will love bb10 play with it for a while and see if they same thing happens again... i suspect you should be fine...
    Chris Chan4 likes this.
    02-03-14 09:25 PM
    haha yea i restarted it like 5 times. Now the question really is would the same thing happens again soon or is it a one off thing. Lol kinda scary to have a phone constantly at the edge of breaking.
    02-03-14 09:27 PM
    I make it a habit to always reload the software anytime I get a new BlackBerry even if it has been swiped. If you were able to reload the software via Link, and it completed, then I imagine you won't have any more issues. The problem was likely not with the phone, but with the previous seller. I have never had a BlackBerry that couldn't be fixed with an OS reload, (aside from that damn 9900 screen that went bad).
    02-03-14 09:30 PM
    i will try to install whatsapp n c what happen. Hopefully it will work fine coz i like the phone a lot. But now when i swipe to the bb hub there is a fear that it may return to the black screen lol
    02-03-14 09:38 PM
    haha yea i restarted it like 5 times. Now the question really is would the same thing happens again soon or is it a one off thing. Lol kinda scary to have a phone constantly at the edge of breaking.
    do a back up now that its working.. then try loading the same apps you had when it happened... see if it happened again.. like iamfranly said if the os loaded ok you will probably be fine...
    02-03-14 09:41 PM
37 12