Hi,

Not a BB user currently (previously owned 9300 & 9360) but shall consider Q10 (although I wanted Q5 because I have always been more inclined to Curve series but its camera's image quality is not that great).

Please help me understand this "support for Android apps". In 10.2.1, after installing the Amazon App Store, I shall be able to install Android apps/apk but... do they work perfect with their all functions?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    02-11-14 12:49 AM
    Hi,

Not a BB user currently (previously owned 9300 & 9360) but shall consider Q10 (although I wanted Q5 because I have always been more inclined to Curve series but its camera's image quality is not that great).

Please help me understand this "support for Android apps". In 10.2.1, after installing the Amazon App Store, I shall be able to install Android apps/apk but... do they work perfect with their all functions?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

3 out of 4 popular apps will work. So don't expect every app to be %100 compatible.
    However on Q5 and Q10 the number will be less due to screen resolution, sometimes they look cramped on the screen because some apps are not programmed to scale properly on 1:1 screen.
    02-11-14 12:54 AM
    No, they won't work "perfect". First BB10 doesn't support any Google Services, so Android apps which require those to work, won't really work on any BB10 phones at the moment.
    Next, especially for the QWERTY BB10 devices, apps can have some displaying problems due to the uncommon 1:1 screen ratio. Such a ratio is not used on any Android device and as such not every app will display the way you'd hope. Flipboard would be one of those apps.

Now that doesn't mean every app will cause problems. Yet I am not agreeing to all the Android praise around here.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    02-11-14 02:53 AM
    Most will work fine but as others said, not all. For example, Flappy Bird is like half the screen it should be, but still playable. Snapchat makes your camera turn 90 degrees when taking a front facing camera shot. However, seeing as there are more native apps for BlackBerry 10 coming out to serve current app trends, there won't be a need to sideload too much.

Oh and push notifications are non-existent with android ports
    02-11-14 08:46 AM