In advance - I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post ( please move if so) or if there is a clear non tech guide somewhere ( please point me to it) but what i found, i wasnt sure applied to me or i understood correctly! I got a text on end of life from my provider in the UK only late last week and i am in a panic, i have only ever had Q10's and TBH barely make use of smartphone services other than text, calls and the odd photo/internet search.

I used Blackberry link on my old PC when i got a replacement Q10 but as i will be swapping to an Android phone ( Titan pocket) I have no idea what to do to export my essentials over, as it is a different OS. If anyone could ELI5 jargon free on the following it would be much appreciated as it looks like with waiting for new phone, SIM and being away over Xmas i will be doing this on the very last day possible ( 3rd Jan) I dont generally use the cloud for anything.

1. I wont be using whatsapp just SMS so need to swap over all my old texts
    2. My contacts
    3. My photos
    4. Delete everything off my Q10? unsure if i need to do this

Thank you
    12-16-21 05:03 PM
    In advance - I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post ( please move if so) or if there is a clear non tech guide somewhere ( please point me to it) but what i found, i wasnt sure applied to me or i understood correctly! I got a text on end of life from my provider in the UK only late last week and i am in a panic, i have only ever had Q10's and TBH barely make use of smartphone services other than text, calls and the odd photo/internet search.

I used Blackberry link on my old PC when i got a replacement Q10 but as i will be swapping to an Android phone ( Titan pocket) I have no idea what to do to export my essentials over, as it is a different OS. If anyone could ELI5 jargon free on the following it would be much appreciated as it looks like with waiting for new phone, SIM and being away over Xmas i will be doing this on the very last day possible ( 3rd Jan) I dont generally use the cloud for anything.

1. I wont be using whatsapp just SMS so need to swap over all my old texts
    2. My contacts
    3. My photos
    4. Delete everything off my Q10? unsure if i need to do this

Thank you
    Check this thread out: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13610274 if you haven't already.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-21 05:25 PM
    Hello, thanks but I am not sure i feel confident or fully clear on what to do. It does mention photos can just be put on my PC with a USB so thats good, i did try to get back into Blackberry link but it says i am disconnected and need to sign back in with Blackberry ID and i recall that no longer works?

The link you gave says i need a Blackberry world account for exporting texts ( unless i misunderstood?) but that i cannot install external apps through it any more. I am not even sure i understand what is says about exporting texts, when it says they will not be in 'conversation format' does that mean it will just be a bunch of text not even sorted by person? if it is still sorted by person would i be able to install SMS backup on my PC and get the textx if i can get Blackberry link up? rather than loading the app onto my phone?

Sorry loads of q's I am just dreading being left with a brick and an Andriod phone i have no idea how to use come Jan 4th! If all of this can be done some way on my PC through Blackberry link or similar then i think that is the way to go but i dont know.

Also not sure about Contacts
    12-19-21 05:39 PM
    Nobody can help wth this?
    12-21-21 01:12 PM
    Nobody can help wth this?
    With what?

No, LINK won't help you transition to Android. I'd suggest using Ultimate Backup for BB10 Buy Ultimate Backup For BlackBerry 10

There are plenty of threads on CrackBerry, in just the last month... take some time to search here for your own answers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-21-21 03:39 PM
    How about you dont jump down my neck? Hvae you any idea how rude it sounds? i made clear what i was asking for help with and that i have issues with technical stuff, I ma badly dyslexic have never had another phone other than dumb phones and yes i have researched, as soon as i was told it was happening by my provider which was very late in the day, i read the link and came back with potential issues, you dont like people coming here asking questions and being genuinally confused how about you sign out? There are not plenty of threads on the specifics that i have found, bnecause if there were they would be in the linked thread and there was nothing there. I am not paying for Ultimate backup so if anyone else who doesnt mind people coming to specialsit forums asking questions, as is normal on a forum then please reply.
    12-21-21 05:32 PM
    How about you dont jump down my neck? Hvae you any idea how rude it sounds? i made clear what i was asking for help with and that i have issues with technical stuff, I ma badly dyslexic have never had another phone other than dumb phones and yes i have researched, as soon as i was told it was happening by my provider which was very late in the day, i read the link and came back with potential issues, you dont like people coming here asking questions and being genuinally confused how about you sign out? There are not plenty of threads on the specifics that i have found, bnecause if there were they would be in the linked thread and there was nothing there. I am not paying for Ultimate backup so if anyone else who doesnt mind people coming to specialsit forums asking questions, as is normal on a forum then please reply.
    When your post wasn’t answered for almost two days, that was a natural hint that your question have the necessary answers within the forums already but you just need to put forth more effort to understand what’s posted.

As far as whether or not to pay for something….. Generally if a free option were available, you’ll see it mentioned instead of the paid solution. I believed you’re left with the solutions that you’ve already been offered since the beginning.
    mikael11 likes this.
    12-21-21 09:55 PM
    brookie229 gave you a link that should have given even a luddite the answers needed. There are links to free options for both SMS and Contacts... Photo are easy to move to SD card or access from your PC.

But $15 is pretty cheap for the convenience that Ultimate Backup offers in moving your data, if you want to work a little harder... READ that first post he linked.

Waiting till the 3rd isn't advisable put some effort into it and do it NOW. Something doesn't work, you'll have time.
    Laura Knotek and mikael11 like this.
    12-22-21 08:10 AM