Hello All,
    I love my BB10, but I know that we will eventually have to move to something else. We (my wife and I) will probably like to stay with a BB device because of the keyboard. Our Q10 are old -5yrs+ and we need to plan for a transition.

I know that several years ago when BB began offering Android devices that there were some white paper or links on how to transfer things from the BB10 to the newer BB Android device.

Can someone point them out to me? I looked but didn't find what I thought was available earlier? I would like to preserve my text if possible.

Also, if you have any suggestions on how make a smooth transition, would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Boy I hate to do this, but I know that my Q10 will not last forever. Also, it it matters, we are on Verizon.

Thank you,
    Ray
    05-01-18 11:57 AM
    I think the BlackBerry Content Transfer App is still available in BBW. Results do vary on how well it works... some it catches everything, other they have too much data and not everything makes it over.

I'd focus on only what was a must, anything you can manually export and import...
    MontanaVista likes this.
    05-01-18 03:07 PM
    I use SMS Backup (red icon) to back up BB10 texts to Android. I think SMS Backup and Restore is on android.

All of the texts transferred but the MMS pics were left in a folder and not attached to the threads. I posted a question that went unanswered by the dev, but at least the pics were saved in a massive folder on the android.

Other than that, move your SD card over and use Google to transfer your contacts, email and calendar.

The BlackBerry launcher on android also will help you transition, most of the stuff is similar, especially the calendar.

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    05-01-18 04:40 PM
    I use SMS Backup (red icon) to back up BB10 texts to Android. I think SMS Backup and Restore is on android.

All of the texts transferred but the MMS pics were left in a folder and not attached to the threads. I posted a question that went unanswered by the dev, but at least the pics were saved in a massive folder on the android.

Other than that, move your SD card over and use Google to transfer your contacts, email and calendar.

The BlackBerry launcher on android also will help you transition, most of the stuff is similar, especially the calendar.

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    How about moving from a 9810 (OS 7) device to BB Android? I can' seem to get the Content Transfer app onto the 9810 no matter how I try it. Help! How much of your post applies also to OS 7?
    05-28-18 10:49 PM