Is there anyone who can thoroughly define what PIM services is? I seem to be able to control all other factors consuming my battery, except this.
    I heard it might be the syncing process. So I set my accounts to sync "manually", until I heard, setting it to manually means that: for example, If I set contacts to sync manually. Then every time I go into my contacts, it would sync.
    So I changed this from manually to "24 hours". Is there anyone who can elaborate on this? So as to give us more control?
    On a side note, what are the best settings for the display?

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-06-14 02:38 AM
    I've set mine to manual.
    Seems tamed it a Lil bit. But most of us who are irritated by PIM services are mainly because it consumes data and battery without any ways to stop it.
    And I guess there's no other better option than set it to manual.

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    02-06-14 02:59 AM
    I've set mine to manual.
    Seems tamed it a Lil bit. But most of us who are irritated by PIM services are mainly because it consumes data and battery without any ways to stop it.

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    Thank you for your, responsible, well mannered, simple, straight to the point contribution.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:04 AM
    Hi there if it is battery life you are worried about also make sure you are not running the NFC, Bluetooth, GPS or WiFi when it is not needed. I have a Z10 and my accounts all sync on 15 minute intervals. By only turning these items on when I need them and keeping my screen at 50% I get a decent days use from my battery and I'm a medium to heavy user. Rocking 27-7 in HK with my Z10.... Smartone/Vodaphone how about getting us the 10.2.1 update Please!!!!!
    02-06-14 03:20 AM
    Also, connecting WiFi instead of Cellular drains less battery, just for people who weren't aware, it seems like some don't know that yet.
    yvpan1 and Jrox74 like this.
    02-06-14 03:48 AM
    I've set mine to manual.

Playing back music while driving was giving me 'searching for signal' type interference through the speakers. So not needing to make or take a call at the time, I pulled over and turned network services off (and data too). While I drove I still got the occasional 'searching' interference, so when I arrived at my destination I checked the running services and there had been a 168 kb. data transfer (combined upload and download) while the phone was apparently not connected to any network.
    Weird!

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-06-14 03:51 AM
    Playing back music while driving was giving me 'searching for signal' type interference through the speakers. So not needing to make or take a call at the time, I pulled over and turned network services off (and data too). While I drove I still got the occasional 'searching' interference, so when I arrived at my destination I checked the running services and there had been a 168 kb. data transfer (combined upload and download) while the phone was apparently not connected to any network.
    Weird!

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    Hmm. An app maybe?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:56 AM
    The pim services really drained my battery

Take a look at this

PIM SERVICES! Has anyone successfully tamed this beast?-img_20140130_145935.png

I dont use twitter and facebook, i only have 1 gmail account, no contacts n calendar synced, 15 emails per day, only for bbm (1.700+ contacts), and whatsapp. I have to charge it every now and then, the battery will dead at around 3-3.5hours.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 04:06 AM
    Quite simple really, delete all your accounts, never use calendar or contacts and PIM won't waste your precious battery. While your at it, why not just turn your phone completely off? That should give you excellent battery life.

In the mean time, I'll use my phone as BlackBerry designed it with push updates so I'm always immediately informed. I'll use the speed of a well indexed search function and impress my customers by getting things done on schedule and staying in contact. If this uses my battery, so be it.
    You don't have to be cynical to most who have this issue.

Especially if it hit someone who are working on field and have no access to charger and rely on their phone not to fail them during work.
    And during that time PIM decide to do synchng data without no possible pause or stop button on it.
    And it does so in silence when we are not checking our phone only to realise the battery is getting hotter due to this unscheduled syncing.
    It happens to me few times and I'm NOT on unlimited data to begin with.

Really hope that at least BlackBerry should put a pause or stop button on this PIM services.

02-06-14 04:35 AM
    Hmm. An app maybe?

Posted via CB10
    Very few apps on my device and there was certainly no other data transfer registered on the device monitor. Due to the circumstances I wanted to rule out a misconfigured radio/radio file, so I checked pretty thoroughly.
    Also, I don't use BBM and there's continual traffic there also (with it off).

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-06-14 04:52 AM
    Very few apps on my device and there was certainly no other data transfer registered on the device monitor. Due to the circumstances I wanted to rule out a misconfigured radio/radio file, so I checked pretty thoroughly.
    Also, I don't use BBM and there's continual traffic there also (with it off).

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    You have to know that the system will show graph and data transfers even though you have it closed/stopped. Because the graph and data will show either it's from 'last 24h', 'last 12h' or 'since last charged'.
    And the percentage will keep showing irregardless. You just have to look at the time x percentage to know when is the data was used.

02-06-14 05:05 AM
    PIM SERVICES! Has anyone successfully tamed this beast?-img_20140206_134848.png

z10stl100-2/10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 07:49 AM
    @paul collins4

You're experiencing pim services going up to the roof like me.
    How long will it take from 100% fully charge till the battery drop dead?

Can u show us ur "since last charge" graph?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:18 AM
    To test ... Delete the Facebook account - and the Facebook app - reboot phone.. and see if that made any changes...
    02-06-14 09:19 AM
    @morten

Done already, i already delete all the apps, it's been frustrating for me to have "a smartphone" that doesn't have any apps at all.

I love blackberry from the first time using 8250, until now z10 is very remarkable and did a lot of job done for me, but the battery, fiuhh, just don't know wat to do. Please help anyone.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:27 AM
    I left the PIM services as it is and now it seems to have calmed down a bit. Look at this:

PIM SERVICES! Has anyone successfully tamed this beast?-img_20140121_025746.png

PIM SERVICES! Has anyone successfully tamed this beast?-img_20140120_232417.png

PIM SERVICES! Has anyone successfully tamed this beast?-img_20140120_231852.png

I think with the Z10's less than desirable battery life and the power hungry screen, we notice this drain s lot.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:36 AM
    PIM SERVICES! Has anyone successfully tamed this beast?-img_20140206_154228.png
    5hours for battery is a bit poor like

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 09:43 AM
    Whew.. some serious issue there..
    Wouldn't want to be there when that happens.

Really. BlackBerry should let us choose the actual MANUAL method to pause or stop PIM services when we want it..
    I don't want my phone book, calendar and email to keep synching when there's nothing to sync.
    I want it to sync it when I press the button sync. That's what manual really means. Duh...

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 09:47 AM
    Is there anyone who can thoroughly define what PIM services is? I seem to be able to control all other factors consuming my battery, except this.
    I heard it might be the syncing process. So I set my accounts to sync "manually", until I heard, setting it to manually means that: for example, If I set contacts to sync manually. Then every time I go into my contacts, it would sync.
    So I changed this from manually to "24 hours". Is there anyone who can elaborate on this? So as to give us more control?
    On a side note, what are the best settings for the display?

Posted via CB10
    PIM - Personal Information Management. These are the services that manage your accounts, contacts and calendar. How many accounts and contacts do you have? As for display, try 30% brightness.
    02-06-14 01:25 PM
    Hi there if it is battery life you are worried about also make sure you are not running the NFC, Bluetooth, GPS or WiFi when it is not needed. I have a Z10 and my accounts all sync on 15 minute intervals. By only turning these items on when I need them and keeping my screen at 50% I get a decent days use from my battery and I'm a medium to heavy user. Rocking 27-7 in HK with my Z10.... Smartone/Vodaphone how about getting us the 10.2.1 update Please!!!!!
    +1 on the wifi. Maybe coincidence, not sure, but I turned off my wifi today at work and after almost 10 hours I am still on my original charge. I usually get no more than 6-7 hours. Only downside is that I'll have to remember to turn it back on when I get home. (Z10)

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 04:17 PM
    Very odd! I have 1925/26 on my Q10 and I have unbelievable battery life. My PIM is only at 4% (just checked) and I have maybe 50 apps on my phone of which 30 are android apps. I have never changed a setting on it either with regards to the PIM services. I can unplug my phone at 7am and at 2:51pm (now) it still has 76% left. I also have a "Cleaner" running on my phone that closes all Android apps that you open and "think" you have closed. And, this is with moderate use. Hope you figure it out! Good Luck!
    02-06-14 04:56 PM
    My PIM services seems to be well tamed and sleeping quietly.
    PIM SERVICES! Has anyone successfully tamed this beast?-img_20140206_225700.png

Z10 In action here!
    02-06-14 05:01 PM
    Can you post a picture of the usage line graphs for PIM Services?

(Battery, CPU, Memory, Wifi, Mobile)

It's definitely a syncing problem with one of your accounts.

Zed30
    02-06-14 05:22 PM
    Oh yeah, make sure BlackBerry Link is off! This can be a big battery drain sometimes.

Zed30
    02-06-14 05:27 PM
    Get this app on BBW called "task manager"it will kill any app running in the background, please also go to each app and pull down from the top on settings they have sync times you can adjust from 15 mins to 24 hour intervals, please also note that Calender also syncs you need to adjust that. This should also help if you notice no change and running 10.2.1 change the radio file from. 1899 to. 1926 bar file can be found on this site but recommend downloading leaked 10.2.1. Before attempting as they said that some devices got bricked trying to switch radios on official 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 05:36 PM
73 123