02-24-14 03:01 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oluton-913908/

Maybe this would help..!! Give it a try and lemme know..!!
    03-11-14 02:28 PM
    Check for the solution of delta engineering. In a the forum.

It is the solution
    Keep your battery powered. Do not remove it with a replacement battery.

I notice a reducing cpu of 50 procent after 12 hours.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:03 PM
    Picture

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:04 PM
    My hunch is that the key to this trouble is somewhere around here:
    Attachment 248533

Notice how Wifi usage keeps jumping up to a certain point with almost regular intervals, in my case up to 188 MB. It UPLOADS something at the rate of several Gigs a day! I would love to learn from someone what causes this.

The upload size there is definitely crazy.

Just to reiterate as per the post in the other thread you linked: the culprit for at least 2 people was something trying to sync to Evernote and apparently failing, causing it to go into an endless loop of trying to resync the same data over and over.

Excessive Uploads - Data gone within two days. - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com (Post #5)

I'm not sure if this is the common thread elsewhere, but this issue with PIM Services causing massive battery drain has gotten epidemic after recent 10.2.1 OS releases.
    03-21-14 02:51 AM
    Again, in my case so-called Evernote account was to blame.
    03-23-14 11:13 AM
    I think I did manage this. In my case I switched of the Link. To sync wireless to the laptop.

It is a know advise from it managers to prevent corrupt addresses. happening with android phones as well

Now the phone syncs with one source only.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 01:08 AM
    I have been struggling for a long time and I found the problem. Multiple in mean time. It is the agenda function of the active sync.

I switched of the agenda and the pin service is now low. Very low

Phone will work for 24 hours or more.

The reason for the agenda functions is not found yet. Suspect a corrupt date entry in outlook.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:19 PM
    The agenda function in outlook is the reason. I was advised not to use recurring agenda feature. Often w this mixes up.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 03:31 PM
    The agenda function in outlook is the reason. I was advised not to use recurring agenda feature. Often w this mixes up.

I'm not specifically familiar with this "recurring agenda" feature you speak of. You mean a recurring appointment?

Can you post screenshots of exactly where this feature is enabled/disabled?
    04-16-14 07:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you referring to the calendar?

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    04-17-14 02:33 PM
    I am sorry. I mean recurring appointments. This solves the second question. I was advised not to use it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:19 AM
    Yes the calender and recurring appointments. Dor me switching of the calender function in the active sync reduces the cpu load caused by Pim service. Battery went up from 4 hours to 1 day.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:19 AM
    Confirmed. Calender outlook created the battery drain. Now it is gone.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-23-14 05:15 PM
    Confirmed. Calender outlook created the battery drain. Now it is gone.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Gmail, work email, and an Outlook account (including reoccurring calendar appointment for each) and still get 14-16 hours with heavy use. *shrug*

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    04-23-14 05:42 PM
    I have a Gmail, work email, and an Outlook account (including reoccurring calendar appointment for each) and still get 14-16 hours with heavy use. *shrug*

People are jumping to conclusions due to very small sample sizes. (ie, themselves)

The issue seems to revolve in general around the PIM syncing process.

That is multi-faceted, and could entail any one or combination of contacts, calendar events/invites, notes (ie syncing Remember notes to Evernote) or possibly email.

I think that the "culprit" is not contacts or calendar or notes per se - it is something to do with an irregularity with the data in one or more of those databases, along with some bug in the BB10 syncing process that causes high CPU utilization when this situation is encountered. (ie rather than a graceful error/timeout along with an informative error message that tells the user something like "There's something funky with your calendar data, I'm going to stop trying to sync that corrupted junk now")
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-24-14 06:13 AM
    That is correct. But to find the problem record is a difficult job. Especially when it is a recurring appointments created several year ago migrated through some exchange servers.

So yes I removed the right record.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 11:42 AM
    Delete your twitter and Facebook account.
    You can set it up again. There must have been a loophole during the sync process.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 11:48 AM
    Get this PIM issue with several Q10 in the company. Only Outlook mailboxes are sync (BES).
    No Gmail/yahoo , no FB , no Evernote etc.. (work partition is used )
    Switch OFF the networkS : does not help (still 50% proc)
    Delete email account and re-add it : does not help
    of course restart the devices does not help
    the ONLY thing that solves this issue : wipe the devices ! re-install from scratch > add email account .
    04-26-14 05:11 AM
    Hi
    I had the same problem with BlackBerry ad the PIM was always on 40% plus and battery always gone in no time.

I set the phone to air plain mod and notice the issue still remains with the same 40% PIM.

I went to the file manager and checked the download section, deleted the 3 apk android related app that I had to download for installation.

Bang, worked out the files there been interfering with the PIM. Straight away PIM went to idle.

Hope this help.

Sam

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 12:00 PM
    Hi
    I had the same problem with BlackBerry ad the PIM was always on 40% plus and battery always gone in no time.

I set the phone to air plain mod and notice the issue still remains with the same 40% PIM.

I went to the file manager and checked the download section, deleted the 3 apk android related app that I had to download for installation.

Bang, worked out the files there been interfering with the PIM. Straight away PIM went to idle.

Hope this help.

Sam

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't make any sense. Must have been a coincident.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 04:32 PM
    Well it seems if you have apk files such as skype and Viber in download section it will effect the PIM load.

Coincidence!! Possible. It did work for me though. Wanted to share with others.

Sam

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 06:21 PM
    Well it seems if you have apk files such as skype and Viber in download section it will effect the PIM load.

Coincidence!! Possible. It did work for me though. Wanted to share with others.

Can you clarify please what you mean by "in download section".

There are a variety of ways to install an Android app on a BlackBerry 10 device. The most popular way is to install a ported Android app directly from the BlackBerry World. Skype and Viber are both available that way, but prior to that, people installed them by "sideloading" or other methods.
    04-27-14 09:41 AM
73 123