The picture unlock on my Q10 is amazing. Slide the numbers over the photo until your number is in the spot that you picked...but no one else knows what you're doing! It's brilliant. Is something similar available for android?
    Ohnoesfb Lolok likes this.
    02-05-15 01:22 PM
    There's one where you can draw Symbols on Andro but nothing like BB10's from what I can find.
    02-05-15 01:26 PM
    Picture unlock ? What do you mean ? I have a Q10 and i have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.
    02-05-15 01:34 PM
    Picture unlock ? What do you mean ? I have a Q10 and i have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.
    Settings -- Security & Privacy -- Device Password -- turn on Picture Password
    anon(9155131) and Melliejoy like this.
    02-05-15 01:43 PM
    Settings -- Security & Privacy -- Device Password -- turn on Picture Password
    Thank you ; it seems really great.
    02-05-15 01:49 PM
    it is pretty damn good security... then again if it wasn't BB wouldn't use it.
    02-05-15 01:49 PM
    picture unlock is one of my favorite feature on the device as well
    Ohnoesfb Lolok likes this.
    02-05-15 04:26 PM
    I love picture password...it's great to show off to people that have other devices. I unlocked my phone in view of 5 of my friends. No one could guess the password. It earned me a free beverage at the lounge we were at.

My berry keeps getting better...Z10 since Feb 2013
    02-05-15 04:32 PM
    Sorry I did call it the wrong name - it's better known as "picture password". This video seems to show there's a version of the same thing available for android...can anyone verify? Seems to be under settings/security/screen lock/face unlock.
    02-06-15 05:41 AM
    Whoops - forgot link
    02-06-15 05:42 AM
    I actually find this Picture password to be very clunky and never accurate. I would prefer it if they would just let me use a 4 digit pass code with numbers appearing on my touch screen. Now that would be easy and convenient!

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-06-15 07:52 AM
    Sorry I did call it the wrong name - it's better known as "picture password". This video seems to show there's a version of the same thing available for android...can anyone verify? Seems to be under settings/security/screen lock/face unlock.
    Yup. In the description of the video it specifically that it's pretty much a copy of BB 10 picture password.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 08:17 AM
    Holy Moly. I looked more into this and...it is a total copy of picture password from bbry 10. BlackBerry is genius. Damn proud to carry one. This app makes unlocking your phone sort of...well...fun! Plus it's great you can use your own picture if you want. I hope bbry took out a patent on this. I'm sure they did.
    02-06-15 10:28 AM
    Picture password really is great, even more so than typical passwords.

However, my corporate mail policy does not allow it on my phone

With typical passwords, your password is compromised if the other person sees you typing. With the picture password, you can unlock your phone right in front of other people and they still would not know.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 01:39 PM
    it's really not that great, I'd have to try multiple attempts to unlock and it just looks ugly it's not clean it just looks bad and its not smooth enough if you don't get it right in the center it doesn't register. it's honestly faster and more secure to just use a typing unlock

02-08-15 11:16 AM
    Yup. In the description of the video it specifically that it's pretty much a copy of BB 10 picture password.

Posted via CB10
    A poorly done less secure copy.
    You'll notice that the picture password on BlackBerry changes the grid layout every time, not JUST the numbers, but the number of rows and row spacing etc.

Done the way the picture password knockoff is done on android you can easily unlock the phone by putting ANY number in the same position as when the phone was unlocked. The odds of the correct number being in the right place is 1/10.

Sucks.

BlackBerry did it right.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 11:26 AM
    it's really not that great, I'd have to try multiple attempts to unlock and it just looks ugly it's not clean it just looks bad and its not smooth enough if you don't get it right in the center it doesn't register. it's honestly faster and more secure to just use a typing unlock

You're not holding it right. ;-)

Seriously though, you don't want the happy zone to be large... defeats the purpose of a password. You should pick a number in a spot that is easy for you to put very close. Ie hang a 9 on the tip of a branch, or use a 3 as an ear on someone's head.
    It's really not that hard and more secure than a 4digit pin.
    It could be argued that it's more secure than a typed password because if you watch some one unlock their phone..
    Password - you're in, picture password - you're VERY likely not.

For those that prefer a simple pin you can enable "simple password" in the security settings.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 11:34 AM
    Picture Password is awesome. It was strange to get used to it at first, but after many months, I can't imagine not using it.

Attachment 332563

Frosty white Q10/10.3.1.2072
    02-08-15 02:43 PM
    I thought it was great at first, but it took me at least 2 or 3 attempts to get it done where it's really fast with the password. Not optimal for productivity.
    02-08-15 02:46 PM
    I liked it, but found that it took too long to get it right. The iPhone has nailed it - the touch ID is fast and accurate.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 03:36 PM
    If I may, the precision is directly linked to the picture you choose. It helps when the "point of interest" can be easily aligned with a number. Like vertical lines for 1 and 4, diagonals for 2 and 7, dots for 3, 6, 8, 9 and 0.
    I still use this picture :
    Picture Unlock is Awesome-6_sense1.jpg
    But a sky at night with a lot of small stars can be even easier if you know your constellation
    02-08-15 06:20 PM
    This is definitely the one feature that totally stands out to people when I'm around them. I've had so many people be very curious and ask about it when they see it and probably don't realize it's how I unlock my phone. It can be a bit embarrassing sometimes because people think I'm playing some sort of game though...
    02-09-15 12:00 AM