I have a Q10 and an iPhone 5, my son took a video with his iPhone and sent it to me as a MMS. When I got it on my iPhone, it worked just like it should. I emailed it to myself so it would be on all my devices (iMac, iPad and Q10) it wirks fine on all the apple devices but it plays upside down on the Q10. I just sent it to a windows laptop and it works like it should as well. Has anyone ran into this problem?
    07-13-13 05:50 PM
    I think this is a bug in the BB10 software. It can happen with pictures too. If you take a picture or video the "direction" of the video/picture is embedded. The software that you view the video/picture then has to read the code and rotate the media appropriately. The bb10 software must not be reading this code correctly.
    07-13-13 06:03 PM
    I think this is a bug in the BB10 software. It can happen with pictures too. If you take a picture or video the "direction" of the video/picture is embedded. The software that you view the video/picture then has to read the code and rotate the media appropriately. The bb10 software must not be reading this code correctly.
    Well, I hope it is a software bug and one that gets fixed. I get a lot of pics and movies from family and it will suck big time if this is the way it will always be. I just got the Q10 and I really like it but little things like this are annoying. I'll try taking a pic and movie with the Q10 and send it to the iPhone and see what that does. I just thought of something, I always hold the iPhone with left side down when taking movies so I'll see what it does when I turn the iPhone down to the right.
    07-13-13 06:54 PM
    Well I sent 2 movies to my Q10 and the video I took with the iPhone while holding it in landscape with the volume buttons down (to the left), plays upside down. The video I took with the iPhone to the right landscape, plays right side up. Still plays on all my other devices right side up no matter how it was filmed. I didn't have this problem with my 9900 so I guess it is a BB10 software problem. Not a big deal but annoying as can be!
    07-13-13 08:09 PM
    I ran into the same thing last evening. Received a video from a few friends, laughed at them being drunk cause of the upside down video... then they laughed at me for holding the phone upside down.

There's something wrong with the playback. Cause the preview even is the right way up. Not solved in the last leak.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:40 AM