Hey guys. Q10 here. I love the phone, rock solid. Battery life is good, gets me through most of the day.

My problem is a functional one. I have done different searches all over the internet, and cannot find anything related to it, or if I do, no replys. I really hope somebody can share their experience with this phone, because otherwise I am left with a useless device.

My apps will stop connecting to the internet. Now, before you start asking basic questions, please have in mind that I have knowledge about the way these devices work. But I need you to share and tell me if you are having the same issues.

As I said, my apps will stop connecting. Network is fine, I haven't tried to send SMS/MMS but I can make phone calls. H/E/4G and blackberry icon is showing, full bars.

Whatsapp won't receive/send messages. The clock icon will stay there. My contacts would send me messages and have only one tick. So the messages are going through the server, but not the device.

Facebook will not connect at all. Messages will not be sent or loaded, news feed blank. "No internet connection" shows. On top of that, the FB app in blackberry is horrible, the push notifications are just dead.

Email has not been tested while this happens.

Browsing is very random.. most of the time it will work, some other times it will freeze at all. I have used the phone in a different city, and it is even worse. Whatsapp will stop working after 2-3 minutes, sometimes after 3 messages. Maybe 5-15 minutes after, the phone will start working again, and I would receive all notifications at the same time (sometimes up to 50 messages)

Now, I need to figure out if it is a problem of my phone personally, the carrier, or the Q10, generally speaking. I need to know what to tell them. They would replace my device but it takes 3-4 days and they give no other phone in the mean time (Which means going back to an older device) So before anything happens, I need to explore all alternatives.

Is anybody else having the same problem? Through WI-FI it seems to work fine. I have done only 2G only 3G, battery pull, reinstall, etc etc. All the "soft" options. No results.

I have Etisalat , from UAE, and they have just released their version of the updated OS, 3 days ago. Both old and new version have the same issues. I would say it could be the 4G, but on EDGE or 3G I am having still the same problems.....

I have a data plan that lets me use everything on the phone.

Please if you have any suggestions, let me know. Sorry for the long post.
    ikiyen likes this.
    06-27-13 12:01 PM
    When this happens, have you noticed if the letters of network type, such as H or 4G, change to small case, like h or 4g?
    If so, I have that recurring, but infrequent, issue too.

When it happens, you can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

That should also delay the next recurrence.
    06-27-13 12:53 PM
    I'll give it a try. But no, the network connection does not change at all, BIS (or whatever it is in this OS) shows it is working, so no, nothing changes that I can notice.
    06-27-13 02:15 PM
    I noticed my alarm clock app that I paid for, stops updating and doesn't work sometimes.

I keep in on screen and turn phone off at night

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:19 PM
    Is it just that app? What about other apps? Do you get messages delayed?

I might stop using it for a bit, phone goes idle, come back to it, cant send or receive. 10 mins after I get all of them together, crazy!
    06-28-13 12:37 AM
    Is it just that app? What about other apps? Do you get messages delayed?

I might stop using it for a bit, phone goes idle, come back to it, cant send or receive. 10 mins after I get all of them together, crazy!
    Seems just the alarm clock app

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:21 PM
    it must be the app is not properly coded then.

On the other hand, been on wifi all day, experiencing the same issue, whastapp just wont connect.
    06-29-13 04:33 AM
    Just perform the reset as I described above and see if your issues disappear.

This is how you CB10, son!
    06-29-13 05:01 PM
    Just perform the reset as I described above and see if your issues disappear.

This is how you CB10, son!
    Done it before, but still same problem. Wonder if its hardware or software?
    07-01-13 07:55 AM
    I have the same issues. It's killing me, because most of the time (during this situation) I am unavailable. After 5-10 minutes I got messages about missed calls, and the phone sends & receives all the messages being stopped. All this time it's shows like the phone is connected to network with very good to excellent reception. Edge, 3G, H or 4G it doesn't make a different.

If I try to make a call during that 5-10 minutes all I got is this "Call Failure" - "This call could not be connected. Please try again later"

Today, I've contacted my network, they have done all kind of checks on my SIM, number, network antennas around me, and have concluded that the phone is the problem.

Last night I updated to software 10.1.0.4285 from .237 (I think) but it didn't help at all. Today, 2-3 times, I experienced the same issue.

Do you, by any chance, have issues with you address book?
    07-01-13 02:37 PM
    I'm on wifi now and experiencing the same issue. It is a problem with the phone, and not the network.

What type of address book are you talking about? The problem I have is that the phone won't associate numbers properly, therefore I have different entries of the same number.

I have to take the phone to them and leave it for 2-3 days until they decide it is the phone. But I already know this, and it will be a pain just to wait.

Seems we both have a faulty phone. What provider are you on?

It is extremely upsetting, buying a new phone with a such an obvious problem out of the box. 0 quality control.
    07-02-13 06:58 AM
    I must agree with you, especially about being extremely upsetting, even more if you are using your phone for business, then you cannot afford to be unavailable every now or then (depending on who knows what).

I am using Croatian VIPnet network. Phone was purchased in Italy (TIM network), last week. White BlackBerry Q10, made in Mexico 5.

Last night I tested it with other Croatian network SIM card (Tele2) and it's much better but the issue with Call Failure is still there. On the other network (Tele2) I didn't have BlackBerry symbol next to signal strength bar, and I have noticed it was changing network type less then my network (where I can see it jumps from gsm to E, H, 4G). Somehow I believe that constant switching is causing the problems.

I asked you about the contacts of you phone, because, I assumed it might be the reason for call failure. However that is not the case. Also tested it today with only few new contacts inputed directly to contacts (not transfered from old BB).
    07-02-13 08:16 AM
    Call failure would be directly related to the network, not the address book. If it was a problem with the address book, you would get a message from your operator saying the number is not valid or something like that.

The data problem could be related or not with the calling problem (most likely it is), but as of now, I don't know what to make of it. Just downloaded the new whatsapp update... i'll post my experience.
    07-03-13 04:18 AM
    Whatsapp stops working while all other apps keep running. Clock symbol and all, facebook works, bbm, browser. No probs.
    07-03-13 08:20 AM
    I don't see the solution. Please help. I cannot call anyone but I can receive calls :S!
    07-10-13 03:54 AM
    I don't see the solution. Please help. I cannot call anyone but I can receive calls :S!
    Contact your carrier first. Just to confirm if they haven't blocked the SIM and there is no problem from their side.

Yes, you should be able to contact your carrier from ANOTHER phone.
    07-10-13 03:59 AM
    Today I received a phone call from tech support of my carrier. They have been testing the line/phone number for the last 5 days and have concluded that it is either hardware or software issue of device.
    Since I've had three software version in that period of time I assume it's then the hardware issue.

They say that the phone is connected to network (as I have signal) but every few hours looses some kind of connection (they mentioned something like package) and seeks for reconnect but network refuses it as it's already "connected". Very weird issue (that results in not being able to receive and make calls, SMS, and usually data blocks as well).

This afternoon I change SIM card (same number/network) but I didn't help. From Monday I will test device on another network and see if issue persists.

Hope you guys have more luck
    Last edited by T1984M; 07-12-13 at 02:32 AM.
    07-11-13 03:24 PM